-THE- ALL-IN Roach Rush Toss... can stop :(

Zerg Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
btw- the reason you don't see any cannon replays is because I haven't run into a diamond yet who uses cannons as part of their early D.
Not really interested in league ranking, more interested in seeing a replay where this was successfully defended against.

If you want complete proof of concept, you have to demonstrate when it does NOT work. Otherwise, people trying it will execute it without any clue of when they are in danger of losing the game.
You know, for any naysayers, I'm so confident in this strat that I'd take on any toss who thinks they can stop it :/. You build your typical defense/build, we'll pick a 2 player map like steps of war, I'll go all-in, you'll -know- it's coming, and I'll still win.

And if in fact you -can- beat me, we can show toss exactly what to do to stop this :).

I'll take that challenge. I promise you 100% that I'll stop this with my protoss without the use of cannons. If I can't, then I'll vow to use it myself in a bo someday. Also, I will only begin preparing for the rush at the point I see roach warren go down, before that I'll play business as usual.

Rekatan.143, lets doo eeeet!
I know you've had success in your FFA's but this does not work in upper level protoss play. I'm sure with time other protoss players will learn how to scout/adapt their build orders to it accordingly. If you try this vs any decent protoss player though they are just going to build a forge wall outside their natural and FE. By doing the 7RR you're already behind on economy and they'll win.
Not really interested in league ranking, more interested in seeing a replay where this was successfully defended against.

If you want complete proof of concept, you have to demonstrate when it does NOT work. Otherwise, people trying it will execute it without any clue of when they are in danger of losing the game.

Ok, here's a game I lost vs a diamond rank 1. Note he sent one of his first probes, and I missed it by MILLIMETERS which cost me the game. As soon as I saw his front gate and realized -no buildings- I knew I was hosed, and the zealots were in my base almost at that exact second.

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=160863

And here's the ONLY replay I have where someone managed to stop my roach rush all-in legitimately.

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=160864

Now in this second replay, note that I made some mistakes. First, this was Agri valley, a LONG rush distance map so my attack doesn't really start until almost 20 seconds later then it ordinarily does (meaning the immortal is about to pop). Second, I allowed him to focus down one of my roaches (you are supposed to transfuse that first focused-on roach to keep your DPS high and 7 roaches in the fight as long as possible). Third, I misjudged and thought the robo bay was only covered by one pylon, so I focused it down, then I very stupidly went into a panic when I realized the robo was still building and attempted to focus down the facility itself. Fourth, I mis-micro'ed and accidentally pulled my drones back from his probes, screwing up my positioning.

Had I simply A-moved instead, I would have rolled straight over his 2-3 stalkers and probes, then slaughtered the immortal when he popped a few seconds later with my drones/roach/queen army (for proof, look at my previous replays, one of them is on Agri valley vs someone who does a very similar strat, the immortal pops but it gets absolutely PWNED because I a-moved).

To follow-up, he did barely win.. It's actually a very potent rush (although only on steppes I'd say) and even on steppes with a slightly better opening I'd have won, but fkd up my gateway timing a bit so I only had 2 sentry instead of 3.
My first challenger, Reketan!

Thanks for playing one with me Reketan.

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=160867

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=160867

NP, looking forward to the follow-up, but even *when* I win that one, I still intend to use this in a bo5 or something, the psychological effect of losing to this would be so huge haha
You're really in love with this roach rush strategy. I've seen like 10 threads made by you about it.
You're really in love with this roach rush strategy. I've seen like 10 threads made by you about it.

I've written 2 threads about it.

And yes, I enjoy the roach rush, think it's a viable opening, and am -trying- to open other peoples eyes (and cut through all the negativity).

For some reason, people have this big bias against the roach rush, even zerg players. No idea what you guys are so riled up about.

It works, I can beat toss with this all-in in almost every single game I use it that has a mid size rush distance or less (havent had many on LONG rush distances, so I cant say it works there 100%).

Just wanted to say this BO works, and it is not all in. I haven't lost against Protoss yet using it, and it's effective against Zerg. It's okay against Terran, but only because a lot of Diamond players are expecting 5 roach or something else.
wow reading your in game chat is painful. Especially on the one vs mojo. mojo is one nice, patient dude.
good luck teching to muta on 1 base with 0 gas left
u could already be sending ur queen and roaches down and he could have no cannons and 2 sentries

he puts up 1 cannon while ur on ur way, ur dead and cant comeback...

Dude reketan!!! you had the game...@!#%@#$%@$#53245

Why on earth did you Force field on top of nothing... You should have waiting til he started walking up your ramp cut off a couple roaches and kited the roaches to death.

Unit composition almost right, but why only 1 stalker and 2 sentry? Should be the other way around; one sentry and two stalkers. With proper micro 2 stalkers can kill 3 roaches. If you killed ~3 roaches and with the warpgate tech done, you could have won. =s

Good match!
You know, for any naysayers, I'm so confident in this strat that I'd take on any toss who thinks they can stop it :/. You build your typical defense/build, we'll pick a 2 player map like steps of war, I'll go all-in, you'll -know- it's coming, and I'll still win.

And if in fact you -can- beat me, we can show toss exactly what to do to stop this :).

I'll take that challenge. I promise you 100% that I'll stop this with my protoss without the use of cannons. If I can't, then I'll vow to use it myself in a bo someday. Also, I will only begin preparing for the rush at the point I see roach warren go down, before that I'll play business as usual.

Rekatan.143, lets doo eeeet!

i've seen a couple of your replays, aren't you a zerg player?
edit: oh wait nevermind you said if you lost you'd use it in a bo

by the way i like your play style it's pretty cool
Stupid strat even if it gets you into diamond.

Is that really the point of the game?

This is cheese, plain and simple. Any strat where you send all your drones to soak up fire is cheese, stupid, and teaches you nothing.
Yeah this is some weak ass %%*%. L2P