2 base question how many probes

Protoss Discussion
So basically if ur only in 2 baseing or 2 base alling should you keep making probes or stop because it feels like I have no money for units. srry if you can't understand me
If you are going all-in why would you want to keep making probes? I don't think this really requires an explanation.
If you are going all-in why would you want to keep making probes? I don't think this really requires an explanation.

Because if ur all in fails so what's a good amount of probes for 2 base All in?
05/09/2013 02:44 PMPosted by Mrjellop
Because if ur all in fails

I'm not sure if you know what an all-in means.

what's a good amount of probes for 2 base All in?

Enough to saturate two bases.
Always 16 probes on minerals for each base, than it comes down to how many gas you want/need. And it depends on what yoru going for. If your going pure gateway, stalker/zealot. Than just 2 gas at your main. If your going robo stalker zealot, 3 gas. There are many things.. Even getting all 4 gas if your doing voidray immortal stalker all-in with senteries.
So 32 probes on minerals
3-12 probes on gas.
Because if ur all in fails

I'm not sure if you know what an all-in means.

what's a good amount of probes for 2 base All in?

Enough to saturate two bases.

All in is when you commite everything to win that's what liquidpedia says and that what I was kinda thinking to
Basically you stop making probe at 16 on minerals and 3 on each gas for an allin. Otherwise just don't stop until you have 3 base saturation unless you have a very good reason for stopping.

Allin is when you have no backup plan and basically HAVE to win the game with the attack, because if it fails you have nothing to fall back on.
All in is when you commite everything to win that's what liquidpedia says and that what I was kinda thinking to

Then why are you talking about not having enough probes if it fails?
05/09/2013 05:18 PMPosted by TechNo

Then why are you talking about not having enough probes if it fails?

Because if it fails u take a third and ur 3rd might not be saturated fast

Btw what is ur unit supply by 15 min mark?

Btw what is ur unit supply by 15 min mark?

If your all-in fails, and you don't lose, it wasn't "all-in". That's what all-in means: gambling the game on your attack (not just bringing your whole army for an attack).

If it fails you lose. If you don't kill him right there or cripple him you lose. Assuming he is allocating resources to upgrades and the late game, you put all your resources into units, and try to attack him when he is weakest. Like what part of this do you not understand? I don't know how many times people can explain what all-in means to you. I know english isn't your best language, so maybe you should try using a dictionary, because I don't think it can be explained any simpler.
All-in: 44 Probes
Long-term 2Base: 54+ Probes.
Think about playing poker. You have a certain amount of chips you throw all of it on the table and say all in. If you do not win or tie you lose everything there are no more chips to bet. The same is true in SC If you dedicate everything to one attack you must either win the attack or tie (deal enough damage to opponent that he can't outright kill you) or else you are finished. Expanding won't help. Dark templar might though in this case (When behind dark shrine)

normal saturation would be 32-48 workers on minerals for 2 base
Ok thank you
How can you defeat 20 mutas? Do you keep making phenix or what?
All-in: 44 Probes
Long-term 2Base: 54+ Probes.

a lot of players who do a 2 base all in will only put 16 probes on their minerals. however if your opponent continues scv/probe/drone production and defends your all in, then you are up !@#$s creek because boom they can saturate a 3rd and 4th very quickly.

but the all in is nearly impossible to defend.