So what is your opinion on balance

Terran Discussion
05/21/2013 12:37 PMPosted by SpinalZeD
I always feel like Terrans have the longer end of the stick... And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here. If they go Mech or Bio, I have to adjust and I NEVER feel that my composition is superior, even if I adjust perfectly. That's the main thing that piss me off against Terrans. Whatever comp they choose to decide to play against you, if you don't have the right counter they crush you. But if you have the correct one it become a pretty fair(just fair) game until they have 3 bases, then I need to have at least 4 bases and generally I keep defending until my macro can't follow the drops, mines, infinite marine chains, etc.

Because you can mass ling/bling one wave, then mass SH the next wave (assuming the resource allowed). If zerg army can have composition to hard counter other race, zerg would be imba. Because no one can keep up with that.

The conventional wisdom is that zerg alsway need (and have the means) to have 1 more base than T/P.

If you don't like the way zerg play, maybe try terran or protoss?
Boy, I wish I had some reps to show you guys...

Okay my best example, as a zerg player, of one of my matches.

ZvT, was a 50 minute game or so. So me and this terran go into super late game on Newkirk.

I acquired all of my bases on my side, and even needed to take a base on his side (which I could never take, though neither did he).

Score of the match:

Me - 250,000
Terran - 190,000

Outcome of the match:

I Lost MISERABLY. And the funny thing was, that my micro was actually quite decent, I spread my units, got the concave, ect ect. I even killed 2 orbitals and 1 planetary throughout this. And note, he never once killed a base of mine. or did economic damage, this is one of the kickers.

What happened:

I went through about 5 different late game comps to figure out what beat late game terran. Not a single composition was able to do the damage it needed to.

Hmm, what does this say about late late game terran compositions?

You don't score over 60,000 points than your opponent and lose miserably without something being wrong.

But because this is an extremely rare situation, Im sure it would never get addressed. Just never, ever, let terran reach a comp that includes mass raven, battlecruiser, ghosts, mines, MMM, Vikings, MMM, Tank, Thor, Defensive Planetaries.

And yes, this terran serious was able to build up to all these things in his late game comp. Dont ask me how he controlled it all, but nonetheless it was retarded strong.
zerg players display female traits, doesn't matter how things are going their race sucks and is discriminated against
terran players are pretty chill and understand their role in the community ( b*tching about the protoss race )
protoss just suck as usual bringing in the least tournies and money and yet they tend to whine the least
Hmm, what does this say about late late game terran compositions?

You don't score over 60,000 points than your opponent and lose miserably without something being wrong.

But because this is an extremely rare situation, Im sure it would never get addressed. Just never, ever, let terran reach a comp that includes mass raven, battlecruiser, ghosts, mines, MMM, Vikings, MMM, Tank, Thor, Defensive Planetaries.

And yes, this terran serious was able to build up to all these things in his late game comp. Dont ask me how he controlled it all, but nonetheless it was retarded strong.

I was going to ask what terran late game composition...
So the unbeatable terran composition is building everything there is to be built? Hmm, interesting... It's like 1-1-1 for late game.
Widow mines are fine, hellbats are fine.
Hellbat drops need to be tweaked.
Everything is fine aside from hellbat drops.
Is it that zerg players just need to learn how to play and stop complaining terran imba? or is that
one half of you and the other half says terran needs to be tweaked, And even I can say dealing
with mass widow mines is VERY frustrating and hell bat drops are too good. So what is your
opinion?

Zergs have one the most tournaments. Have had the most success in GSL code S so far, they have nothing to complain about. They no longer get freewins.

Hellbat drops are a problem for all races. Its imbalanced and gimmicky. Widow mines have been fine.

IMO T is VERY weak to P atm.
T v Z is pretty balanced overall. (Might be terran favored at highest level, but innovation/flash might just be better than top zergs atm)
Right now a couple of WMs can take out 2000/2000 of mutas without micro in the blink of an eye. It can also take out like 1000 minerals worth of lings without any micro. WM are WAY too cost effective in tvz.

Hellbats have no real counter, they're easy to get, they have AOE and can take out lings and drones ridiculously fast. This forces zerg to go roach or lair tech just to survive, but even then they still don't have an answer for this. This unit is quickly becoming a joke.

Both units need to be tweaked or zerg will just end up cheesing every zvt.
players are refusing to properly counter units because they are bad

same old crap in WoL too

mass marauders are OP TvP and beat all gateway units... protoss adapted into chargelot/archon armies

ling/bane/muta makes bio unplayable TvZ... players learned how to split and target fire banelings with tanks

oh and thank you for reminding me

Right now a couple of WMs can take out 2000/2000 of mutas without micro in the blink of an eye. It can also take out like 1000 minerals worth of lings without any micro. WM are WAY too cost effective in tvz.

thors would kill mass muta because of splash... players learned how to magic box so they stay spread out and thors become ineffective

maybe players will learn, but based on how long it took in WoL for the metagame to shift, that wont be any time soon

hellbats are still not effective vs armored units and are slow enough to be kited... they have short range, they are very similar to zealots, why not treat them like them? spine crawlers work wonders on hellbat drops

widow mines are another thing that actually has leeway given, they become visible and do not shoot until 1.5sec after acquiring a target meaning unlike other units (tanks for example) that do damage instantly you have time to respond... and zerg too, you already try to win through macro but its somehow impossible to send single units out to disarm mines? terrans have been dealing with banelings and splitting for a long time and it feels like karma that zerg now has to micro against specific units
T > Z > P > T

I'm not sure.
Please make the Planetary Fortress usefull vs Protoss. It's imba vs Zerg and totally useless vs Protoss. I mean, really? What's that?