Reaper (RP): Showdown.

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 6 7 8
{That's where it is. It's powering up again from the looks of it.}
Suddenly, the device at the aft of the bridge flashes brightly. A rift in space opens, like a hole in what can be seen, then solidifies into a a column of blue light.

I walk into the shaft of flame, then smile and wave a Zack.

"Whle this had been most entertaining, I'm afraid I don't have much time available right now. I bid you adieu. I fear this will be the last you see of Doctor Emil Narud."

I bow as the light I stand in brightens.

I vanish, on to a new chapter in my plans.

---------------------------------------------------

Attention all crew members: we may have suffered a slight error, as
computer records of a limited period are not available. However, all
systems are fully active now, and diagnostics indicate that the ship is
undamaged.

Klaxons begin to go off.

Alert. Protoss warship detected warping in.

Looking around, you see the Captain at the command seat and the crew members at their stations.

"Great," the Captain growls. "First the Doctor gets killed by a Changeling, then this! BAttle Stations everyone!" He shakes his head. "Guess it's just gonna be one of those days," he mutters.

To Be Continued.

This is the end of Reaper, the first chapter of the Warriors RP saga. Be on the lookout for chapter two: Templar.
I growl as I watch him vanish and return to my ship, walking to Andy. "Discord, it was Duran that you hit...."
Yes Andy. But this is not a painful experience for me. I download information all the time. You are not used to this kind of... download. If I was not controlling the information flow, your neurons would fry and you would be dead...
And in possession of hours of useless security footage, access codes, histories, and the like. Remind me to clean my databanks out later.

{No Zack, it wasn't. Unless the doctor has figured out how to recover from a missing head.}
"You weren't on the bridge when he revealed his name. Emil Narud. After digging around in the Void, I found Duran's essence. It's the same as Narud's. They're the same person."
Discord sounds annoyed. This in and of itself is unusual. Perhaps it has something to do with his proximity to Andy.

{His name is irrelevant unless he knows how to recover from a MISSING HEAD! Unless you are telling me the man I hit was not the doctor, which contradicts your earlier statement.}
I chime in a bit, seemingly emotionless in my commentary.
"Discord, please review the memories I gained from Kerrigan on the subject of Duran. The man is basically a paradox in of himself... And I myself find the footage and access codes fairly interesting. Although I will store most of your memories in the recesses of my own mind, I am sure that at some time it will become helpful."

OOC: Umm... wait. The Captain and everyone was dead..? Where are we then?
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm wondering if he did a sort of time reversal thingie.

IC: I glance into the bridge and curse. "We need to clear out for now. A Protoss warship just dropped out into real space in front of the station. I don't know what the hell he did, cause everyone we killed is alive again, but I'm not worried about it." I start to walk away, then turn to Andy. "Tell Laura she knows where to find me." With that, I blink to my ship and sit down, it vanishing into warp space.
Looking around, you see the Captain at the command seat and the crew members at their stations.

"Great," the Captain growls. "First the Doctor gets killed by a Changeling, then this! BAttle Stations everyone!" He shakes his head. "Guess it's just gonna be one of those days," he mutters.

Is the captain not dead and did the bridge not blow up to smithereens?

Is the captain not dead and did the bridge not blow up to smithereens?

See? We're not alone in our confusion!
SOOOOOO
Now the wait for Knarled to explain all of this begins!

But first...

IC: I look at the Reapers around me, sighing.
"Just stay alive until we know what happened. I need to take Discord somewhere..."
I blink into the Phantom, beginning to pilot it around, feeling it prepare for a warp jump.
You already know where we're going, don't you? You already know what is there. It is time, don't you think? Time for her to see the light of day again?
Time indeed. It shall be interesting to see how she reacts to what has changed.
Most likely with disappointment at the circumstances she was subject to... Though, we will be unable to tell until we actually get there...
The Warp is nearly completed, and I take the time to check that all of her gear was safely tucked away before stepping back into the cockpit, looking down at the desolate, barren world that was teeming with life under it's wasteland exterior.
So my companion... what do you think of my old home..?
While watching your confusion and that of your characters has been most fascinating, I must now bring this thread to a halt. Please refrain from posting here. The sequel will follow shortly.

As for your confusion, it is merited. Rest assured that some things, if not all, will eventually be explained. For now, though, I will clear up a few things:

1: Yes, the Captain and company were dead. They don't appear dead any longer, and their recollection of certain events seems skewed. What could have caused this? Perhaps we will eventually find out.

2: No, the Doctor did not die. He survived and escaped. Some of you may be asking: "Knarled, I thought you promised we would get to kill the Doctor in this thread. What happened?" Well, for that I have to pull out my final Star Wars quote:

"I lied, as I have from the very beginning."

-Darth Vader.

3: The ship's internal diagnostic indicated that the ship is undamaged. As our heroes happen to have witnessed some major parts being blown off of the ship, we can conclude that either the computer is in error or something bizarre has occurred.

4: What the heck are Protoss doing here?

5: Unless the extreme back pains I am suffering interfere, the sequel will begin tomorrow in celebration of Heart of the Swarm's release.
  • Note: As I play through the HotS campaign, the storyline may be affected in certain ways.
  • 6: All killed characters are back alive and on the bridge of the ship. We will eventually return to this place, and at that point any unclaimed characters can and will be used as redshirts.

7: Obviously my "clearing up" has raised even more questions. I assure you, these questions will NOT be answered... yet. So don't ask any more questions. I hate questions.

Conclus.
    Troll XD
    Actual conclus.