Need help/advice dealing with Mutas..

Terran Discussion
Senario : I'm playing a normal TvZ game. I have Marines WMs and some Medivacs.
Then I see a flock of Mutas backdoor my main.

Option 1 : Stim marines for a fast defense but risk them being killed off when they arrive(they will be damaged)

Option 2 : Do NOT stim marines and lose many scvs and possibly some supply depots.

Option 3 : Turrets... Seems like they die too easily. The more mutas they get. The weaker my turrets are. (You get my point)

Option 4 : Turrets + WMs.. This is probably the best option but If your playing a smart zerg then they will send one mutt ahead to detonate any WMs (making this option useless)

Option 5 : Thor. Magic box....

Please don't say "Scout..." Even when I do, it seems like I can't defend against them(Their recent speed buff doesnt help matters)

Please help with any other tips or suggestions any of you may have. Thanks!
1. Leave WMs/Turrets/Thor in your base. It may make him pull out completely, and if not, provide you the time to move Marines over there.

2. Die. Mutas are the most BS unit in gaming history. Always have been, still are, always will be.
Just place between 3-4 WM's in a cluster along the edge of the most abused attack path. Keep 1 thor in each min line if you're still massing for your luldead push.

4 WM's of equal upgrade kill mutas, no question. 1-2 hits take them to low yellow/high orange.

Either way, if he accidentally micro's them into a clump as he flees (happens very often) the thor's 1 volley will usually be enough to kill everything it hits after the WMs connect.
Option 4 is the best. As a zerg player gas is really our limiting factor against terran. Trading 25 gas for at least 100 is in your favor. And if you do what anubis said you can sometimes kill clumps which is very discouraging to a zerg player.
Senario : I'm playing a normal TvZ game. I have Marines WMs and some Medivacs.
Then I see a flock of Mutas backdoor my main.

Option 1 : Stim marines for a fast defense but risk them being killed off when they arrive(they will be damaged)

Option 2 : Do NOT stim marines and lose many scvs and possibly some supply depots.

Option 3 : Turrets... Seems like they die too easily. The more mutas they get. The weaker my turrets are. (You get my point)

Option 4 : Turrets + WMs.. This is probably the best option but If your playing a smart zerg then they will send one mutt ahead to detonate any WMs (making this option useless)

Option 5 : Thor. Magic box....

Please don't say "Scout..." Even when I do, it seems like I can't defend against them(Their recent speed buff doesnt help matters)

Please help with any other tips or suggestions any of you may have. Thanks!

Here is a recent replay of a game I had using Bio-Mine against Muta-Ling. It was an okay game, he overly committed to mutas and didn't have any gas left for tech or banes. And ended up being an easy win. Also one thing I've been doing is keeping my first couple sets of mines around 1 turret at each base. Most zerg I've played are greedy, and they will jump at the opportunity early game to take out a lone turret. For some reason zergs aren't scared of mines enough not to go muta ling, which is fine by me. Though I feel this is still a strong build against any composition they have.

http://drop.sc/324578
Im not sure if I would recommend this, but what I do in high masters is just go attack when the mutas show up. Im on three base, so the mutas can really only kill 1/4 of my economy. My attack should be able to do a lot of damage with the new speedvacs. From then on the mutas cant harrass because I am always in the zergs face with drops and attacks down the front. Essentially I just ignore any muta threats and invest all of my money into making sure the zerg cant harrass.