Cant Decide.

Terran Discussion
Weather or not to buy the expansion even though I swore up and down that I was not going to, so... How is Terran doing and how badly are we half-assed? Are we doing good at all? Does ANYTHING feel different for TvT, TvZ, and TvP?

I need thy advice from my fellow buddy Jorge and thy King Techno and HeReTic who is King of kings!
So, after all the harrasment you gave prior to the launch, and all the qq'ing, you're now considering getting it?

It was last Friday you were crying a river over how lame the expansion is.

Wow. Death is a good name for you, apparently.
So, after all the harrasment you gave prior to the launch, and all the qq'ing, you're now considering getting it?

It was last Friday you were crying a river over how lame the expansion is.

Wow. Death is a good name for you, apparently.

Well if it still crappy I am not... And yes, Death is good name. People see their Death approach as my army comes storming across the battlefield.

Edit: I always planned on getting it. This was as long as it felt like an expansion. Catch my drift now? Or you gonna continue to troll me!
Terran is in a good enough spot that if you don't blow at this game you can still win.
You can not imagine how wide I am smiling right now ;)
03/12/2013 04:19 PMPosted by MtlGuitarist
Terran is in a good enough spot that if you don't blow at this game you can still win.

That's good to know. You know, when they had removed the Warhound I was 100% sure things were going to go downhill from this point on. I am really hoping TvP and TvZ changed a ton considering I had to be in the mood for TvT, it always felt long if you know what I mean.
Well if it still crappy I am not... And yes, Death is good name. People see their Death approach as my army comes storming across the battlefield.

Edit: I always planned on getting it. This was as long as it felt like an expansion. Catch my drift now? Or you gonna continue to troll me!

Just because person A doesn't think its crappy doesn't mean you won't make another qq post about it saying "this is horrible! can't believe i bought this pos!"

Re - edit: I'm not trolling, I just remember a few posts of yours you made vowing you wouldn't buy it, and now you're like "oh, well hey, i might just buy it." So, thought I'd comment on the hypocrisy. Given all the hate you gave people who did want to buy it.

Just because person A doesn't think its crappy doesn't mean you won't make another qq post about it saying "this is horrible! can't believe i bought this pos!"

Re - edit: I'm not trolling, I just remember a few posts of yours you made vowing you wouldn't buy it, and now you're like "oh, well hey, i might just buy it." So, thought I'd comment on the hypocrisy. Given all the hate you gave people who did want to buy it.

Yea, makes sense. And I don't hate/dislike for those who do want it. And yea, you're prob right I would create a thread of "WOW WTF DID I BUY THIS P.O.S FOR!!" Sounds about right.. That's why I am smarter than that and will wait for someone who has had legitimate experience at HotS.
That's why I am smarter than that and will wait for someone who has had legitimate experience at HotS.

You might be the most intelligent person in the world, but one person's opinion of a game doesn't mean its going to fit your views of it. Its all I'm saying. I'm sure it'll go f2p like WoL did, try it then, and if you like it, get it.
From my warped sense of humor:

"Sons of Korhal. I am JorgeCis."
"JorgeCis is five feet tall."
"Yes, I've heard. Kills zerglings by the hundreds, and if he were here, he'd consume the Protoss with hellbats from his factories, and bolts of EMP from his rax."
(laughter)
"I am JorgeCis and I see a whole army of my terran brethren, here in defiance of zerg tear-ranny. You've come to fight as terran, and terran you are. What will you do without bio? Will you fight?!"
"Fight against that deathball and broodlord/infestor, no, we will stim, and we will live."
"Aye, fight and you may die, stim and you'll live, for at least a while. And dying in your medivacs, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our zerg and toss enemies, that that they may take our warhounds, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Buy the game. And have fun. Enjoy the new toys, enjoy the new spells, enjoy the upgraded units. We'll struggle, just like we always did. But we will put the zerg and toss on notice. Don't screw with our bossbats. Don't come to our base without detection. Be weary of drop play, because it's back. Our thors can't be feedbacked. Our BCs can shoot two yamatos. Our raven seekers will be launched. And there will be tears. Lots of them.
From my warped sense of humor:

"Sons of Korhal. I am JorgeCis."
"JorgeCis is five feet tall."
"Yes, I've heard. Kills zerglings by the hundreds, and if he were here, he'd consume the Protoss with hellbats from his factories, and bolts of EMP from his rax."
(laughter)
"I am JorgeCis and I see a whole army of my terran brethren, here in defiance of zerg tear-ranny. You've come to fight as terran, and terran you are. What will you do without bio? Will you fight?!"
"Fight against that deathball and broodlord/infestor, no, we will stim, and we will live."
"Aye, fight and you may die, stim and you'll live, for at least a while. And dying in your medivacs, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our zerg and toss enemies, that that they may take our warhounds, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Buy the game. And have fun. Enjoy the new toys, enjoy the new spells, enjoy the upgraded units. We'll struggle, just like we always did. But we will put the zerg and toss on notice. Don't screw with our bossbats. Don't come to our base without detection. Be weary of drop play, because it's back. Our thors can't be feedbacked. Our BCs can shoot two yamatos. Our raven seekers will be launched. And there will be tears. Lots of them.

This made me L O L real hard... Everyones right though, I should playing it to have fun and enjoy my favorite lore of all time and I have liked it since the beginning of time itself.(Although I never played SC1 :/ go figure :[ )
Who knows, maybe we will get a good unit later if not, then maybe LotV will be better 4 fold!
Weather or not to buy the expansion even though I swore up and down that I was not going to, so... How is Terran doing and how badly are we half-assed? Are we doing good at all? Does ANYTHING feel different for TvT, TvZ, and TvP?

I need thy advice from my fellow buddy Jorge and thy King Techno and HeReTic who is King of kings!

I'm a little behind on the times. If you don't get HotS, do you not get to play with other HotS people online? I thought when SC II was originally announced (before WoL was released), they said that you only had to have the original to play with everyone else.

Or did that change that?

I'm a little behind on the times. If you don't get HotS, do you not get to play with other HotS people online? I thought when SC II was originally announced (before WoL was released), they said that you only had to have the original to play with everyone else.

Or did that change that?

Don't think so. If you want to play together than you both need expac as far as I know. I am probably wrong....
Terran is fine. I don't see why you wouldn't buy hots...
Campaign was totally worth every dollar I spent! They did a good job with this!

/thread

+1! I'm still working on the campaign and my jaw dropped at least twice!

The Terran nerfs are coming. The first unit to get nerfed is going to be the mine according to some teamliquid interview. So you may want to wait sometime before deciding to buy the expo.
03/16/2013 11:40 AMPosted by JorgeCis

+1! I'm still working on the campaign and my jaw dropped at least twice!

Jorge you should totally hit me up in game someday, I feel we can learn a ton from each other. More so me than you ^_^ I don't know a whole lot :p
I don't think HoTS changed the game significantly. Terran is still the hardest race to succeed with. But the situation is better than in WoL due to fungals not being instant, Medivacs being able to fly away after your bio gets destroyed, Thors not having energy, etc. The problem is, they balance the game around Korean micro and macro. So, they will nerf Terrans even if all the non-Korean Terrans aren't winning anything in tournaments while the Korean ones are dominating Code S as happened in WoL.

So, if you like ladder as Terran or Protoss and you want something fresh, I would get the addon. Zergs should be having a tougher time than in Lings of Liberty.

I bought it mainly for the campaign and an occasional ladder game though (different account).