At this point Protoss doesn't take much skill

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 12 Next
if someone wins with a worker rush consistantly he is probably better than a person who doesn't know how to play the game until the 4 min mark.
All the more reason why points are useless and MMR is everything.

this is the exact reason why I believe win percentage is the true indicator of skill.

That's false. MMR is a true indicator of ones skill, but blizz wont freaking give it to us. A player with a 54% in bronze is nowhere near the skill of a 50% diamond player. The closer you are to 50%, the higher confidence the matchmakin system is at obtaining your true MMR value.

In THEORY, once you are at 50% and have no bonus pool points, you are perfectly placed in the ladder.
on that note someone 10-10 in diamond isn't the same skill as someone 50-50 in diamond .
if someone wins with a worker rush consistantly he is probably better than a person who doesn't know how to play the game until the 4 min mark.

Yeah but that is a very contrived example, if someone is winning with cannon rushes and gets promoted to diamond, he will eventually hit a wall where it doesn't work anymore, and then he will get demolished.

He is not a diamond level player per say, just used a gimmicky tactic to get there. Same thing if I were to camp with clays in MW2 in order to boost my KDR to a top tier level.

ill be amazed if you can find ANYONE who can win say 60% or more in diamond level with worker rushes only. ;p. (say 100 games).
Ah, well my point remains the same. The closer you are to 50%, the higher the confidence the system has at obtaining your MMR.

I have crazy win % in some of my random team leagues, because they have no clue where I belong in the ladder. As I play more in them I'll start getting owned and it will settle down.
wrong, people can make diamond in 8 games.
ill be amazed if you can find ANYONE who can win say 60% or more in diamond level with worker rushes only. ;p. (say 100 games).

?

I don't understand, I didn't say that at all.
its a thing thats impossible to pull off . meaning if someone can do it they are really skilled.
I find protoss to be the most micro intensive race of the three.

Play zerg some time then, lol.

Protoss is definitelyas micro intensive as Zerg and I wouldn't disagree with someone saying more micro intensive. Pretty much every single Protoss build is micro intensive when played well. Sure you can just go zealot+stalker and fail to use blink effectively and win at lower levels but that doesn't last.