Phantom Files

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Brood War lasts for about a year? Would think a few months of training with Psi 5 children is enough to send off to war when they lack the strength to hold a gun, let alone run? Suppose they have a psi 7-8 child, will they send that child to war when they lack the capacity to control it properly [they might even hold such a child for experimentation rather than risk losing such a valuable subject to war]?

A possible solution if you want them to see action is by having them already training during the confederacy, but Mengsk transferred them over to the Dominion program. Say they had 1-2 years training. Though unlikely given that there are realistic holographic simulations, perhaps the instructors at the academy sends the older ones out for a "real life exercise" to see if they are truly worth training or something. This would also have the effect of aging all spooks so they are slightly older.

HOWEVER, it might also mean the skill trees may have some parts mastered already (doubtful, as they are still training) and it might stifle character growth as you'd assume they know each other by know and we don't quite see how those bonds/memories were formed. It would also mean they will be out of the academy by 2502 and they have 2 years of real life experience by 2504 where WOL begins.
07/11/2013 10:41 PMPosted by smylez
Brood War lasts for about a year?

Only three months. also Practical Tests were administered at the end of Training to see if the recruit was worth the training.

various Cannon training exercises:
Artificial environments and simulations are also common, which include;
Artificial High Gravity Environment
Scenario A11-X93 - Trains ghosts to guide tactical nuclear weapons in holo-projection simulations. Referred to as "Nukes Away" by trainees.
Valerian hostage rescue exercise - Team exercise for Dominion ghosts. Ghosts board a planet-hopper against marines with psi-screens.
Low-light maze combat exercise - Team exercise for Dominion ghosts. Ghosts combat automated defenses in a darkened maze, using infrared goggles.
Zerg combat exercise - Team exercise for Dominion ghosts. Ghosts fight automata simulating zerg creatures.
Urban melee exercise - Team vs. team exercise for Dominion ghosts. Held in a battle-damaged urban environment.

Equipment:
All ghosts are given a hostile environment suit and may undergo surgery to replace their eyes with ocular implants. Their weapons of choice include:
AGR-14 rifle
BOSUN FN92 sniper rifle
C-10 rifle
C-20A rifle
E-11 lockdown device
Psyblade
Torrent SR-8 shotgun

Ghosts sometimes worked in teams on missions under the Confederacy, such as the assassination of Angus Mengsk. As of 2501, the Dominion has begun teaching ghosts trainees to work in teams in order to improve the Ghost Program's image.
So...this ever gonna go somewhere?
Once Epiloge is done is what I believe someone said.
07/20/2013 11:11 PMPosted by Warhawk
Once Epiloge is done

and we purge the existing lore.
"It seems that Lekroger, Morph, and treetophuntr are the only ones who have posted Spooks. If you wish to have a Spook in this RP, it would be very much appreciated if you could at least post their skill trees, as I am about to start working on the skill trees. Additionally I am just going to wrap up Telepathy and Telekinesis together."
I could do a spook, but I'm not too interested in being one. Eh, I'll think on it.
I could make a spook. I don't like multiple chars, but I wouldn't mind too much.
Hmmm.... Sure, why not. I'll throw in two characters... maybe three. I'll have them up sometime this weekend.

And how many skill trees are we allowed to have?
*yawns because if very sleepy and has the time to post*

Four, with the first two being Telekinesis/Telepathy. And Stealth and Awareness. The other two are custom and if you can... keep the age at around 14, would help so we wouldn't have so many classes to work with and it would get annoying.
k. I was planning on reduxing Stef and Alicia... going to be interesting.

This is what I had in mind for the two of them...

Alicia:
- Telekinesis
- Telepathy
- Healing
- Empathy

Healing should be self explanatory. The higher the level, the complex healing can be done.

As I've used empathy quite a bit now for two of my characters, I doubt any explanation is needed.

Stefan:
- Telepathy
- Awareness
- Self enhancement
- Psi shielding

Self enhancement would enable Stefan to temporarily make himself stronger, faster, tougher, etc. The better that he gets at this, the longer lasting and more powerful the enhancements get.

Psi shielding would enable Stefan to protect himself and others nearby with psychic shields. in addition, he would be able to use them to repulse enemies at close quarters. While I know this is probably OP, I'm willing to let this be a higher level power only in order to keep things balanced.
War, Telekinesis/Telepathy is one tree, so is Stealth and Awareness. :/

Also, you need to describe Empathy a bit more because we can't just work with a knock-off of telepathy if we don't know what she can do with it. -_-

And War, you shouldn't really worry about Psi-shielding... since Cynthia has it as well. :P And remember, the healing you want to be careful with... you wont be able to repair everything as it's fairly makes sense. :/ Yeah it could help mend wounds and bones but I doubt it could do some serious healing. Just as an FYI since Cynthia can heal as well. :P

As for self-enhancement... I have to talk with SF about that because every Ghost I believe is taught how to enhance themselves with psionics so...

Anyway, as an FYI, and just in case, these are Cynthia's.

Telepathy/Telekinesis
Stealth and Awareness
Sniper Support
Sentinel

And FYI for future reference to everyone... yes I did have healing and barriers first. So no complaining.
07/27/2013 08:50 AMPosted by CrymsonRaven
War, Telekinesis/Telepathy is one tree, so is Stealth and Awareness. :/

Got it. Will edit.

Also, you need to describe Empathy a bit more because we can't just work with a knock-off of telepathy if we don't know what she can do with it. -_-

Aside from the dictionary definition of understanding and sharing feelings or emotions with another, empathy would allow Alicia to manipulate them in herself and others. However, if you're just lumping that in with telepathy, I'll come up with something else for her to have.

