League placement update for Ladder Season 4

General Discussion
We created an entirely new ladder for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm when it launched back in March of this year, which reset matchmaking ratings for players across the board. With so many fresh player ratings to account for, it took some time for the ladder to settle and start placing everyone in the most appropriate leagues for their skill level. During this time, some players were placed slightly higher than they should have been, which caused league populations to deviate from what was desired.

With 2013 Ladder Season 4, we made a few adjustments that will help league distribution more closely match our intended percentages going forward. As a result of these changes, and in combination with our removal of mid-season demotions, some of you may notice an increase in league movement at the beginning of a fresh ladder season. If you find that your league has been reclassified after playing your placement match, never fear –The ladder system is working to give you the most accurate league placement possible based on your skill level. As always, those of you seeking to reach a higher league will be promoted as you continue to win and improve.

Thanks, and good luck in your next game!
FINALLY, thank you, i hope this cuts down on some of these threads.
If people aren't too busy admiring that changeling portrait, this will really help out a ton of people.
Looks awesome!
If people aren't too busy admiring that changeling portrait, this will really help out a ton of people.

Aww, now you're making me blush!

Brownie points with the community manager, yeaaah! The blushing is probably just a chemical reaction of standing too close to a nearby race and nearly morphing.

ah so thats what that is
FINALLY!
I suppose the easiest thing to do would be to expect to be demoted.
Yup, I'm where I think I need to be. Mid-Diamond and I'm sure on the way up. With that said, I feel as if I've been playing against some atrocious Master's rated players last season (I'm only mildly atrocious). Wouldn't it help to at least be a little more stringent throughout the season for Master's leaguers who have some of the provisions of GM?

Inactivity should be a mid-season demotion for example. Demotion should be possible in general! That way, Masters is a true achievement for people who work hard at the game and play consistently well and not just a trophy to cry over once you've lost it at the beginning of the next season.
It's good that they purged the league.

There were a good amount of ppl that just sat inactive barely playing games or just playing unranked so they could sit on their mmr and get the master's league icon.
I think some of this went too far. I'm seeing players that are clearly cable of being in Diamond in Platinum, as I am myself, and those players that belong in Platinum are being crushed. This reset, or whatever... I don't think it's working as intended.

Ha! Silly zappy, people don't read stickies.

06/10/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Spyrian

oh god I am so jelly of that.
"I got placed into bronze, but ggtracker says I have grandmaster spending and 3 of my GM friends got placed into diamond, and I usually beat them on a regular basis. Your league system is broken, I quit, already sold account"

inb4 people think i'm serious
Slightly frustrated that I played 154 games in Diamond last season, won 80 (around the 50% mark) only to drop back down to Platinum. Oh well, no one could have realistically expected anything other than "working as intended."

Just gotta wonder if it's even worth grinding away to get that shiny badge again or move on to something else.
Slightly frustrated that I played 154 games in Diamond last season, won 80 (around the 50% mark) only to drop back down to Platinum. Oh well, no one could have realistically expected anything other than "working as intended."

Just gotta wonder if it's even worth grinding away to get that shiny badge again or move on to something else.

Or you could just play the game for the love of the game knowing that you're being placed against proper opponents, you know instead of pining for worthless hunks of virtual metal...
Oh, so this is why I'm back in Platinum. Oh well, time to screw ladder anxiety and just play, play, play!
Thank you for blue sticky.
Still, this doesn't add up. For example, many Masters players (myself included) have been in Master league every single season since the beginning of Wings of Liberty. Now all low-mid Master players have been demoted to Diamond league as of now, it seems. If you actually changed the percentages around (ex. Master is now top 1%), could you please let us know? If that's the case, it would all make sense. Otherwise, this is very confusing.