If T/P can't build on creep..

Zerg Discussion
Then why can WM burrow on it? And.. on top of that.. be harder to see?!

Seems creep becomes a liability in this instance.

Just my two plat cents.
Because it's burrowing not sitting on top of it.
I agree widow mines shouldn't be able to burrow on creep; or at least double the burrow time when on creep... and slow their movement speed down.
We get massive advantage from creep due to the increased movement speed and vision of the tumors, we don't need to start nerfing terran and protoss unit's performance on creep
06/26/2013 06:38 PMPosted by MstrJinbo
We get massive advantage from creep due to the increased movement speed and vision of the tumors,

Have you played HotS? The "massive" advantage that takes double the micro either other race has to do, and is countered by a single sight-giving mob and any ground-attacking unit?

06/26/2013 06:38 PMPosted by MstrJinbo
we don't need to start nerfing terran and protoss unit's performance on creep

Yes we do. It's time Zerg become the race they are supposed to be. Time to put little tire-popping spines and all kinds of other nastiness in the creep.
This may or may not sound a bit harsh, but if you made it so Widow Mine's can't burrow on creep, then you would just completely imbalance the game. This is quite a biased suggestion, and would severly damage the efficiency of Widow Mine's against Zerg. Considering that your bases automatically generate Creep when finished, that would count Zerg out against Widow Mine harassment.

This idea is the equivalent of me saying "No Zerg units can burrow in Protoss power fields, because it would kill them with a Psionic Overcharge." Creep is in no way underpowered ( Never thought I'd find myself saying that. ) and a buff like this would simply be out of place.
06/26/2013 05:32 PMPosted by OrneryPossum
on top of that.. be harder to see?!

Yeah, I don't get that either.
06/26/2013 05:32 PMPosted by OrneryPossum
on top of that.. be harder to see?!

This is something that bothers me quite a bit. Widow mines being harder to see seems really backwards. It's pretty obvious the "divot" graphic it currently has is meant to be a marker.

Burrowing makes sense to me. Why shouldn't a widow mine be able to cut a hole into creep? It's not invulnerable (as far as i know, im not big on sc lore). I always thought of tanks anchoring into creep as well. It's just not stable enough for a building/would grow on it.

Having widow mines marked on creep would also make sense lore wise, for what little it's worth. It's like a living organism, so it would react to a hostile invader, like a bacteria.
Then make it so Zerg units cannot burrow off creep.
06/27/2013 08:06 AMPosted by ThePapets

I would gladly do this! The only part off creep that I burrow my units is Terran expansions that have not ye been taken to delay them. But I'll have an Overlord dropping creep there already! :D
06/27/2013 08:06 AMPosted by ThePapets

That's fine with me. It's not I have lurkers anyway and my swarms are always burrowed in creep.

While we're at it, DT can't be invis outside pylon range. :)
i completely agree.... let's make 2 phoenix pick up heavy units and make 4 phoenix pick up buildings. i mean it makes sense right?!?!?! while we are at it, roach shoot green acid out of their mouth, so the units that get attacked by roaches should be poisoned and will die after 10 seconds! A small marine can shoot air, but a huge,flying corruptor can't attacks ground? THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT FAIR AT ALL!!!