Final Stand Redux

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 13 14 15 Next
[Earth]

As the group moves, each Artemis tests the risks of uncloaking, starting with their close combat expert. When no attack came at his sudden appearance, the others followed suit, the lead Artemis beckoning to Zorra's rough location. {All clear to uncloak.}
OOC:
09/06/2013 07:26 AMPosted by TheLostMorph
Torasque

Thanks.

IC:
[Eric]
{Right...}
Trailing off, I do a careful sweep of the landing site with the aid of my visor filters...

OOC:
What is there?
I will DM this after sleep. Got a bit of the new Riddick movie on the brain too. I just watched it tonight, must say it was worth the money.
Mars

Eric, so far as he can tell, can see nothing, the creep messing with his filters and keeping him from getting a decent read on anything.

[Draco]

I growl in annoyance when I can't see anything through the creep. {You got anything?}
[Earth]
{Right ... shouldn't the zerg be swarming all over ... even in these tunnels?} I ask as I drop my cloak.
IC:
[Eric]
I shake my head;
{Nada. I say we grenade the crap out of everything and see what happens..}
Earth

{I'll admit that's somewhat worrisome. Just stay extra sharp.}

[Draco]

{Even I don't have that many grenades.} Looking around a moment, I spot an ammo dump and grin behind my helmet. {Course, with that big an explosive there, maybe we won't need them.}
[Earth]
{Of course ...} I keep moving but stay ready for anything.
Earth

As the group moves forward, the lack of Zerg continues and is becoming increasingly worrisome. The scout from earlier, who had moved up ahead of the group about three hundred meters, radios back. {Still clear. Zorra, I can see a hive from here. You got the explosives handy?}
[Earth]
{Yep.} I dash up to him reactivating my cloak just in case as I grab the rod of explosives. I aim at the hive and press the button letting the device do its thing.
Earth

As Zorra went to press the button on the device, the tentacle suddenly shivers and begins to move, knocking the team off their feet then onto the ground, knocking the tube loose and sending it bouncing towards the hive, where several Ripperlings and Hydralisks are unburrowing. As the tentacle vanishes into the darkness, a loud roar echoes through the tunnels. The lead Artemis stands up and levels his rifle with the approaching Zerg. {Looks like it's about time to go loud, ladies.}
[Earth]
{Shtako!} I grimace and scramble to the edge of the tunnel as I reach out to grab the device with my telekinesis and draw it back to me. Can't lose that device or this whole mission is scrap! I think to myself my mind guarded.
Earth

A Ripperling leaps into Zorra, knocking her further away from the device and breaking her concentration to pulling the explosives closer. One of it's clawed limbs strikes for her face, a weak point in her helmet.
IC:
I grunt giving the ammo dump a curious look;
{Huh. A little too convenient if you ask me, but I'm not arguing. Got a plan?}
[Draco]

I was already moving towards the dump, a couple of det charges in hand. {Less convenient, more overconfident. What reason would they have to think we'd slip by the front lines?}
IC:
[Eric]
{I can think of several... but instead of just blowing it up, let's see if there's anything useful inside first.}
erm ... did you miss that she recloaked?

[Earth]
I put two shots through the zergs skull and they fry the damn thing with a bit of psi-lightning. I shove it off pressing myself against the wall and once more draw the device back to me rifle ready and one of my plasma swords clutched against the barrel of my rifle.
I didn't. I'll DM why she got spotted in the morning.

Earth

The Hydralisks turn and fire at the group, most of who take cover. As Zorra follows the Artemis into cover, she realizes that the ooze from the tentacle was still sticking to her, making even her cloaked form visible to the Zerg.
erm ... she was already against the wall ...

[Earth]
I growl to myself as I put bullets into hydras while drawing the device towards me. I was also trying to figure out how to get the damn goo off as it was foiling my cloak which was bad very very bad.
[Draco]

{You've got two mikes from the moment you reach the stockpile. Move.}

Earth

Two hydralisks go down before they get smart and take cover, making one of the Artemis frown. {They didn't use to do that. Since when do Hydras take cover?}