Observers selected by F2?

Protoss Discussion
Why? Is there an option so that observers AREN'T grouped with my army when I hit F2?
I'm the kind of guy who covers the map with multiple observers, so this is kind of an issue.
Not sure, I also find it to be a bit of a pain in the rear, but I never use F2 anyway. If you do use it, after you have selected your entire army you can scroll through the pages and find observers (usually the last page I believe) and Ctrl-Shift-Click one of them. That will deselect all of them. You should then hotkey everything to 1 or whatever you are comfortable with.

The way I avoid using F2 all together is as soon as I make units, I select them and hit Shift-1 which will add them to the 1 hotkey. Note that if you use Ctrl-1 it will overwrite what is in the 1 hotkey.
It would be nice to exclude observers from F2. I like to use F2 to "really the troops" so to speak and would rather it didn't move my spies out of position.
after you have selected your entire army you can scroll through the pages and find observers (usually the last page I believe) and Ctrl-Shift-Click on of them

This.

Or just have your army on a hotkey already so you don't need to use F2. Honestly, I only use the F2 when I'm trying to find an observer or warp prism I lost track of.

Or just have your army on a hotkey already so you don't need to use F2. Honestly, I only use the F2 when I'm trying to find an observer or warp prism I lost track of.

This this this!!

I can't quite imagine a scenario where a good protoss would want to use the F2 key to rally army unless you're going all-in, in which case who cares if you bring the observer along.

Using F2 to rally army (unless you're going all-in) can be harmful if you're using zealots to track expansion timings or patrol for drops, or if you have a warp prism hidden and ready to drop.

It's usually pretty easy for protoss to add army to your rally point anyways since after your warp-in, you can easily select all the units you warped in and shift+1. Robos and stargates sometimes present troubles, but those tend to build a lot slower than, say, marines and marauders, so that's not too much of a problem.
Yes its damn annoying, I removed hotkey for select all army. Personally I feel it improved my game without using F2
after you have selected your entire army you can scroll through the pages and find observers (usually the last page I believe) and Ctrl-Shift-Click on of them

This.

Yeah it's tricky... not sure if I'd rather observers stay in it or not. I sometimes use it to get an observer I've lost track of, but I sometimes use it to get all the army fighting together when the $%^& hits the fan and usually don't need all observers to come. When stuff hits the fan, it's normally too slow for me to click the last tab and then control-shift-click.
I believe that if you group all your observers (e.g. into group 8) then you can press F2 and then Shift+8 or Shift+Control+8 to deselect them from the army.

As others have said, F2 All-Ins have some negative side effects, but at least at my Wood-League-Level (with Micro-skills that would make a one-eyed, one-legged, one-armed man proud) it's super effective a lot of times, and if it isn't, the game was lost anyhow :)
I think using Select All Army Units hotkey is bad... tho it doesn't stop me from doing it :P
Did you know that, by holding the Ctrl key with the addition of a numerical key a player may "bind" so to speak, his army to said numerical key?

Knowledge is Power!!!!
Did you know that, by holding the Ctrl key with the addition of a numerical key a player may "bind" so to speak, his army to said numerical key?

Knowledge is Power!!!!

WOAH

GM HERE I COME :D
Simple fix - f2 doesn't call units set to patrol
The only thing I ever use F2 for is to find my observers lol
I've since unmapped F2, and now I miss it when I'm off-racing as zerg >_<
11/10/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Onslaught
Simple fix - f2 doesn't call units set to patrol

Perfect fix for F2. This would be hugely beneficial to ALL races. I'd love to see this implemented! It would allow you to keep guys on the watch tower ... I know select all idle workers won't select a worker on a watch tower. F2 should have similar benefits, but extend it to patrol because you have lings, overseers, observers, marines, reapers, and whatever out in the world scouting.
F2 + [ctrl + shift + click] on the observers in the field where all your units are shown (bottom middle of the UI).

or... dont use F2, i only use it when things get stressful, like when my army is scattered over 4 bases because i was defending harrassment and now i need my whole army to counterpush or defend.