Dont get why so much QQ over balance...

General Discussion
It seems since this most recent patch that the game is more balanced then ever. Zerg isn's as UP as before, Terran isnt too OP, or either is Toss. The more matches I play since the release of the patch, the more I feel I have what it takes to counter what my enemy throws at me, but not to the point where what I do will be an unstoppable force, and uncounterable. I believe that sometimes cheese, or not knowing how to counter units properly is the reason that people think a certain race is so imbalanced, and needs nerfs/counters.

A perfect example of this was that I personally used to think that Toss was OP, i felt that their void rays, and photon cannons needed to be nerfed, even after the recent changes to rays in the last patch. After i learned that it only takes 3 to maybe 4 marines to counter a VR (not even with stim), and that it takes way longer to make 1 VR than it does to make 3-4 marines, this was no longer an issue.

I dont know if people just arent trying new things, but I feel that if a strategy your using isnt working, its not that the opponents unit/race is OP, or your unit/race is UP, but what your doing isnt the correct, or most effecient counter.

Before anyone says anything about me being in bronze, please stop to read, Im not QQing, but just trying to give some feedback to the people who post some of the OP and UP threads. Although there may be some things that need to be changed to yet be balanced, I feel that this recent patch was a big step in the right direction.
Because People do not want the game to be balanced they want a I-WIN button.

It sure does seem like it, I know this game is different, and you have to learn a lot of counters, and builds (it took me awhile to adapt, just recently have gotten it down), but some games you can mindlessly play and win (COD, HALO, ect.) but this isnt one of them. QQing if you dont understand whats going on with unit balance, if you got dominated by a race/unit, you most likely messed up somewhere.

This game is always going to present a challange, and its supposed to!
See this thread for a solution to this very issue:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/832103877
The basic thought process goes: "Since I lost to it, and it was recently patched to be better/ my units to be worse, its obviously OP/ UP."

A lack of insight into varying play styles leads to ignorant rage.
Also, many people never want to blame themselves after a loss, especially kids. They are always looking for some excuse and the "&*(*&%(* nerf them they are OP" response is the most common for these people.

On these forums in particular (and even on TL forums), there are almost zero legitimate posts about racial balance. Just pure QQ and babies crying that they can't beat their opponents, so therefore something must be wrong.

I agree with you 100%. Most people can't man up after a loss and figure out why they lost. Whenever I lose, I remind myself this is just a video game and that it does not affect me on a personal level and I jump into another game right away. If I lose in a very close match, I check out my replay and see what I did wrong. Most people rather find fault in something else rather than themselves. It's human nature.

This isn't Korea where you're social status is affected by your ranking on the ladder hahahahaha.
Most people can't man up after a loss and figure out why they lost

it's mostly just common sense to know the reason why you lost unless you are fairly new to the game itself & just do not know the units & the counters & such.
Because if people couldn't blame their losses on balance it wouldn't leave as much to blame it on. Nobody ever loses because the other guy was just better.
Also, many people never want to blame themselves after a loss, especially kids. They are always looking for some excuse and the "&*(*&%(* nerf them they are OP" response is the most common for these people.

On these forums in particular (and even on TL forums), there are almost zero legitimate posts about racial balance. Just pure QQ and babies crying that they can't beat their opponents, so therefore something must be wrong.

I hope that all the QQ doesnt effect Blizzard into doing things that dont need to be done. Some people say things like reaper nerf happened due to Blizzard believing this was an issue to many people, due to QQing. Not saying that reapers were perfect, but I do believe the nerf was pretty large, considering the issue's that it was having.

Just like you zerg players, right? :P

Don't point the finger at others until you can safely point it at yourself. Either wait for the patch or quit the game.

Hey you terrans started it. If it was completely balanced im sure alot of terrans would quit the game and go back to runescape or something idk

Just like you zerg players, right? :P

Don't point the finger at others until you can safely point it at yourself. Either wait for the patch or quit the game.

Hey you terrans started it. If it was completely balanced im sure alot of terrans would quit the game and go back to runescape or something idk

If it was completely balanced then a lot of people would prolly leave in general, they will lose interest... they would start QQ about other things, even if its declaired balanced.

QQer's QQ, thats what they do!
I also think its a product of the ladder system. The brains at blizzard designed a system that would encourage a 50% win/loss percentage for everyone. This means games feel more stressful, because either you are below 50% and trying desperately to climb out of the gutter, or you are at or just above it and trying not to drop and risk demotion.

By creating a game that stresses people out to the degree that it does,.. you end up with a lot of crying over balance even when it may not be warranted. That isn't to say that the game is perfect, but if it wasn't for the ladder design.. there would be less complaining and more happy customers.
I also think its a product of the ladder system. The brains at blizzard designed a system that would encourage a 50% win/loss percentage for everyone. This means games feel more stressful, because either you are below 50% and trying desperately to climb out of the gutter, or you are at or just above it and trying not to drop and risk demotion.

By creating a game that stresses people out to the degree that it does,.. you end up with a lot of crying over balance even when it may not be warranted. That isn't to say that the game is perfect, but if it wasn't for the ladder design.. there would be less complaining and more happy customers.

Is this true? If so how do they do this? Are you saying they force you play harder or easier to you balance out at 50%? I dont believe this to be true, I thought that they constantly are matching you with people at your skill level so that the games are as fair as possible, and from my experience, it does a pretty good job of it, better than a lot of other games systems.

well then, those people are PLAYING THE WRONG F@#$ING GAME!
It seems since this most recent patch that the game is more balanced then ever. Zerg isn's as UP as before, Terran isnt too OP, or either is Toss. The more matches I play since the release of the patch, the more I feel I have what it takes to counter what my enemy throws at me, but not to the point where what I do will be an unstoppable force, and uncounterable. I believe that sometimes cheese, or not knowing how to counter units properly is the reason that people think a certain race is so imbalanced, and needs nerfs/counters.

A perfect example of this was that I personally used to think that Toss was OP, i felt that their void rays, and photon cannons needed to be nerfed, even after the recent changes to rays in the last patch. After i learned that it only takes 3 to maybe 4 marines to counter a VR (not even with stim), and that it takes way longer to make 1 VR than it does to make 3-4 marines, this was no longer an issue.

I dont know if people just arent trying new things, but I feel that if a strategy your using isnt working, its not that the opponents unit/race is OP, or your unit/race is UP, but what your doing isnt the correct, or most effecient counter.

Before anyone says anything about me being in bronze, please stop to read, Im not QQing, but just trying to give some feedback to the people who post some of the OP and UP threads. Although there may be some things that need to be changed to yet be balanced, I feel that this recent patch was a big step in the right direction.

I agree with you, if you don't win that doesn't mean is unbalanced, I mean I win like 90% of 1vs1 but I lose like 99% of 3vs3, maybe most of you are gonna watch my profile and it says I'm silver but I'm always against platinums in 1vs1 I just don't advance. Either way I don't liked that they increased Nexus life, but it's cool, I'm a zerg player and since Brood War I always thought they are the best, some lurkers would be nice they were a pretty original unit.
Low league, didn't read