Fast dark templars vs zerg

General Discussion
Anyone else have this work well for them ? so far 3-0. done it vs two builds : 1 )7 RR 2 )mass zerglings

Replays!
http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=member_replays&member_id=168433
I'd tend to think it relies too heavily on sniping the lair before the zerg gets an overseer and starts hunting with mutas, no?

I mean, the dps on the units and buildings is great but even scattering em so they dont die at once I'd be scared of losing them to easily to air attacks.

But if you do get this to work, DO post some replays, I really love DTs and I stopped playing toss because there was simply no way to tech to them and not lose.

I have done it 3-0 so far, saved two of the replays. if you want me to post them I will.
If the Zerg player is delaying their Lair, Fast DTs can punish them. The thing is, if they are delaying their lair, it's probably because they are being very aggressive (7 RR, as you mentioned), and you won't have the extra resources to tech quickly and survive.
If the Zerg player is delaying their Lair, Fast DTs can punish them. The thing is, if they are delaying their lair, it's probably because they are being very aggressive (7 RR, as you mentioned), and you won't have the extra resources to tech quickly and survive.

even IF they have detect. its still decent ;p.
Replays!
http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=member_replays&member_id=168433
I tend to use dt's a lot when versing terran and protoss but absolutely never against zerg. Even when vs'ing terran I think its easier to micro dt's around the scan. On the other hand Zerg is the race that has easiest access to mobile detection so i'd rather tech up to ht's. Can't wait to watch some replays.
I tend to use dt's a lot when versing terran and protoss but absolutely never against zerg. Even when vs'ing terran I think its easier to micro dt's around the scan. On the other hand Zerg is the race that has easiest access to mobile detection so i'd rather tech up to ht's. Can't wait to watch some replays.

Easiest access doesn't necessarily mean best. Typically, a zerg is only willing to spend maybe 1 overseer's worth of gas at a time, and that's either to float around their base or to try to put changelings into yours. More often the zerg will start with none at all.

Due to this, it's very rare for a zerg to have any kind of detection with his main army. On top of that, overseers are giant blue targets to enemy stalkers, and given how rare it is for protoss to use dt's you're almost guaranteed to throw the zerg for a loop.
Easiest access doesn't necessarily mean best. Typically, a zerg is only willing to spend maybe 1 overseer's worth of gas at a time,

No, it does mean best. Just because some Zerg aren't willing to get enough doesn't mean they don't have the best. Zerg easily has the best detection in the game.
I just watch one of the replays you posted vs art, in general the strat isn't as effective, and the guy just screwed up in general, he saw a forge not at the choke but at the top of you ramp, meaning he should get a quick zergling or 2 before the expand since you can't pressure with units at that point before he expands.
The second part was where he did a 1 base no lair until like 9+ minutes into the game, and he didn't scout, if you went for a fast expo then that means you are looking for a long game, if not then that means you are going for something like void rays or dts (very rarely collossi).

If it was a zerg one basing then dts shouldn't work at all, and if its a 14 or 15 FE then it you should be able to pick off a few units/drones by the time he gets detection, since the timing window for a DT is a bit earlier than a zerg who FE and then decides to get a lair.
Or if he efficent at scouting he would drop spores(although in the replay you had your base laced with cannons)
Easiest access doesn't necessarily mean best. Typically, a zerg is only willing to spend maybe 1 overseer's worth of gas at a time,

No, it does mean best. Just because some Zerg aren't willing to get enough doesn't mean they don't have the best. Zerg easily has the best detection in the game.

HA HA HA, I would rather have a Raven, or Observer any day.

Tbh, I'd rather have my detection unit be invisible or have some kind of combat ability rather than a changeling that's very painfully obvious to spot and a contaminate ability that literally has no functionality. I'd be more than happy if contaminate did things like stop turrets and pf's from firing when effected, but it only stops production. I'd even be satisfied with that if the spell recharged itself faster than it lasted, but it doesn't do that either; it takes 42 seconds to recharge the 75 energy used by a 30 second spell (if I have my math right).
Why are they all on scrap station?
Why are they all on scrap station?
I think cause zerg likes that map ? I vetoe metal/delta/lost temple. ;p. random is random I guess. I've done it on shakuras plateau too but didnt save that one -_- .
DTs are most viable against Zerg imho. I don't usually delay my Lair too long so the timing works out well if I am being DT rushed, and if I do delay my Lair it's because I'm going for an early aggression build.

Even with detection though DTs are pretty durable, and are great if you mix them in with your army and are able to snipe any Overseers.
I end up using archons vs zerg.
Did the proxies stop working? :)

Watching the second game there.

Actually didn't seem like the DT's work all that great. He already had spore crawlers up at both his bases and you did minimal damage.
I've heard good things about a DT transition from Nony's Dual Stargate build.