The Rising Tide

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
Em opened his mouth to say something, but his cousin anticipated it, cut him off before he could speak.

"Don't even think about it," Li said flatly. "Not without permission."

Em rolled his eyes. "And how are we supposed to get permission, wise one?"

Li smiled. "Easy. We send Ralius with a letter."

Em's face fell. "That could take forever! He'd have to fly all the way to Stoneberg and back, and the answer might be no!"

His cousin was unaffected. "I'm sure the tournament doesn't begin in the next five minutes. It's probably days from now. Listen, he'll announce a date eventually."
Where the sign in?
Page 1, click the link.

IC:

His cousin was unaffected. "I'm sure the tournament doesn't begin in the next five minutes. It's probably days from now. Listen, he'll announce a date eventually."

"1000 gold coins for the victor! 1000 gold coins! Step right up! It's the chance of a lifetime.
Bale ignored that last question and stared with shock. "My father? His father was the Lord before he was and it was his father that followed the old king... This can't be true..."
While Li is glancing around nervously, Em steps up.

"Hullo... when is this tournament?"
A bearded man came in with with a bucket of fish. He set it aside next to the stove.

"Father! You're back!"

"Of course! How is our guest?"

"Recovering. You do know who he is? He's Bale Remnani!"

"Bale? I figured as much. I've heard your conversation as I came in. Seems like you are in disbelief that that your father may have been responsible for our...circumstances."

Bale nods slowly.

The father thinks and begins, "Your grandfather was an old man perhaps in his late sixties. He was very close to his son and his son's advice was held to a higher standard, Your grandfather was always reluctant to throw in his support; in fact, he wished neutrality. Your father on the other hand, made it quite clear that we should support the crown. Within a week of the war, your grandfather suddenly announced his decision to help the crown."

"Raveness, prepare the fish." He looks back at Bale.

"Do you understand now?" he asks.
=========

While Li is glancing around nervously, Em steps up.

"Hullo... when is this tournament?"

"Here is a good man! Are there any others in this fair city? My good knight, this tournament will be up in two day's time within the Coliseum!"
OOC: Bump

It was nighttime and the last of the rings of the bell signaled to the villagers that it was time for rest. A sentry stood at watch next to a small campfire and yawned. Nighttime patrol duty was a bore. This peaceful village rarely saw anything exciting. There was little theft, murders, or scuffles.

He grabbed a canteen and took a sip. Another sentry made his way to the fire.

"Hello Garner. How goes the night?"

"Same as always Gabriel."

"Have you heard the news?"

"What news? There's hardly any news around these parts."

"Oh come on, the ravens just arrived this morning! The Aynes are beginning to mobilize to attack the wildeman. There's a sizable host making its way towards the forest."

"Heh, that's good to hear. Dirty ruffians those wildemen. Shouldn't be long before they are routed by-"

"Shh...you hear that?"

"What? I don't hear anythin-"

A hand ax found itself embedded on the back of Garner's skull and Garner's body fell on top of the campfire, extinguishing the light. An arrow hit Gary in the chest.

Gary stumbled backward and struggled to get back on his feet. The wild "Wooo loooo wooooo" war cries of the wildeman sang through the air. Fire arrows soon came upon the town's huts. Gary took out his sword but found himself back on the ground. The last sensation he felt was a lot of blood running down on his face and seeing Garner's split head.
Bale sat still with a broken gaze upon broken news. Not wanting to here what was said about his father but yet... He couldn't tell if it was true or false. But why would they save him then to only tell him a lie. This required his attention.

"I don't know if I understand or not. I thought of him to be a good man and yet... What do I do?" He asked. Bale asked with a form of pain in his heart.
Bale sat still with a broken gaze upon broken news. Not wanting to here what was said about his father but yet... He couldn't tell if it was true or false. But why would they save him then to only tell him a lie. This required his attention.

"I don't know if I understand or not. I thought of him to be a good man and yet... What do I do?" He asked. Bale asked with a form of pain in his heart.

"What you need to understand is that the people of the other Isles consider their predicament to be your father's fault because he was the one who convinced your grandfather to take on that disastrous war. What you do, is up to you. Just know that these folk's hearts are hardened and they will rise against your house if things don't turn around soon."
Bale was thinking and thinking over several ideas until one came to mind. "What if I convince my father once I find him. To step down and let someone else lead the Islands? After all. We need someone to directly help the people and in a way... My father isn't suited to help an entire region. What do I know? It's probably just an idea that's going to fail in a terrible manner."
"You never know unless you try. Get some rest boy."
Bale gave a weak sigh. Resting his worrisome head against the soft pillow. Taking a look at the ceiling and doing as he was told. Knowing that his host was correct. Eyes closing like heavy rain drops.
Can I get a small time skip please? Not right away, just...soon.
Can I get a small time skip please? Not right away, just...soon.

Not until KO's and CR's+Owlfeather subplot is done.
Right...I'll be patient.
Since night fell, the two youths have returned to their chambers, though Li has sent his hawk, Ralius, to deliver a message to the Stoneberg.
OOC: Sorry about not posting here, I'll try to get something up tomorrow.
Same, except hopefully accurate.
OOC: Sorry, parents wouldn't let me use the computer last night.

Ciara said nothing for a few seconds, appearing to be thinking about something, before she gave a brief nod and a slight smile. "Good. Of course, I still have to clear this with Eriel, but I'm fairly certain that he will agree to an alliance, even as stubborn as he is about things like this. I will send a bird to him immediately." Upon mention of Eriel, a look of slight concern crossed her face, but she quickly buried it with another small smile. "Until then however, is there anything that you need? As admiral, I have a certain degree of freedom in what I am permitted to do independent of Eriel and the council."

Zirian's gaze rested on the table's surface, his face showing no clear emotions except for a slightly troubled look. He slowly looked up again, glancing between Ceodore and Kristina. "May I have some more time to consider this? I am... "

His voice trails off for a moment, as if he was unable to find the appropriate word. "Well, it is Kristina's decision as well."
Ceodore gave the smile back and sticking his hand back out for Ciara. "Yes, of course. And thank you if you do help us." He then stands up to accompany Ciara perhaps to send the message. "I'll lead you to where the birds are at and there is no need of you to help us yet. But thank you for the offer." His gaze then came across Zirian. "Yes... I'm not forcing you and I realize that ultimately, it's your decisions and her's. If you want I can leave the two of you in privacy."

Krstina gave a nod towards her father, Ceodore. "That would be okay, father. You don't need to know everything and you must be able to respect his decision." She said. Trying to help out Zirian escape a more... open decision. It was his choice after all.