And War, you shouldn't really worry about Psi-shielding... since Cynthia has it as well. :P And remember, the healing you want to be careful with... you wont be able to repair everything as it's fairly makes sense. :/ Yeah it could help mend wounds and bones but I doubt it could do some serious healing. Just as an FYI since Cynthia can heal as well. :P

Cool. I wasn't expecting to be able to bring the recently dead back to life for a really long time, if at all.

As for self-enhancement... I have to talk with SF about that because every Ghost I believe is taught how to enhance themselves with psionics so...

Alright, I'll wait on you two to figure that out.

Updated Skill Sets:

Alicia:
- Telekinesis/Telepathy
- Stealth/Awareness
- Healing
- Empathy

Stefan:
- Telekinesis/Telepathy
- Stealth/Awareness
- Self enhancement
- Psi shielding
I'm not jumping it in with Telepathy, just associating it closely with it because in a way it is mind related and etc. Just be prepared though... Since you are a Ghost, it'll be easy as hell for others Ghosts to read each other. :/ That's gonna be fun, eh? Perhaps maybe you could give us an example of how you could apply Empathy in combat and out of combat, you know... more or less so we can figure out how to roll with this, okay?

Cool. I wasn't expecting to be able to bring the recently dead back to life for a really long time, if at all.
Though I think we already guessed that you can heal a severed limb or if someone is dead. :P Also, P.S. as this is important and you may want to know... be careful if you choose the !@#$% route again as this is the Ghost Academy. :/

I think you understand why.

As for Self-enhancement... me and SF talked about it earlier and including a couple of others... we came to the conclusion that everyone ends up knowing how to do self-enhancement with psionics in some way or another in conjunction with their environmental suits. So.... *shrug*

Also, I'm pretty sure you already know this but just in case, don't piss off the Instructors or any other personal inside the Academy and be prepared to work your ^-* off like everyone else and... Hmm, what am I missing.... oh yeah. You really can't shut out your emotions and thoughts from other ghosts. -_- Which means if you are going the !@#$% route with Alicia again... it might not be the best solution since everyone else would be able to hear on your own thoughts. :/

Oh, and think about your character some more... I know I am with Cynthia and it will give me an idea how my own character is gonna play out... personality wise, etc.
07/27/2013 02:25 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Perhaps maybe you could give us an example of how you could apply Empathy in combat and out of combat, you know... more or less so we can figure out how to roll with this, okay?

Um... let's see... She could fan her enemies anger as to cloud their judgment, overwhelm them with fear/terror, make them so happy that they couldn't care what's going on around them, calm people down or hype them up, etc.

07/27/2013 02:25 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
As for Self-enhancement... me and SF talked about it earlier and including a couple of others... we came to the conclusion that everyone ends up knowing how to do self-enhancement with psionics in some way or another in conjunction with their environmental suits. So.... *shrug*

To the point of super-human feats? Because that's what I had in mind for Stef.

For me this is an opportunity to give these to a fully fleshed out background, (as I assume there will be sequels...) and yes, this is going to be Alicia in her youth... I was thinking that the daughter of a major (somewhat corrupt) political/businessman would be an excellent upbringing of somebody who's a spoiled brat.

Alicia's going to be 100% attitude and trouble. And it's going to make life hell for her.
If increase strength, endurance, reflex, and speed counts as super-human feat. Yeah.

And yes and no on the sequel thing as this RP could take a few years RP wise due to how long Ghost Training is.

As for Stefan... I guess it would be possible to do more advanced enhancement. But I will say this, it can not be off the charts crazy. Like for example enhancing your endurance to take a full sniper round dead on like that without a scratch or bruise. Or enough strength to pick up a tank or etc, you see where I'm going with this? Just as an FYI that you can NOT abuse this or there will be problems.

As for Alicia... if she is a !@#$%, please by dear god keep her away from the others unless you want her thoughts to be heard by EVERY Ghost, and her emotions pretty much... plus the Academy has a strict role against it and knowing Alicia's behavior in other things (I know this is a redux of other characters)... she is not subtle at all. It's gonna end up getting several others in trouble, and it's trouble that they will not like at all and will probably blame Alicia for everything. Probably hurt her really bad and etc.

And War? Happy wouldn't help... happy is different for everyone... let's say someone is happy by killing you, butchering you to many pieces... :/ There are people like that, just saying.
Alicia had/will have a really !@#$tastic time in the ghost academy. This I already know.

07/27/2013 06:39 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Like for example enhancing your endurance to take a full sniper round dead on like that without a scratch or bruise. Or enough strength to pick up a tank or etc, you see where I'm going with this?

That sort of stuff would only be super high level with a very limited duration (15-45 seconds). I was thinking more like ignoring small arms fire at range and being stronger, faster with better reflexes than the rest of the spooks.
07/27/2013 06:44 PMPosted by Warhawk
Alicia had/will have a really !@#$tastic time in the ghost academy. This I already know.
I can't tell if it's a literal term or a non-literal term and just meaning she'll have hell of a time being able to do anything...

Eh... would be hard to ignore small arms fire depending on the small arm. Eh... plus it sounds like he would easily be able to dodge any attack through reflexes or speed. I think there should definitely be a weight limit to how much he could pick up...

Found out that the spooks don't all have to be the same age.
07/27/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Warhawk
To the point of super-human feats?

Yes 'Exceptional ghosts exist that can tear through walls, run at remarkable speeds, and leap tall obstacles.'

Also ... I suggest you keep Alicia away from Siara or Jake when she is ... excited ... otherwise you might not like what will happen ...
Ehh... right now, nothing's final. I'm still working out their personalities in my head.

I'll leave the details of Stef's Self-enhancement in SF and your's hands.