2.0.4: Command-Q No Longer Quits

Mac Technical Support
Prior to the latest big patch, Command-Q would cause SCII to quit, just like it does for every other Mac program. Now, though, it has no effect whatsoever; to quit, I have to use the mouse and mouse my way to a Blizzard menu to quit.

It's a small thing, but annoying.

Any way to restore the normal Command-Q behavior?
I don't know if there's a way to restore the normal behaviour, but I noticed you can now do Command-Option-Q to quit.
I'd second adding Command-Q back, especially after a large update there's lots of quitting and re-opening. If there is a new shortcut it needs to display as a tooltip or something.
yeah same here. It happened since HotS beta, and now in the new version of SCII.
If you switch to windowed mode and go to the Starcraft II menu (top left corner of the screen) you can see the new shortcut there. That's how I found it.

I wish they'd bring back command-Q though. I'm guessing they changed it to command-option-Q because it was too easy to press accidentally. I can't say I've ever done it accidentally though.
This isn't a bug.

This is something that is being evaluated with all Blizzard games, to bring a happy medium to all. I'll touch base with the team to provide feedback that is being mentioned here.
It was actually a big complaint that people didn't like command q because they'd accidentally quit game when hot keying or macroing stuff. This is just one change though where no matter which way it goes, someone is going to be unhappy unless they make it an option that lets you choose either way.
I would just like to comment as well that its annoying that command q does not quit the game like all mac apps.
Making a change that contradicts the OS UI guidelines seems ill-advised, regardless of OS. However, according to Tech support, Command-Q is still available. They told me that "in the game options there is the ability to change the command/cntrl keys behavior and enable/disable the command Q button." I have been unable to find that option, and have yet to get a response from my request for further information.
02/24/2013 01:21 PMPosted by Omega
This is just one change though where no matter which way it goes, someone is going to be unhappy unless they make it an option that lets you choose either way.

...Then why not just do that...?