Disconnect: "Waiting for server" dialog

Technical Support
1 2 3 26 Next
We're trying to gather some more data on this specific issue, so please post here if you get a "Waiting for server" dialog popup (with a "Surrender" button) while playing a StarCraft 2 match that lasts until you disconnect (or until you click surrender).

Please note the time and date that this occurred to you, and mention what time zone you are in.

Other useful info would be the map type you were in (custom, 1v1, 2v2, etc...), and how far into the game (roughly) you were before you were dropped.

Thanks!

Please only post in this thread if you are having this specific issue, thanks!
For the past 2-3 days ive been getting D/C on BNET a lot during peak times... is the problem coming from my side or bnet?
About 3:45 MDT 10/28/10, custom game, about 5-10 minutes into game. constant lag issues, i've noticed the same results in 1s the previous 2 days. Did a pingtest during the disconnection( 17 ms ping, 3 ms jitter, 0% packet loss)
MarMarMarMar and Wasteweiser, are you both actually getting the "Waiting for server" dialog box popping up (with a "Surrender" button)?
i know segfalt but i tried posting ont hat thread tells me there is a big bug! lol so i get the same problems as those other guys on the thread constantly every day, just ogt on today at 5.30 pm on a 3v3. im currently in sint-maarten FWI caribbean, and all my friend on the same island as me don't have that problem at all!
I get into the game, then get waiting for server message, then tells me you were dropped and I hit surrender. Does this count segfalt?? Its been happening for over 2 or 3 weeks now, almost like when this patch was downloaded through patcher.

Summary: I can join game, then play for a "short" time (usually 3-5min) and get waiting for server message, then tells me "you were dropped" and I have to surrender. (This happens with NO lag going on in gameplay then randomly this crap happening)
i have the same problem heath!!! its getting so frustrating, for once segfalt, the first fo blizzard staff to answer us ty so much dude! its greatly appreciated, i have tried that program tcp optmizer found on another thread i hope it will work, trying it right now, will keep you posted!!
just got stuck on players found segfalt, so i dont know anymore! that happened on a 3v3 a minute ago.
I am getting a waiting for server at this moment to simply connect to Battle.net, on this same computer.

Edit: In case it is relevant, I've been trying to connect from 3:15-3:33pm (present) from San Francisco. My internet connection is fine, considering I am streaming Battlestar Galactica and posting on the forums at the moment.
Heath, when was the last time this happened to you? Date and time (and your timezone) would be invaluable, thanks! :)
I am getting a waiting for server at this moment to simply connect to Battle.net, on this same computer.

Naio, I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. The "Waiting for server" dialog I'm referring to, is the one that pops up mid-game - not when trying to first log in or connect.

Naio, I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. The "Waiting for server" dialog I'm referring to, is the one that pops up mid-game - not when trying to first log in or connect.

I simply cannot connect to Battle.net. I am getting a waiting for server message when I click the connect button and then it says I am unable to connect and to check my connection (obviously nothing is wrong with my connection). I realize you are referring to the DC in game where it gives you the surrender option during the game and eventually DCs you, which happened about a week ago at around 2am PST to me. Perhaps the issues are related?

Edit: "There is a temporary outage with Battle.net..." Disregard my post.
I simply cannot connect to Battle.net.
Ahh, well, this is another issue, then. Please check the FAQ sticky for basic troubleshooting steps.
I was getting the Waiting for server and surrender thing starting tuesday night at about 10pm PST. All night last night from about 6pm-9pm PST and i havent had the guts to try this again and suffer another loss. It's been happening in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. Havent done the FFA.
I just received a "There is a temporary outage with Battle.net"

Just saying.
Question: did bnet implement a anti-hacking system where if you have too much latency it drop you from bnet?

the only answer i can think right now is that, i see people here with a latency of ~70ms to ATT server, and they still get dropped.

Could be that bnet check the latency of every player and if the latency get too much distorted, bnet drop the player?

Or maybe bnet servers can't handle too many TCP connections?

And i can't even log to bnet server, it say im not connected to the internet, BUT, im here right now writting this post.
Dropped twice today, October 28th 2010, in 1v1 ladder games

Once at 3:50 MST and again at 4:50 MST

For those of us quite upset about the issue (and the losses), can you offer any insight as to why this is happening?

Edit: Changed times to reflect my time zone (mountain)

Also, dropped again from a 1v1 custom, 5:14 MST (same date)

More details, this last drop was from shakuras plateau (not sure if the map is relevant)
again i dont get no answer
Got waiting for server dialog playing against A.I 1v1 at 7:15pm est.

Got the dialog a few times, but it was already past 4min and i was already defeating the A.I so they surrended before bnet droped me, but couldn't see score screen after i left game.
isnt AI offline... how does that work..