Pankoprulu Academy: Second Class XXV

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
Drac:

Leech grins like a contented cat. "I don't think. I know." She holds it up to the light, and certain thoughts manifest, in words. Many thoughts pertain to the Zerg, or to common military events, but some are on Flint himself. "Who else would die with you on their mind?"

I look over the thoughts carefully as the display. "It is him.... Why would Shadow go and find his mind just for this...."
"I will try my best to keep her from finding out, and if she does, I will prevent her from irritating you. She may be Shadow's daughter, but we are equals on the battlefield." I answer Cynthia.
OOC: Hey Lekroger if you get the chance can you post the map in the tounament thread please
Drac:
Shadow himself materializes in the room, and Leech tries to dive behind her couch, only to be suspended in midair. "Maybe because I wasn't specifically looking. I don't care for your purpose, Leech, theft is a highly punishable offense. You remember the penalty, correct?" Leech nods. "Good." Shadow vanishes, taking the ring with him, and Leech falls.

I help Leech up from the ground. "I appreciate your wanting to bring Dan somewhat back to me. In truth it is probably best that we didn't."

Drac:
Leech sighs. "In combination with those SCAR units he's been working on, that ring could bring your brother back. Yes, the male bodies had anger issues, but maybe a real human mind could fix that problem. I don't care who administers their 'dark mutation aspect' on me, as long as I pay you back." Someone stirs on the couch. Leech hushes up. "My roommate. Be very quiet."

Leech how many times do I have to tell you that you don't have to pay me back. I don't want you risking your safety or health concerning yourself with that. I've made peace with my brother dieing as best I can and moved on.
I remain still and lessen my breathing to make myself even quieter.

Drac:
Leech shakes her head. "I repay my debts." The whisper itself carries ominous weight. The guy it wakes up carries literal weight. "Leech, I swear if you woke me up again because you can't seem to keep it together, I'll have Nat remove your vocal chords." A rather massive man stands erect on the opposite side of the couch, and Leech ducks down. On his back, the word 'Grizzly' stands out in Old English lettering.

I look at Leech curiously then look at the man. You never mentioned your roommate at all before let alone that he was a he.
Sliding to a stop out side the upper entrance to the ecosystem, I step off the board and head for Windseeker, ready to clean off all the sweat and grime from blowing off steam.
IC:
[Alicia]
Laying down on the bed, I wait for Terance to show up.
War, you really need a DA.

IC: Reaching the ramp, I find a pair of .45 caliber revolvers, loaded with spare rounds and holsters to boot, with a note on them that read:

My son and I thought you could use a little help with your ranged weakness. While they don't have great range against rifles, you now stand a fair chance against those with firearms. However, whether or not you use them is your choice.

Frowning at the note and the pistols, I pick them up and lower the ramp, reviewing the note again as I walk up it and then close and seal it. I'm still frowning and reading when I walk into the bedroom.
OOC:
/shrug
yes and no. While it would be useful, I already spend enough time on this as is.

IC:
[Alicia]
I arch an eyebrow, noting what Terance has;
"Where'd you get those?"
I ask, getting up and heading over to him.
I set them on a table and continue reading over the note again, my frown becoming more a confused look than anything else. "They were waiting for me at the bottom of the ramp..." Setting the note down, I start taking off my armor, heading for the armor closet. "Is there something I missed during mine and Serenity's match?"
IC:
[Alicia]
I shake my head, looking the guns and note over;
"I have no idea... either I missed them on my way in, or somebody dropped them off after I arrived..."
"I know who they're from. Only one person here has immediate access to something like that, and that's Zack. Read the note. He mentions a son. It's why I ask if I missed something while in the sim." Finishing hanging up my armor, I turn and stretch before heading for the shower, taking off the top part of my jumpsuit as I walk.
IC:
[Alicia]
Slipping out of my kimono and jumpsuit, I follow Terance into the shower;
"Yeah, as a matter of fact you did... A large well organized merc group showed up with Zack and Cynthia... The fellow in charge seemed young, but he head that same sort of.. feel that Zack has. Could have very well been his son..."

OOC:
G'night.
"Not...straight forward, no. Zack gives off different feels to everyone he meets, though mostly it's intimidation. Not intentional mind you, but having worked as a Ghost for so long left him with that presence." Taking off the other part of my jumpsuit, I turn on the water and grab a CD from a shelf, putting it in. If one were to read the case, it would read Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight. As the first song starts, I get in.
Drac:
She shrugs. I didn't have enough money to pay for the room, and he was ranked too low to get one he wanted. His name is Rabe, and he only has four actions in his arsenal: eat, sleep, threaten, and obliterate. Do NOT anger him. I keep my distance, and I get a nice apartment.

Right I'll keep that in mind. If you would like I can take us to a different less dangerous location. I remain quite not even breathing at all now but instead absorbing the necessary air through my skin.

