Just looking for some friends.

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
I might be interested. I stopped rping cause of circumstances that I'm not gonna go into. What type of rp are we talking?
Almost everything here is all text-based. I like to call it Interactive Group Story Telling. Go read through some, if that might help.

List of RP's incoming...
Darkest Heart:
A monster hunter RP, set in an alternate SC universe.

PanKoprulu Academy Second Class:
An Academy RP roughly set in the SC universe (lots of custom lore)

The Rising Tide:
A in-depth fantasy RP set in a custom universe.
That is what yahoo used too be like so I'm familiar with it. I used too teach T-1 and T-2. I'm asking more like what era the rps are usually in and such so I get a general feel.
I'll look into some of them and see if any catch my interest. I don't want too start up in the middle of one already started that is already well far into it. But it has been a while since I've had a good rp. I kinda miss it.
No problem. I wouldn't recommend PKA simply because there's a lot of custom lore involved, it's very fast moving and already has a lot of people.

Also, please don't double post; It annoys the hell out of people and takes up extra space. If you have something to add, just edit it in.

Insurrection and Flight of the Eagle are in the PRP stage, so joining either would be helpful to getting them off the ground.
I don't like double posting. It just makes me angry. I only ever did that if it didn't show my post going through which as happened on my old sites before. I'll look into them ^.^.
That's fine. If you don't mind me asking, what's T-1 and T-2?
Oh, one note on The Rising Tide. Posts are very, very long compared to most other RPs, and it is very slow moving, generally only having around five posts per week (then again, five posts there is equal to something like 30 in other RPs).

And PanKoprulu Academy is the polar opposite in speed, often filling a thread in one or two days. Nice thing about PKA though is that it's very open and you can do just about anything in it.
That is what yahoo used too be like so I'm familiar with it. I used too teach T-1 and T-2. I'm asking more like what era the rps are usually in and such so I get a general feel.

80% of them are Starcraft based. Unfortunately, that number is sliding down.
04/08/2013 03:59 PMPosted by ThaneKrios

80% of them are Starcraft based. Unfortunately, that number is sliding down.
Not really. Only two active RPs are non-Starcraft based.
Lol I meant yahoo about ten or so years ago. Back when rp first started too surface online. Back before yahoo had chatrooms instead had something like user rooms. T-1 and T-2 are paragraph based fighting styles that was like writing a small novel with more than one person. T-1 was the most commonly used for battles among other rpers and has strict rules behind it too insure that no one god modes. Though as I understand it things have changed much over the years and most rp isn't the same. I remember writing 5 paragraph post lol

Don't quote me on the timeline. It has been a while and my memory isn't that great at times.
At the moment at least. Until people get caught up with the HotS campaign, we're kinda stuck to the same-old, same-old. Besides, branching out is good.

I'm going to assume you know the whole IC, OOC thing... Also, I have no idea how much this is used elsewhere so that's why I'm saying this... "" for talking, {} for comm/radio, {{}} is the same, but a secure channel, italics for thoughts or psychic comunication. Also, some people use bold, underlined and italics to represent different characters.
Yep I'm familiar. It is used on Gaia at one time and on IMVU.
Lol I meant yahoo about ten or so years ago. Back when rp first started too surface online. Back before yahoo had chatrooms instead had something like user rooms. T-1 and T-2 are paragraph based fighting styles that was like writing a small novel with more than one person. T-1 was the most commonly used for battles among other rpers and has strict rules behind it too insure that no one god modes. Though as I understand it things have changed much over the years and most rp isn't the same. I remember writing 5 paragraph post lol

Don't quote me on the timeline. It has been a while and my memory isn't that great at times.
We mostly rely on the DMs to prevent god-modding, and it seems to work pretty well most of the time. Though PKA stretches that a bit; at one point there was a character who essentially had a permanent personal FTL drive attached to them (as I recall, it was around 7000 in game speed). Still, it's rare that something like that happens.
Cool, just checking. I kinda figured this was a universal thing, but it never hurts to make sure.

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but you might want to change you portrait at some point. Zarkun's already using that one, and having multiple people with the same pic can get really confusing.
Oh, one note on The Rising Tide. Posts are very, very long compared to most other RPs, and it is very slow moving, generally only having around five posts per week (then again, five posts there is equal to something like 30 in other RPs).

And PanKoprulu Academy is the polar opposite in speed, often filling a thread in one or two days. Nice thing about PKA though is that it's very open and you can do just about anything in it.

TRT is slow because this month's school workload is ridiculous...

We mostly rely on the DMs to prevent god-modding, and it seems to work pretty well most of the time. Though PKA stretches that a bit; at one point there was a character who essentially had a permanent personal FTL drive attached to them (as I recall, it was around 7000 in game speed). Still, it's rare that something like that happens.

That can either be very hilarious or very bad. I'm talking about the personal FTL drive. And yes IC and OOC is actually used everywhere that rp is done. Though the problem with yahoo was that some people found it hard too tell the difference between rp and reality and bad things happen when people lose sight of that. lol
04/08/2013 04:15 PMPosted by SilverWolf
Though the problem with yahoo was that some people found it hard too tell the difference between rp and reality and bad things happen when people lose sight of that.

*winces*
Ow, that could go downhill really fast... esp with some of the stuff that can happen in RPs...
04/08/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Warhawk
Though the problem with yahoo was that some people found it hard too tell the difference between rp and reality and bad things happen when people lose sight of that.

*winces*
Ow, that could go downhill really fast... esp with some of the stuff that can happen in RPs...

I quit cause that happen and it cost me a friend. It is quite horrible what happens when people lose themselves too something. Reality sucks though at times and I understand the reasoning considering being dumped on my birthday and having too work with my ex at the same time. I wish it was so easy too lose one self.
Agreed. A hobby is one thing, but an addiction is something else entirely.

Also, the PRP bar is the general discussion place around here so that people don't fill up threads with off topic conversations... and other random crap.

People occasionally start up text-adventures and stories. They're rare.