Bio or Mech

Terran Discussion
Hello fellow terrans,
I am mainly a bio player except for tvt i go bio tank, and tvz bio mine/tank. I do mess around with mech in unranked every once in a while and I feel that it is just as viable as bio.I was wondering if it is better to strictly play bio only, or to just play mech. I notice a lot of the pro gamers stick with one or the other and don't rotate between mech and bio. If you do play both what situation is mech a better choice then bio and vice versa?
You must be able to play bio if you want to play mech. If you're only a mech player in TvZ and your opponent knows it they can be really abusive and there is little you can do as a mech player to stop it.

Mech is better on any map with easily defendable 3rds and 4ths, bio is better on Belshir Vestige, trying to mech on that map is a nightmare.
TvZ

Definitely Mech.

As a zerg player, I struggle so much when Terran play mech heavy. Make a lot of mines.. I'm sure zerg will commit suicide by then.
Mech is better on any map with easily defendable 3rds and 4ths, bio is better on Belshir Vestige, trying to mech on that map is a nightmare.

Thanks, looking for an answer like this.

As a zerg player, I struggle so much when Terran play mech heavy. Make a lot of mines.. I'm sure zerg will commit suicide by then.

Yes i do love bio mine against zerg, so much fun!
TvT - Mech
TvZ - Bio & mines/tanks (depending on whether I'm facing roach hydra or ling-bling-muta.)
TvP - Bio

Mech is OK in a lot of situations in TvZ and TvP as well, but as a mech player you absolutely MUST have very good trades. Mech usually doesn't trade well with protoss armies, due to immortals.

Against zerg, all they do is mass swarmhost and antiair and eventually your push will get whittled down and beaten back.
TvT - Mech
TvZ - Bio & mines/tanks (depending on whether I'm facing roach hydra or ling-bling-muta.)
TvP - Bio

Mech is OK in a lot of situations in TvZ and TvP as well, but as a mech player you absolutely MUST have very good trades. Mech usually doesn't trade well with protoss armies, due to immortals.

Against zerg, all they do is mass swarmhost and antiair and eventually your push will get whittled down and beaten back.

hmmmm yes thats how i go about those matchups to. Although I might think mech is more viable vs protoss then bio is, mainly for the fact you have a stronger early and late game. I think the key is ravens to take out immortals, and suicide widow mines with claws can wipe out his whole army if he isn't paying attention. Buuut I still like bio vs toss because I find it more fun :D
TvT - mech is pretty much standard now

TvZ - i think in that match up mech is very strong but you have to be carefull with it, it's very reactionary, when you have right unit composition you can beat anything that zerg has but if he catches you with good tech switch its easy to die

TvP - you can play mech in this matchup but i find it pretty difficult, for late game you will need a lot of ravens and ghosts and you have to controll them well.

You can check out http://thelocalfactory.webs.com/ . HTO Mario is GM player who plays mech only, a lot of solid builds to be found on this website and his youtube channel.