Age of Empires 2 HD

Off Topic Dicussion
Who's excited for Age of Empires 2 HD edition? I loved that game I'm so glad its being enhanced. I enjoyed it much more than Starcraft, it has so much more depth. What do you guys think?
I disagree, AOE 2 was a fun game, but it is really dated. I reinstalled recently after many years and the nostalgia faded quite fast. Too many "this should have been like this" moments. It was my first EVER PC game so thats why Im fond of it, but the gameplay leaves much to be desired.
I bought it but only because i haven't played it since i was 4 and don't have the original.
I dont think its dated at all. I mean comparitively speaking, the gameplay mechanics of starcraft havent changed, they just added new units and couple things like xelnaga towers and stuff. Nothing of which is completely possible in the original starcraft. It is just more visually pleasing because of the updated graphics
not going to get into it, theres a lot to debate and im tired but I agree to disagree :)
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it's nice that it's being re-released in HD and getting some attention. On the other, they're charging money solely for the steam support, because everything else they offer and more is available for free with the forgotten empires expansion.

http://www.forgottenempires.net/
HD my !@#. 15 year old graphics slightly updated but not even close to modern HD.

You are still purchasing a 15 year old game.
Everything in starcraft 2 was still possible in the original starcraft disregarding the visuals, I felt like I was purchasing the same game from 1998 with a different unit selection. Granted its still fun and a great game, but saying I'm purchasing a 15 year old game and you play starcraft 2 is hypocritical.

I'm mainly excited for AoE2HD for the reworked multiplayer with matchmaking, crisper 2d visuals, and added steam support for convinience.
Everything in starcraft 2 was still possible in the original starcraft disregarding the visuals, I felt like I was purchasing the same game from 1998 with a different unit selection. Granted its still fun and a great game, but saying I'm purchasing a 15 year old game and you play starcraft 2 is hypocritical.

I'm mainly excited for AoE2HD for the reworked multiplayer with matchmaking, crisper 2d visuals, and added steam support for convinience.

So to rewrite an entirely new game from the ground up is the same as taking a 15 year old game and updating a few features.

When you grow and no longer need your parents to purchase everything for you, than maybe you will understand the immense differences.
I really thought I was going to get it but as people have said, its a great game for its time but its really dated even though I still play Diablo 2...
I want a WCII HD Edition

We all do.
I want a SC Pre-Alpha HD Edition:

http://sclegacy.com/features/scencyclopedia/evolution/earlyalpha6.jpg
http://home.planet.nl/~aggel005/alphabeta/earlyalpha/alpha3.jpg