Warp Prism buff this week

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Thank you so much for helping us test the Warp Prism changes. We're going to put the current Warp Prism changes in the balance test map into the game this week because we feel it is a good minor buff to Protoss harassing capabilities.

Changes are:
o Movement speed increased from 2.5 to 2.953.
o Acceleration increased from 2.125 to 2.625.

We will be closely monitoring both ladder and tournament games to make sure everything goes as expected once the changes go live.

As for the other changes in the balance test map, we're still looking into them and more playtesting/feedback from you guys will be greatly appreciated. We believe this collaborative community effort is really helpful for the game. Thank you.
cool to see that protoss gets more things that make the game more dynamic

will the upgrade for warp prisms still be in the game?
because it is not mentioned in this thread
Cool stuff!
You're welcome, Dayvie. I'm glad you're taking your time and reviewing our feedback, as changes like these require extensive feedback :D

will the upgrade for warp prisms still be in the game?
because it is not mentioned in this thread

Yes, the upgrade will still be there, those values have not changed.
Good thing this won't affect me since every Protoss I play just all ins me anyway -_-

I was really hoping for a hellbat nerf though...
good stuff! now buff Z harrass (nydus + ovidrop) and all 3 races have viable harrasstools. go davie, go davie! :D
What if the wp upgrade decrease its transformation time a little too?
I am 100% all for more dynamic play for Protoss. Hooray!!
Hell, its about time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0
thank you for killing tvp mech blizzard!!!
yep don't bother fixing the real problems make protoss more of a gimmicy all in race like terran was in wol beta
06/19/2013 11:16 AMPosted by EnTaroDHo

Little soon for that.
Aw yiss

Little soon for that.

Yep.....Besides, both of the most discussed changes that Blizzard could look into for changing Hellbats would actually affect bio-bat compositions more than mech.
-Removing the bio tag means that Bio either has to repair or replace Hellbats often. Mech is nearly untouched and receives a slight buff against Archons--and honestly it seems better to use Hellbats without Medivacs in mech unless you are planning to drop with them.
-A Blue Flame implementation delays Hellbat use in all match up, but it is disproportionately harmful to bio-bat compositions because mech will already have the tech-labs in place for the research and bio has to cut production.

Speaking of which. I wonder what they are going to test on the next test map.
thank you for killing tvp mech blizzard!!!yep don't bother fixing the real problems make protoss more of a gimmicy all in race like terran was in wol beta

I don't know. When I was testing against the faster wp I was doing pretty good against the wp itself. It is kinda weird getting the proper defense at first but I think mech can handle it.
06/19/2013 11:44 AMPosted by TaylorSwift
Fix the key issues here instead of these cute buffs.. Protoss without sentries are dead, which makes no sense..they should not have to rely on FFS to win
LOL
Colossus harass become better/harder :) good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVAnANYhJv8
06/19/2013 11:44 AMPosted by TaylorSwift
Fix the key issues here instead of these cute buffs.. Protoss without sentries are dead, which makes no sense..they should not have to rely on FFS to win

ITT: 2010
Good move and I wish it came sooner.