Why an upgrade for hellbat transformation?

Terran Discussion
As you know the requirement to make Hellbats is an armory. But what is the point of upgrading the hellbat transformation?? To me this seems kind of useless as youll have to put down another factory along with a tech lab and then spend even more money to get the upgrade. Why not just allow helions to morph once you have an armory built or at the very least put the upgrade into the armory instead?? Was this or something similar tested in beta because to me this upgrade seems completely pointless?
Because if we could just mass Hellions while rapidly teching up to an armory and then just swap all existing hellions to hellbats we'd have an extremely powerful all-in type build against Zerg if they haven't gotten out a lot of roaches/spines yet.
The upgrade provides a delay-time to let the opponent (Zerg in particular) to react appropriately.
And what IF we could not make hellbat defacto at the factory. The only way to get them would be to get that upgrade AND transform Helios. This way we could have the warhound back ^^
I can understand that but why is the upgrade on a factory tech lab? IF you decide to get the upgrade to morph all of your existing helions that is another 150/100 for a factory, another 50/25 for a tech lab( unless you swap it with a barracks add on) and then another 150/150 for the upgrade. To me this upgrade is far to expensive(350/275 total) and unless your getting siege tanks then its far to out of the way for me to find any reason to get it, its just pointless to have it at all
And what IF we could not make hellbat defacto at the factory. The only way to get them would be to get that upgrade AND transform Helios. This way we could have the warhound back ^^

the warhounds are never coming back :(

I somewhat agree with the OP, but it was imba with massing up hellions then get a huge hellbatforce somewhat "early" in the game.

This would be cool
or even the Goliath
As you know the requirement to make Hellbats is an armory. But what is the point of upgrading the hellbat transformation?? To me this seems kind of useless as youll have to put down another factory along with a tech lab and then spend even more money to get the upgrade. Why not just allow helions to morph once you have an armory built or at the very least put the upgrade into the armory instead?? Was this or something similar tested in beta because to me this upgrade seems completely pointless?

This was tested in the beta. When the hellbat had the trash numbers (10 + 4 vs. light and could benefit from blue flame), they removed the transformation servos upgrade, so all you needed was an armory to transform hellions to hellbats and vice versa. Oddly enough, if you lose the armory, you lose the ability to transform.

When the bossbat buff came around (18 + 12 vs. light), building hellions then transforming them to hellbats turned out to be too early an all-in at the pro level in TvZ. So Blizzard put back the transformation servos upgrade as the last patch.

I don't research the upgrade, either. I either stick with hellions or hellbats, I rarely feel the need to be able to switch from one to the other.

This would really suck for bio. I've noticed a lot of pros adding hellbats to their MMM, maybe it'll catch on? I hope so. The warhound isn't coming back, though, if terrans get a new unit it won't be that one.
Ground to Air please. A siegable Goliath with range 22!