StarCraft's 15th Anniversary is Almost Here!

General Discussion
This is cool though what would have been even cooler is if Blizzard made a Arcade map that recreated Brood War multiplayer in the SC2 engine. Don't they already have models for every SC1 unit in the game now? Only one's I think are missing are the Reaver, and Dark Archon. Guess we might have to wait for LOTV for that. Hopefully it isn't the 20th anniversary by then lol.
This is cool though what would have been even cooler is if Blizzard made a Arcade map that recreated Brood War multiplayer in the SC2 engine. Don't they already have models for every SC1 unit in the game now? Only one's I think are missing are the Reaver, and Dark Archon. Guess we might have to wait for LOTV for that. Hopefully it isn't the 20th anniversary by then lol.

SC2BW, it's already there.
Finally getting all 3 original boxes

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg65/nizmojoe/scstuff_zps972930e1.jpg
My friend changed the date on his PC to April 1st and he got achievement already LMFAO!
he still missing the portraits ;P
Achievement popped for me too, I didn't change anything. Portaits unlocked in game, I'm using one now but it doesn't register on the forums.
03/29/2013 01:43 PMPosted by Aldrexus
(bonus points to anyone who can guess the inspiration behind the piece).
SC1 campaign menu screen where you select which campaign you want to play?
03/29/2013 10:07 PMPosted by Fencar
(bonus points to anyone who can guess the inspiration behind the piece).

Correct.

What a shame, we can´t see the new portraits in the forums.
How do you get the wallpaper?
I remember getting the game loaded and not reading a single thing on how to play. I jump online and dove right into my first mutiplayer game. One of the funniest games ever. It happened to be a map where there was a lot of ground, but our bases were split and you had to use air to get across. Both of us were Terran and had almost maxed out our armies before we realized that you couldn't attack each other on land and neither of us knew how to build an air unit lmao. He finally built some wraiths and killed enough of my units that I was able to make some dropships once I learned how to make a starport. I ended up winning that game.

My second game became some epic 3 hour game on a massive map and I made 100% goliaths, while he went all carriers. I about crapped myself seeing a carrier for the first time that game.
Memories, memories.

Why are there 3 SC1 boxes...?
15 years of awesomeness! 'Nuff said
My friend changed the date on his PC to April 1st and he got achievement already LMFAO!

Didnt need to. Bliz admits to starting the promotion 2 days early. Many got them on the 29th without the need to change the clock!

Achievement popped for me too, I didn't change anything. Portaits unlocked in game, I'm using one now but it doesn't register on the forums.

Give it time. The website portraits is always behind the game client's!
Is the art piece from the original starcraft campaign menu?

I'd say it's the victory screens since it has the blue flag behind the marine, the skull underneath the hydralisk, and that rounded metal piece behind the zealot which are elements from their victory screen backgrounds.

Edit: Can I get those bonus points in Blizz Bucks?

Because Blizzard decided it would be cool to have three alternate box art for the three races when the game first came out. After a while they defaulted to putting out the protoss one (surprised it wasn't the terran one since they seem to love them so much). They did the same thing for the Warcraft 3 box art with the four main characters of each race (Arthas, Kel'thuzad, Tyrande, and Grom Hellscream) and eventually only sold the Grom one (which makes sense because so many at Blizzard are biased for the horde).

Correct.

Wrong. It's the victory screens... Look them up.

Your friend is seriously misinformed (read: dumb) if he thinks your computer's time dictates to the game what time it is in the world.

03/29/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Dellron
bonus points to anyone who can guess the inspiration behind the piece

why its the campaign selection screen from sc1 :). what can i redeem my bonus points for.

Nope, it's not. Sorry, but you get no points. The points are all mine... >:D
Next year will be the 20th anniversary of Warcraft: Orcs and humans.

The very first 'Craft RTS game.
Regarding the inspiration for the background for bonus points- I don't think it's the characters that you should pay attention to. Something about the background seems familiar to me. I'm trying to think if it's an album cover of some band..
Regarding the inspiration for the background for bonus points- I don't think it's the characters that you should pay attention to. Something about the background seems familiar to me. I'm trying to think if it's an album cover of some band..

Dude... already figured it out... Google the Starcraft 1 victory screens if you don't believe me. Although the background does remind me of Metzen's old concepts. He liked to put those black circles behind the characters most of the time.
<Cool>

Haha, I remember I was so afraid when I saw the boxes in the store, thinking that you could only play the race on the box. Even then I chose Zerg. :)

Ask Blizzard?