Drac:
He turns and notices Flint. "Who're you? Some kinda inspector? He scratches his chin. "Crap, wazzat today?" He mumbles to himself, walking over to the only dresser in the room, pulling out a shirt, and pulling it over his head- only for it to comedically rip. It was apparently Leech's shirt. "Damn. Oh, well." He tosses the garment into the trash can, a perfect shot from across the room. "Y'are an inspector, right? A charity man? A boyfriend of- wait, who'm I kiddin', Leech ain't gettin' no boyfriend." Leech looks downcast at that last comment- apparently she had been trying to date.

"I am not an inspector or a charity man. My name is Johnathan Flint and I am a friend of Leech's" I resume my normal breathing though still silently. I look over at Leech noting her downcast look. You will find someone. I did and look at me. I'm a hybrid of Terran Zerg and Protoss.

Drac:
Leech smiles. You also happen to be a shapeshifter who defaults to a relatively good-looking mostly human body. Rabe clicks his tongue. "Well get out, then. I need another- his eyes dart to the wall clock, which was as far from Leech's style as one could possibly get- hour of sleep. I don't think she's here, and if she is, she'd know better'n to wake ne up." Leech has a pleading expression, and has her fingers crossed. It's rather easy to pick up on what she's thinking. Pleasedon'tseemepleasepleasepleaseI'mbeggingletmenotbenoticed

"I was just leaving." I turn and and focus a bit of energy into cloaking Leech as I walk out.

I wouldn't think my default form would be good looking. Most people are weirded out by the protoss tendrils.

Drac:
That's why I added, "mostly".
Rabe chucks a cantaloupe at Flint. "Help me out an' compost that. 'S rotten." It hits Flint in the shoulder with the force of a locomotive.

The melon hits staggering me slightly. I leave the cantaloupe where it landed paying it no heed. "Sorry that isn't my priority. I've much other pressing matters." I walk out the door and focus a bit more energy around Leech making her blink out of the room appearing next to me.
"Point taken, Not sure I understand the attraction to myself but I guess everyone has their own views."
"I will try my best to keep her from finding out, and if she does, I will prevent her from irritating you. She may be Shadow's daughter, but we are equals on the battlefield." I answer Cynthia.
"And you know you can't promise... but at least you can try... right? And yeah. Just because she's Shadow's daughter doesn't mean anything. If needed I'll beat some sense into her." My voice as cold as a winter day with a breath just as bitter. "I also discovered that I have cryokinetic potential." I began to walk out of the simulation room before it became crowded, with Korzis at my heel. "And through the Void... perhaps something... clairvoyance related. I have to be in a coma though."
"Not...straight forward, no. Zack gives off different feels to everyone he meets, though mostly it's intimidation. Not intentional mind you, but having worked as a Ghost for so long left him with that presence." Taking off the other part of my jumpsuit, I turn on the water and grab a CD from a shelf, putting it in. If one were to read the case, it would read Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight. As the first song starts, I get in.

IC:
[Alicia]
"Wait, sorry, I'm talking about his psychic presence. Both his, Flint's and now Cynthia's have some definite similarities, something that I think has to do with being a hybrid... All I'm saying is that the kid in charge had that similar feel, that's all."
I say, scrubbing down.
Drac:
Leech sighs. "Well, that didn't work out. Thanks for seeing me, and the meal, and helping with Rabe. I've got to get back to my job soon. Bye!" She punctuates the meeting with a hug and dashes off.

I smile slightly to myself as Leech dashes off. I quickly blink into my room to see if there was anything I needed before leaving KLR9. I note that Dani had already moved a few of her things into the room and placed them where she wanted them. I step into my bedroom grabbing a change of cloths and place my revolver on the night stand. I glance at a photo on my dresser. It was a picture of me and my brother the day before we left Earth, he was posed making a face at the camera holding his rifle and I was posed at attention next to him. We were both standing in front of the Goliath walker that I still used to this day though it doesn't look anything like it did when I first got it. I smile to myself before stepping out of the bedroom into the main living area. I write a quick note for Dani before heading out of the room and blinking back to the Academy.

The note read.
I hope you enjoy the new living space.
Let me know when you plan on coming out to the
Academy and I will make the appropriate preparations.
I frown slightly, though I'm still mostly confused. "Odd....I don't remember Zack having a kid...maybe he just never told me, not that I pried too much. Guys like him aren't the kind to pester if you know what I mean." I grab the body wash and put it in a scrubby, scrubbing my arms and legs. "I'll ask him about it when I see him again. As for the revolvers, what do you think I should do with them?"
[Tari]
I enter my dorm and place my weapons against the wall. With a small sigh I sit on the bed with my back to the wall as I wait for Sam. I couldn't help but think about my chat with Alicia. Now that I think about it she seemed tense about something but I don't know why and she is probably busy with something so I'll ask her later. I summon a psi-blast and try manipulating its shape.
IC: I couldn't f!cking sleep. The entire time Serenity was napping i was closing my eyes trying to frickin sleep! But it just didn't come to me! Everything felt sore, and the problems just piled up. I guess i should've taken the doctor's advice after all...