License limit reached

General Discussion
Here's my two cents:

There is no reason Blizz should try to stop people who want to buy multiple accounts (it's more money for them, amirite?)

At the same time, you weren't really honest with the posters in this thread as to your intentions, in fact, you were somewhat evasive, meaning you actually want this for smurfing.

Why?

Because, obviously, if it was really just about wanting to experiment with new builds and what not, there are obviously ways to do this already in the game, without affecting your ranking in any way. This is exactly what unranked games are for.

So, if you really want to smurf that badly, just start a new email account, and get a new copy of the game attached to it.

Why should Blizzard go out of their way to accommodate something they've clearly been trying to eliminate (smurfing tends to drive away some of their customer base, and they've said as much...they don't want people doing it, because they need customers....SCI was far too intimidating to new players).

Fair enough.
if you want to mess around in games that dont matter play the custom melee games ud be surprised how many people play those and try fun builds, i was in a game the other day where we both went mothership rush its was interesting

dont worry about ur record and just play the game for fun, noone really cares what ur record is, i know i dont and if i did care id get too nervous to ever play sc2 lol
if you want to mess around in games that dont matter play the custom melee games ud be surprised how many people play those and try fun builds, i was in a game the other day where we both went mothership rush its was interesting

dont worry about ur record and just play the game for fun, noone really cares what ur record is, i know i dont and if i did care id get too nervous to ever play sc2 lol

Testing builds dont work in custom games because other people are likely not going to play seriously either.

So you can't really tell if your build is valid or not under normal competitive conditions.
I love all the complaints here. Just make another e-mail!
The current reason is probably less to do with smurfing and more to do with technical limitations. If you register multiple SC2 licenses to one Battle.net account, what happens when you log in to the client? There probably just isn't a "select an account" screen like there is for WoW.

On asking if Blizzard wants to implement such a system or not, that probably goes back to smurfing, which is a huge debate of its own.
Testing builds dont work in custom games because other people are likely not going to play seriously either.

So you can't really tell if your build is valid or not under normal competitive conditions.[/quote]

thats a good point, however alot of people do play customs to "warm up" before ladder games, the example i used was just a funny thing that can happen in custom melee.

and i think ull find that if the build your practicing can scout out and beat those cute types of play then that makes that build all the more competitive.
The current reason is probably less to do with smurfing and more to do with technical limitations. If you register multiple SC2 licenses to one Battle.net account, what happens when you log in to the client? There probably just isn't a "select an account" screen like there is for WoW.

On asking if Blizzard wants to implement such a system or not, that probably goes back to smurfing, which is a huge debate of its own.

There is one though, it's just called "Select Character"
I totally agree w/ you, i have two wow accounts in my battle.net

so there should be no reason for blizzard to not allow 2 sc2 accounts
if i were you id stop caring about my record and play the damn game for fun like the rest of the world
License limit. Absurd error: i own the DVD, bought this stupid game OFFLINE.
BLIZZARD, KEEP ME LOCKED OUT? I WANT A FULL REFUND WITH INTEREST!. SMALL CLAIMS COURT WORKS!!!
Probably because they're Blizzard, and while they are exceptional game-makers, they sometimes face-dive across gravel when it comes to anticipating the finer points of consumer wants.

It's really not important, and all you need to get around it is a second email address... so I don't see it changing any time soon. It's not a minor change (compared to, say, the name change that's been a hot topic lately), either, as it would require them to restructure their entire log-on system (perhaps battle.net-wide); I'd rather live with the system as it is and have them focus on more important issues.

TL;DR:
Hi, how are you?
just nice they offer you the option to choose your character after logging in.

you only get one option, but it makes you "pick" that option for no reason. kinda brings attention to the fact that you can't have a second account/character linked
my problem is that i installed on two computers initially (work and home)home computer died then got a new one(3 installs). i just got a lap top and want to install (cannot because of license restrictions)
You can add it in a different region, I bought the SEA version so I got the NA version for free.
why!? why would you necro this thread?!?! how do you even find them!?
10/03/2010 12:09 PMPosted by Juniwa
The problem is still there though, why isn't Blizzard letting us just have 2 accounts under 1 email?

Game integrity. There I said it.

Blizzard does not want to explicitly allow smurfs by allowing 2 sc2 on 1 account.

But if you are willing to buy another sc2 and use it under a another email, Blizz is not gonna go to an extreme to stop you from buying their stuff.