I dislike how Blizzard redid the ladder

Terran Discussion
Maybe I am an anomaly, but I am really unhappy with the way the ladder has gone down since the introduction of "HOS". I was in platinum and I knew where I belonged as a occasional night and weekend warrior and I enjoyed playing with and against people of similar abilities. Now, I've been demoted to Silver and I feel like I play with people who suck and against good players.

Ok, my rant here is done...
Ive had the opposite problem. Placement matches put me in gold even tho I belong in bronze. 8 or so losses in a row and still not down from 91 gold.
I think it will be awhile before the ladders stabilize. The system is figuring out all of our MMRs.
You must of bombed the placement matches. This is a new game and new meta. There is no way bliz is going to allow any mmr carry over. If you're plat level you'll get there soon enough. No point crying about it.
I belong firmly in gold league and I keep coming across former diamond players and their ilk who are in gold league and completely decimate me just from mechanics and game sense, and more refined build orders.

Consequently I'm having a real hard time trying out different builds in hots and I feel like unranked play is kind of a waste of time. I don't even care about my mmr or my rank I just want to play against other golds to see what works.
I'm gold and it's been putting me up against Diamonds, kinda weird, I don't even consider my level of play to be that good.
well what happened was, I would play with "unranked" people, who never seemed to have a rank previously, and play against former masters and diamonds in my placement matches.

I guess its different, I love 4v4 and maybe that one is all over the place. I need to play some 1v1 again, but I just got bored of it.
I belong firmly in gold league and I keep coming across former diamond players and their ilk who are in gold league and completely decimate me just from mechanics and game sense, and more refined build orders.

Consequently I'm having a real hard time trying out different builds in hots and I feel like unranked play is kind of a waste of time. I don't even care about my mmr or my rank I just want to play against other golds to see what works.

this is true in wol i was top 8 diamond in hots i started off in silver, and just crushed my way to top plat, gimmie 2 days and i will be dia again :P
Maybe I am an anomaly, but I am really unhappy with the way the ladder has gone down since the introduction of "HOS". I was in platinum and I knew where I belonged as a occasional night and weekend warrior and I enjoyed playing with and against people of similar abilities. Now, I've been demoted to Silver and I feel like I play with people who suck and against good players.

If you're actually at a platinum level, it shouldn't matter HotS vs WoL. The ladder in wings liberty was broken down 20% in all leagues below diamond, 18% diamond, 2% masters, 200 gm. HotS only changed the breakdown of gold and below, so if you really were in the top 40% of players you will quickly be back in plat. I hadn't played in a long time (I used to be high diamond got promoted to masters for a bit season 3) and I started in silver in HotS too. I was back in plat after like... 15 games and I'm expecting diamond soon cuz my win% remains high. Just keep playing it'll promote you.
I'll quote Day[9] here:

A rating system is not a measure of skill. It is a measure of progress...

When I sat down at Starcraft 2 I had twelve years of Brood War RTS competitive nerd-ism in my body. I was gonna be better than the person who has never played Starcraft who just bought the game. However, I have 0 points and he has 0 points. I obviously have more skill than that person, because the rating system is not a measure of skill...

Sure, there's a correlation. It would be dumb if I won a lot and my rating plummeted. But I want you to remove the idea that it is your measure of skill. Because I hear this all the time: "I'm in the silver league, but I really am a gold league player." No, you're not; if you're in the silver league, you're just in the silver league. And you want to advance to the gold league, because that's a measure of progress, but you should not convince yourself that somehow you're being misrepresented. You just are where you are.

This would be the equivalent of saying, "I ran five miles today, but I really ran like someone who runs ten miles. I'm really someone who's into the ten-mile running zone, but I ran five." It doesn't mean anything... Don't worry about it! It's your measure of progress; it's how you're doing.
I secretly am in bronze.
I'll quote Day[9] here:

A rating system is not a measure of skill. It is a measure of progress...

When I sat down at Starcraft 2 I had twelve years of Brood War RTS competitive nerd-ism in my body. I was gonna be better than the person who has never played Starcraft who has just bought the game. However, I have 0 points and he has 0 points. I obviously have more skill than that person, because the rating system is not a measure of skill...

Sure, there's a correlation. It would be dumb if I won a lot and my rating plummeted. But I want you to remove the idea that it is your measure of skill. Because I hear this all the time: "I'm in the silver league, but I really am a gold league player." No, you're not; if you're in the silver league, you're just in the silver league. And you want to advance to the gold league, because that's a measure of progress, but you should not convince yourself that somehow you're being misrepresented. You just are where you are.

This would be the equivalent of saying, "I ran five miles today, but I really ran like someone who runs ten miles. I'm really someone who's into the ten-mile running zone, but I ran five." It doesn't mean anything... Don't worry about it! It's your measure of progress; it's how you're doing.

I love that quote. I remember when he gave that little speech. It was awesome.

They were diamond but there are so many things to consider. Did they get to diamond in the first season and stop playing? Was it 4 seasons ago in WOL that they were diamond? Did they get to diamond and then play 1 placement match per season and get their diamond rank even though there skills were not diamond anymore? Diamond in the first season of WOL would probably be gold in the latest season then you add that they haven't played that much. Then you add to the equation that they made gold a lot larger percentage than it was.

Ok... if you're getting tons of wins, your MMR is shooting through the roof right now, so calm down, and hit the "leave league" button.

This will make you take another placement match, and match you to where your current MMR is, which should be from Gold-Diamond.

HAVE FUN!
ok, so you are all correct and I was wrong. I made it back to platinum within a week and im pushing diamond!

sorry to be a pain.
I agree that the ladder is a bit unstable atm, its fine when i play players that are a league better then me when im about to be promoted but when i play silver 2v2 all i get is master/diamond/plat players that raped in sc2 that are in silver league now and i get a !@#$ty teammate where i gotta do all the work like im some "pro" at the game...