TvP help!

Terran Discussion
Hello everyone, so after I switched to terran, I've had tons of problems fighting against protoss. How do you guys handle them? I hate to say it, but I feel like I can only win if I don't let them get to the late game (with colossi/Templar) but I don't like this style and I'd like to try to play against them on even footing. What are some builds you guys use?
To deal with colossi and templar in the late game, you'll need Ghosts (EMP) and Vikings (for colossi)

EMP range is 10 whereas Templar spellcasting range is 9, so TvP lategame is all about the micro. You need to EMP the templars before your ghosts get feedbacked. Their purpose really is to nullify toss spellcasters, so as long as you get your EMPs off (even if all the ghosts die)

Vikings you'll want like 10-14 depending on how heavily he's relying on colossi over templar. Be sure to keep tabs on the protoss army to see what unit mix he's currently using.

In a typical army trade, you'll get the EMPs off, stimkite the chargelots back, queue the vikings to one shot the colossi one at a time, and hope that you get a good trade. You also need enough production facilities and orbitals to replenish supply as fast as possible after a lategame trade.
Gaskal

To deal with colossi and templar in the late game, you'll need Ghosts (EMP) and Vikings (for colossi)

EMP range is 10 whereas Templar spellcasting range is 9, so TvP lategame is all about the micro. You need to EMP the templars before your ghosts get feedbacked

This is extremely basic advice, and I am aware of it already. Thanks for the post though! Actually the viking numbers seems useful...How many vikings does it take to 1 shot a colossus?
14 to one shot, assuming you upgrade +air attack to match protoss armor upgrades.
I believe the magic number is 4~6 Vikings Per Colossus if you want to polish them off efficiently.

Only problem is that means less troops to deal with the ground army. Hellbat Marauder Viking works decently, with a few ghosts for EMP.
PvT is broken because the only way terran can win is to do a two base all in, so basically right when the midgame starts, you attack toss, and kill him before late game starts. The only way toss will beat you is if he has excellent FF micro, so in other words, diamond leagues and up are the toss that your two base midgame all in will not work anymore because he will be able to hold your push with FF, photon overcharge, and then most terrans will just die late game, unless you are a terran who is very good with ghosts, then terran becomes on equal footing, if and only if the toss can micro MSC, sentry FF GS, and templar FB Storm perfectly against your one cast does all EMP.
Easiest equal footing is to use hellbat mech with Viking ghost for support. Least amount of micro needed. Other than that you need to practice multiprong drops and attacks, how to draw protoss out of position, delay his economy, tech, force gateway units.
I realize you are already in diamond but how's your macro? Can you hit these benchmarks?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=330787
You should be able to beat most diamond toss with a standard 10min push if you can hit gold league benchmarks. Also, drop as much as possible. Having to constantly defend drops is very annoying especially if you use 2 medivacs.
Thanks for the help everyone! I admit I suck as terran :( but I'm trying to get better. I'll take the advice from this to heart and apply it to my games
diamond players dont have 'excellent' micro