Apocolypse vs Crank mlg qualifier

Terran Discussion
If there was ever a point to talk about TvP and the imbaness that is toss was this match up.

My man apoc had taken down the natural on the toss base. Had 40 supply lead and his army was shredded and pushed all the way back into his base where he was stuck to wait the doom of the deathball.

He outplayed this guy but there was no hope even when playing really really good.

I hate to call imba but the hell did I just watch :(
replay
Finnicky thing about TvP is that even if you do economic damage later on, it doesn't matter. You need to have the proper army and you need to micro crazy well to win.
Also, it might be worth noting that since it seems Apocalypse was doing economic damage, he may very well have killed lots of probes. If that's the case, he could have had a lot of his supply lead in workers alone.

I'd love to see a replay since I missed the game.
I didn't know that a low-mid tier foreigner throwing away a lead to a code a level korean could be attributed to balance. Ok then.
Well the 2nd game he came back with mass macro engagment!

The 3rd however he was out upgraded pulled scvs all in.

Came back sniped out bases and over committed. Really wished he would have pulled that off I like watching him play his streams are awesome.

replay

If you catch the replay on twitch im sure they will play this over and over and over again!

Mabye www.mlg.tv I believe it will be youtubed as well.

Crank vs Apocolypse
The key was not the economy, because if it was, Apocalypse had that game easy.

In that first game, Crank had 3-3 WAY before Apocalypse. When the Protoss beats you to 3-3 and you throw away Vikings and Medivacs like Apocalypse did, you have no hope of crushing the deathball, because he'll make Archons and Zealots to buffer the Colossi (like he did), and then there's no way to replenish the Medivac and Viking count fast enough to ever make yourself truly cost-effective again. He did get up to 10 Medivacs, but with only 3 Vikings, basic bio is not going to take down a 3-3 Protoss army with 3+ Colossi.

Give Crank credit where it is due: he knew that his edge was in fast superior upgrades, and he struck as soon as he realized that Apocalypse didn't have the right tech to push back his force, as well as knowing that he'd bled him out so much with all the harass that he lost (in particular, letting Crank take out his whole army just to get the Templar Archives and the natural Nexus was a huge mistake).
http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/100459-wr6-crank-vs-apocalypse-game-1

http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/100460-wr6-crank-vs-apocalypse-game-2

http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/100461-wr6-crank-vs-apocalypse-game-3

I hear ya jazzman and that is good insight!
protoss has the edge in tvp these days, and terran has an edge over zerg
its just the flaw of the design and they dont want to look bad by changing it too frequently

leave it as is, someone will figure out an imba terran strat vs protoss in 2025
I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, but after watching this, I'm going to join the "photon overcharge OP" group. That thing needs to be toned down a little.
I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, but after watching this, I'm going to join the "photon overcharge OP" group. That thing needs to be toned down a little.

Before you do that, go check out some of MKP's games from the Winter Exhibition (on YouTube, just search them), where he walks up at a normal time to the Protoss natural, laughs at the Photon Overcharge, and then in the immortal words of Day9 "just goes and !@#$ing kills him".
04/21/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Jazzman

Before you do that, go check out some of MKP's games from the Winter Exhibition (on YouTube, just search them), where he walks up at a normal time to the Protoss natural, laughs at the Photon Overcharge, and then in the immortal words of Day9 "just goes and !@#$ing kills him".

Yeah, I'm only a plat league player but photon overcharge is totally fine and not hard to deal with IMO. I actually prefer them to use energy on that rather tha. Time warp. Time warp plus ranged collosi or storm is pretty brutal
04/21/2013 10:10 AMPosted by RaiDerRyaN

Yeah, I'm only a plat league player but photon overcharge is totally fine and not hard to deal with IMO. I actually prefer them to use energy on that rather tha. Time warp. Time warp plus ranged collosi or storm is pretty brutal

early game its ridiculous
lets protoss do things like, attack with dt drop, while getting collosus and upgrades
If there was ever a point to talk about TvP and the imbaness that is toss was this match up.

My man apoc had taken down the natural on the toss base.

You neglect to mention that Crank also had his 3rd..

Also, Apoc also opened weird, with gas before rax, then reactor before marines, 2 reapers, and then finishing stim at 8 mins. Then he waits till 9 mins to push with 15 marines, and gets FF'd + Photon Overcharged.

And in the last engagement, he EMPd all of the archons... But never focused them down.