there must be shotgun

Terran Discussion
i think marines must use shotgun against zergling, ultra.
i dont think rifle is stronger than shotgun in close distance.
Stronger still is Kung-Fu. They could 1-inch punch them.
Marine guns are pretty badass though.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/C-14_rifle

"In use by 2478, the C-14 fires hypersonic 8 mm armor-piercing metal "spikes" which can penetrate up to two inches of steel plating"

Given how long it takes to kill a ling with a C-14, I have a feeling a shotgun wouldn't cut it.
Shotguns are only effective at relatively close range versus "soft" targets. Zerg units have carapaces and would be highly shotgun resistant. Incendiary rounds might work, but you can only fire one every few minutes or they destroy the gun barrel.
shotguns are only effective at closer ranger against soft targets?
who says that?
did you even watch any shotgun video on youtube?
and did you even see any latest shotgun nowadays?
and they rush with really strong skins. that is why you must use shotgun.
i think you haven't played any FPS game in your life.
rifle would be better if all enemies have weak skins without shield because you can kill anyone with a bullet.
anyway shotguns are better in close distance than rifle.
Marine guns are pretty badass though.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/C-14_rifle

"In use by 2478, the C-14 fires hypersonic 8 mm armor-piercing metal "spikes" which can penetrate up to two inches of steel plating"

Given how long it takes to kill a ling with a C-14, I have a feeling a shotgun wouldn't cut it.

shotgun would be better in close distance with that technology level than rifle.
Stronger still is Kung-Fu. They could 1-inch punch them.

shotgun is better than 1 inch punch in close distance you idiot.
shotgun is not accurate than rifle.
do you know why? it shoots more bullets at once in close distance.
you can't use grenade nearby enemies. but you can use shotgun.
OP seems a bit butthurt from his hostile responses.

who says that?

do you know why? it shoots more bullets at once in close distance.

You answered your own question. Those bullets shot at once spread out which is why it's not effective at long range.

There's a reason that automatic rifles are standard issue and shotguns are not. You know why? Because rifles are good at long rangeand making the rifle automatic makes it more effective at medium range, and not completely useless at close range. It's a good compromise when compared to the shotgun that's pretty much only good at close range.

Army of a bunch of shotguns is gonna lose to an army with a bunch of automatic rifles unless both armies just happen to appear indoors in the same building. An army of shotgun wielding marines is going to lose to everything else even if it happens to be more effective against zerglings.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather be able to hit a zergling which needs to get up close to do damage from far away rather than having to wait for it to get close enough to use my shotgun. And it's a no brainer that you'd rather have a rifle against anything that has any range at all.
In real life I would take a rifle over a shotgun anyday. You can pick a target off easily over 200m away. Why do you think the military uses airplanes and snipers take the enemy out before they even see you. So clearly a shotgun is a retarded idea
Wtf, I don't even....
who says that?
rifle would be better if all enemies have weak skins without shield because you can kill anyone with a bullet.

Actually real shotgun not nothing like FPS games, A real shot is terrifying to handle and also terrifying at close range, 12 gauge at 20 meters is enough to make someone !@#$ in their pants for those who ever handle a shotgun b4.

Or maybe is just me becuz I live in "no guns" allowed city.

But anyway Bnet will never allow shotgun. Even if there is shotgun patch, ppl would just QQ for nerf till shotgun is useless
who says that?

Guess, I assumed you intended to use shot... if you are talking about slugs, then rifles are still better due to accuracy and fire rate.

Also, you are right, I don't really play FPS games, but I do hunt and shoot skeet and, with any shotgun I've ever used (10 ga was the largest) you couldn't even shoot through a relatively thin steel pipe, even with a full choke, at 20 or so paces (as close as I felt safe from ricochet), and are notoriously horrible against body armor at anything but the closest of ranges (sub-10 paces)...

Presumably, in the future depicted by Starcraft, they have advanced beyond shotguns anyway.
The technology to make the Halo 1 shotgun, or god forbid the dual wielded 1883's was lost in the Terran journey to the Koprulu sector. And good riddance.
Halo 1 shotgun
Who cares about the Shotgun, what about the Pistol?!
The Shotgunner unit will come in LotV. He's going to be a 3 range unit will a small AOE attack.

Terrible, TERRIBLE way to reference how a gun works. While they try to go for accuracy when making an FPS (ha), do not attempt to prove any point on how a gun operates by referencing a video game.
It's not a shooter, you can't switch guns so easily with that Marine suit and whatever it might hold :-P

Maybe a knife or pistol.
The Herc is the answer.
S&W M500's for all