Buying/Building 1st Gaming PC $1,000 budget

Off Topic Dicussion
Whats up guys like title says buying my 1st gaming PC. I don't know jack about PCs parts etc...
I'm going to buy off CYBERPOWERPC.com been doing some homework and cyber is a popular site.

Now to the good stuff I just want to able to play Medium - High graphics, play 4v4 with out any lagg and a quite fan and don't over heat.

I've been reading to to get Intel Core i5 over AMD and nVidia over AMD video card.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have my eye on
GAMER XTREME 1000
Price $725

Case: In-Win GRone Full Tower Gaming Case w/ Integrated Fan Controller, Front USB 3.0, & EZ-Swap HD Dock (Mega Gaming Sale: Free In-Win Rocket Mat Mouse Pad) (White Color)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3470 3.20 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155
Performance Tuning

Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel: None

Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking

Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant

Motherboard: * [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-Z77-HD3 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Ultra Durable 4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 2x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI
(Extreme OC Certified)

Intel Smart Response Technology for Z77: None

Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Freebies: None

Video Card 2: None

Freebies: None

Video Card 3: None

Power Supply Upgrade: 350 Watts - Antec Basiq BP350 Power Supply

Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

Data Hard Drive: None

So what do you guys think of this setup? is their anything I should add or change? As i said earlier I just want to be able to play with out any lagg and medium to high graphics and don't over heat.

Thanks !
For Starcraft, yes get an Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU.

I would upgrade the CPU to an i5-3570k for an extra $40, this will allow you to overclock to at least 4.0ghz.

For the video card, get at least the GTX 650 1gb for an extra $54 (good enough for SC2) or a GTX 660 2gb for an extra $131 (get this if you also play FPS or any more graphic intense games).

Then you'll need to upgrade the power supply to at least 450watts, the Corsair CX500 for an extra $24 would be fine.

Another thing I would do is add a SSD (like the Samsung 840 120gb), then keep the default hard drive as a secondary storage drive. This doesn't help actual game performace (fps) but will make your OS and apps load faster.

After these "upgrades" it's showing ~$1026

If you want to save more money, you should build your own and you'll probably save a couple hundred dollars with the same parts. Try out http://pcpartpicker.com/
Sorry scratch that GTX 650 1gb suggestion, after a little more research you're better off buying the AMD 7770 for that price point.

But with a $1000 budget you should go for the GTX 660, that will match nicely with an i5.
I am currently using a FX-6300 and a Nvidia GTX 660Ti+ . I find the cpu is great for sc2 as well as gpu .

AMD is just as good on this game as Intel as i found so far (coming from a i7).

My old intel mobo burned out and i decided to switch for price point reasons.