I Think Blizzard Hates Us

Protoss Discussion
You're basically forced to 1- or 2-base all-in on about half or more of the map pool. If those are the kinds of games Blizzard wants then I guess that's what we have to do.
I am not quite understanding the map pool hate. I have vetoed:

Zerus Prime TE
Neo Planet S
Klontas Mire

Which leaves me with:

Akilon Wastes
Bel'Shir Vestige
Derelict Watcher
Star Station
Whirlwind

If you're playing a standard macro game I don't see a problem taking a third base in PvT on any of these maps, only Akilon Wastes would be a little tricky with all of the dead air space. Can someone explain why they have so much trouble taking a third? The only kind of third base timing I could see being exceptionally hard is if you're doing a 1 gate third base PvZ at 7:15, which is situational anyway.
I only have Klontas Mire veto, hate that map. I rather like plant s, Than again i do really well on it. I struggle on whirlwind maybe it's the third I'm taking, I will have to try and go in a line some time and not take the base that's right above or below the second. maybe im trying to cover to much area with my army. Star station I feel is mmm ok i feel vs zerg i have to two base all in because it's just a hugh area for a third, vs terran i feel safe takening it because i can defend the main. And I like zerus Prime so far.

Outside of Klontas the only map i struggle on is whirlwind based on the map is kind of how i do my build, I'll have to try taking a different third on whirlwind maybe that will help me.
Winge Winge winge.... There are plently of good maps that can work in the gaytoss favour. Please!

Just because you can connon block while you turtle your air uints... What other players making you micro to hard ? or is your A move not working anymore?
I haven't had a problem on any maps lol, If your building placement is good any base is easy to take.
You are brotoss playing tosscraft. Blizzard far from hates you.
05/07/2013 09:58 AMPosted by Hydralinsk
You are brotoss playing tosscraft. Blizzard far from hates you.

Translation: I'm a whiny Zerg player who's mad because I can't roflstomp Protoss with Winfestor/GGLord anymore.

My heart is breaking for you.
Translation: I'm a whiny Zerg player who's mad because I can't roflstomp Protoss with Winfestor/GGLord anymore.

My heart is breaking for you.

Actually I am a zerg player who plays random lots who never used infestors when they were OP. Don't you think if I abused winfestors i'd be higher than plat? Kinda like you abuse your ez mode race to make diamond?

Never played any games as another race? Yeah come talk to me when you've tried all three out buddy.
Season 3 Map Pool. That is all.

PS: Seriously, I can't even remember the last time they added a map that favored Protoss. The most recent is probably Ohana, and the Zergs (and even some Terrans) shed rivers of crocodile tears until it was removed from the map pool. Is it so much to ask that at least a few maps in the pool aren't a total nightmare to take a third with Protoss? As it is, we've only got Akilon, and even Akilon has an ungodly wide ramp at the natural.

translation: I'm a whiny protoss player who blames maps because I can't A move as efficiently anymore and crush opponents with my insta warps, invisible scouts, strongest units, super fast regenerating shields.

See, I can do it too bro.

And speaking of crocodile tears, as I recall protoss tears contributed to infestors being nerfed into oblivion. Hey, you know that move Force Field which can insta split an army in half, or keep a race from getting their reinforcements to the battle because you FF the ramp off? You know that stupid as hell bs move that shouldn't be in ANY rts game ever? "Oh I forgot to make units, shoot. No worries, I'll insta warp 2 sentries and FF my ramp so I have a chance to win."

You know that move that HAS NEVER BEEN NERFED?!?! Yeah cry me a river toss boss. lol
Easy unharassable thirds create boring to watch and boring to play games that become turtlefests.

HoTS is trying to fix that, or atleast mix it up if you didn't notice.