"Invalid Installation Options."?

Technical Support
Ohhh never mind. I got the problem.
Don't mind me.
Hey MegaZergling, if you've already downloaded on another computer, you can just copy the whole StarCraft II folder from that computer to your other one.
I'm haVing the same problem I upgraded to hots in my account and still didn't work.
Hey Lance,

What specifically isn't working? Disk install? Upgrade not reflected in-game?
I'm having the same problem and im 200% pissed off because i downloaded the game and now it wont even let me sign onto battlenet. It says i have no internet connection which i obviously have. Not only tht after i just sat gherefor 6 hours downloading a 15gb game it is still telling me i need to upgrade. WTF is wrong with you blizzard?
Hey xlionsfanx,

I see you mention an internet connection issue and an upgrade issue, but are you getting the "Invalid Installation Options" error?
Hi

I have just bought the expansion pack Heart of The Swarm and get invalid installation options. I have installed on the same pc? What is HOTS??
How do I fix this please?
Hey Mendez,

"Hots" is just short for "Heart of the Swarm".

If your SC2 is fully updated to the current version (v2.1.1), then you do need to install Hots from the disk. This is because Hots is already installed; it's just locked. All you need to do is put your Hots license key into your Battlenet account and the next time you log in, Hots will be unlocked and ready to play.
ill try updatinf my account but im actually having the same problem plus now that i reloaded wings of liberty it wont update the patch haha
Hey SyNySter, I see Heart of the Swarm on your Battle.net account, so now it's just a matter of getting patched. Can you try these suggestions, and see if they help?

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
i cant put my key. what should i do? btw should i wait for optiomal settings in wol?
plz help me... when u say is fully updated to the current version (v2.1.1) u mean that i have download the optiomal?
05/06/2014 04:23 AMPosted by Psirisths
i cant put my key. what should i do? btw should i wait for optiomal settings in wol?

What do you mean you can't put your key in? Care to elaborate?

Right now I am getting a maintenance message when I try to view my account management page but once maintenance is over can you go to your account management page and click the giant green button called "enter game key" to the right of the page. That should register HotS to your account and allow you to play it.
it will not let me play Hots either i have purchased the game via store entered the authentication code and still it says i have to install when i press the icon on my desktop to play and when i press install it says the same thing invalid install options. please help because i have been trying for hours and loosing my mind.
05/14/2014 07:19 PMPosted by jkoso
it will not let me play Hots either i have purchased the game via store entered the authentication code and still it says i have to install when i press the icon on my desktop to play and when i press install it says the same thing invalid install options. please help because i have been trying for hours and loosing my mind.

Do you have enough room on your HD? If so then try this
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications
Same "Invalid installation Options" message here too. The game key has been entered already. It shows up as "Active" in my account and all I get is the Install button. When I click it I get the above message.
05/18/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Cris
Same "Invalid installation Options" message here too. The game key has been entered already. It shows up as "Active" in my account and all I get is the Install button. When I click it I get the above message.

Try reinstalling sc2/making sure there isn't anything sc2 related on your computer.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/starcraft-ii-uninstall-instructions
Hey Cris,

Are you talking about trying to install Hots from the physical disk?
Same Issue. upgraded my HOTS account like suggested but nothing works..WTF!!
Jason, I see you have the Standard Edition of Heart of the Swarm, and I've reset something in your account. Let us know if that helped.

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak