Pankoprulu Academy: Second Class XXIX

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
IC: "Research Team and depending on how soon they get the message a team should be meeting up with one of the schools medical ships to come here." Sam says coughing. "I guess my sins have finally caught up with me"
[Tari]
"You just pull through this Sam. I ..." I trail off not wanting to continue.
IC: "I will you know how much of a fighter I am." Sam says before looking at Tari. "What is truly bothering you other then me being like this?"
[Tari]
"I just don't want to lose you." I give Sam a kiss on the cheek and head to the door. "See you tomorrow."
IC: "Not yet please" Sam says with more tears in his eyes. He just wanted more comfort and didn't want to see Tari leave yet.
[Tari]
I stop at the door and sigh. "OK I'll stay a little bit longer but you need to rest." I say as I walk back to his side.
IC: "I will in time..just don't leave me yet please.... I need you right now" Sam says as he starts to break down. "I'm sorry so so sorry" He says between tears.
[Tari]
"Sam ... It's OK ... please ... calm down or I won't be able to stay." I say trying to calm him down and sort of hoping medical personnel weren't watching.
IC:
[Alicia]
Feeling the subtlest change in the atmosphere, I follow my gut instinct and open a comm line to Tari;
{{Hey Tari, how you doing?}}
IC: "I...I...know" Sam says as he sits up to have another coughing fit. after his fit he holds Tari hand with a weak grip. "I...I.. Just" he trails off as he falls asleep.
[Tari]
I kiss Sam on the forehead. "Sleep and gather what strength you can. You'll need every ounce for this." I say before leaving the medbay. {{I-I'm fine Alicia ... Sam isn't though.}} I reply with a shaky voice.
IC:
[Alicia]
{{Sh!t. What happened?}}
I reply, quickly heading for the medbay.
[Tari]
{{Apparently that serum he took was suppressing cancer and then he was off of it for a week or so and then had to use the decontamination chamber and something acted as a catalyst so now he has a month unless we get a certain experimental procedure that has only a 10% chance to work.}} I sit against the wall using everything I could to keep from losing control.
IC:
{{Fu¢king A. I'll talk to Stef, I'm sure he's got something in his bag o' tricks that can deal with this...}}
I growl over the comm as I walk around corner and quickly head over to Tari's side.
[Tari]
I look up at Alicia and give a small fleeting smile that fades quickly. "Thanks but ... I just don't know if anything else will work ..."
IC:
[Alicia]
I smile grimly;
"Oh trust me, there's always options... Whether or not Sam will be willing to choose them is another matter entirely..."
Taking a deep breath, I pause for a moment and give her a concerned look;
"You want help?"
[Tari]
I shrug as I wanted to deal with this myself yet at the same time I felt like I needed someone for support. "I-I don't know ..."
IC:
[Alicia]
Carefully sampling Tari's emotional state, I nod, half to myself, half to her;
"I understand."
I say simply, giving her a hug both physically and empathicly.
[Tari]
"Thanks." I say returning the hug. "I gave him an ultimatum too. He either gets to come out of this as good as new or I'm dragging his @ss out of the void so I can kick it repeatedly." I say regaining my composure but still rather chaotic on the inside.
IC: Sam laid in his bed asleep dreaming of Tari. A medical ship had left the academy to meet up with a Dominion ship to bring the research team and the project to the academy for Sam. Both sides moved fast since they knew Sam didn't have a month to live.

OOC: Will edit it if need be.