Epilogue RP Thread IV

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
[Myra]
I look down the hall not sure if it was her or not since I hadn't gotten to really meet her and hear her voice. "Is ...?"

[Jake]
I growl and nearly send a burst of electricity down the hall the voice came from. "I don't think that was her ... that or they are blocking her mind because I don't sense her down that way."

[Twins]
We frown rifles up and ready something didn't seem right about that.
[One/Flint]
I listen to the voice for a minute before shaking my head.
"That isn't right the labs are not that way but it is Leah's voice. Could be a berserker imitating her."
I sigh and look at Jake.
"Her mind is blocked it is the only way the Grouth has any chance of breaking her will. If she was able to contact any of us through the Void she would have an anchor and wouldn't break. He did the same thing with me twenty nine years ago. We keep going towards the labs for now. If she isn't there then we have a problem."

[John Jr/Ivan]
We both nod and take position behind our father as he leads further on.

[Grouth]
I turn all my attention now on Leah. The only way I could make this a success before Specimen One and his friends arrive is if I break her mental will. As I press the limits of her mental endurance a flash of emotions displays across her face. I prob through her mind trying to find every single thing I could and find the section of memories that someone had put effort into adjusting (Amanda's empath work) and start to undo every bit of it that I could.
[Jake]
I sigh and look around. "Well doing this isn't going to be any good ... honestly I suggest most of the group stays here and only a few of us take a quick jaunt through the void to the labs. Or at least let me do it. They'll have a hell of a time dealing with me." I keep pace with John Sr honestly I didn't need to stick with the group but I found it a bit wiser to do so at the moment.
IC:
[Stefan]
I grunt, collapsing the HMP3 into its AP pulse mode;
"We need to hurry, I've got a bad feeling about this. Time is not on our side here."
[One/Flint]
"I am sure they would have a hell of a time trying to deal with any of hellbent enough on leveling this damned ship Jake." I pause at another intersection. "Damn it... He is stalling us...." I growl as I search around quickly. "Right everyone hold here. Jake John your with me try to keep up." I blink forward into another hall and relay what I see around me to allow them to both blink to me. John arrives shortly after I do and brings his rifle to the ready.
"Junior I know what I've done isn't right but it isn't something to hold against me. I wasn't myself and I regret not being strong enough to hold my will against these arrogant bastards. I don't expect your forgiveness nor for you to understand, I just want you to move on. Once the Splitters are dealt with you will never have to see me again unless you want to."
[Jake]
I step through the void to the two Johns catching most of what Sr. said. I sheath my sword and place my hand on the wall searching out the electrical systems for a bit of a mental blueprint. "We shouldn't waste time talking right now ... lives are at stake and from what I saw shortly after Kaldir fell Leah isn't exactly going to be able to hold out long." I say giving both of them an 'I'm sorry for your loss' look before urging Sr. to lead on.
[Apollo]

Taking a knee, I swap out the knife and revolver for my assault rifle, hitting a button on it to release a bayonet I'd installed. Picking a hallway, I keep an eye on it, sweeping the rifle side to side. "It's too quiet..."
[One/Flint]
I nod as closing my eyes for a minute.
"The lab is this way. I can smell them...." I press forward towards the lab John right behind me.

[Grouth]
I smile evilly to myself. She was falling apart now and soon she would be under my control. I start to prep the lab devices for the quick modifications.

[Gorgarren]
I was in the hallway ahead of the main group and now that One had left them it might make them easier to fool. I saw one of them aiming a rifle down the opposite hallway as if he was expecting someone.
"Please someone help me. I can hear footsteps. Amanda is that you?"

[Ivan]
I swivel aiming down the hall where the voice came from. "Apollo I agree it is to quiet. Stefan time has been against us ever since she was abducted."
[Apollo]

Not taking chances, I pivot and fire a burst down the hallway the voice came from. I'd watched too many men fall for a mimicked voice to take risks. "I think we've company watching us."
[Gorgarren]
"Please don't shoot me. I promise I won't hurt you just please help me." I call out from behind cover in Leah's voice.
[Sylva]
Growling I send a Rip-field mine down the corridor the voice came from followed by a couple rounds. "Grr ... come out and fight us you cowards!"

[Myra]
I look around my chaingun revving but I keep the SAPD rifle and missile launcher inactive for now since they would be the most devastating to friend or foe.

[Jake]
I run full tilt using the power system and Flint Sr. as my guides. I start to reroute the power sending it places it wasn't needed but making sure it was all away from the rest of the group. I could sense a number of things overloading and frying in the lab and else where. "Flint ... let me go ahead it will save time and your daughter!"
[Apollo]

"Then step out where I can see you." I level my rifle with the place of cover and wait.
IC:
[Amanda]
I nod in agreement with Apollo:
"Do as he says Leah, and we can get the hell out of here."
I say, not trusting that voice for one minute.
[One/Flint]
"Be careful Jake when you get there give us the area layout."

I keep running towards the strongest trace of the scent was.

[Grouth]
I curse as some of the necessary lab equipment fried and quickly speed up my work. After a few moments I had finished. While she wasn't altered fully like One she would still be stronger than he. She had full control of all of her powers.
"Awaken young one it is now your time to serve."
Her eyes jolt open as she looks down towards me.
"How may I serve?"

[Gorgarren]
A holographic image of Leah appears and walks out from behind the cover as a flawless copy.
IC:
[Amanda]
Pausing for a moment, I give 'Leah' one look and shake my head;
"A hologram? Please, it's going to take more than that to fool a bunch of psychics. Come out, wherever you are, Splitter."
I say.
one last post ...

[Jake]
I step through the void coming out behind the Splitter my axe coming down at an angle on his neck and shoulder as I send Flint what I saw. I frown at Leah. "This is going to hurt isn't it?" I ask a tiny bit sarcastic and ready to render her unconscious with my abilities if needed.

[Myra]
I sniff the air searching for a scent. I knew some scents could be reproduced but I had yet to find anyone or anything that could even slightly mimic the exact scent a specific entity let out. "I still don't think it is her ... They wouldn't let her out if she is as valuable to them as Flint made us believe." I look at Amanda before back out my head hung a little bit low. "Uh yeah ... what she said too ..."
[Apollo]

Keeping my rifle level, I reach back to a pouch and draw a shredder grenade, tossing it over the cover with a little help from my limited telekinesis. "Boom, baby."

Edit-http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/9572528183 For you, War.
[Grouth]
"Destroy those who invaded our ship." I say as the axe contacts my neck. I feel its bite dulled by a barrier that Leah had set just a moment before it contacted. Breaking the bindings that held her down she stepped down then telekinetically threw the man that attacked me across the room.

[One/Flint]
I growl in anger as I blink to Jake's side to find Leah standing there ready to fight.
"Damn it..." I mutter as I am thrown into a large amount of lab equipment.

[Gorgarren]
The hologram smiles deviously before disappearing revealing a myself and two other large berserkers charging down the hall.

[Ivan]
I shout in alarm as I fire down the hall from where the three berserkers were charging at us from. I aim at one's nostrils hitting it with several rounds bringing it down fast.
More pounding steps are head as more berserkers charge down from two more adjacent halls with two in each.
[Apollo]

The shredder grenade goes off, taking out the second of the three berserkers and puts shrapnel up the back of the third as I pivot back to the right, putting several rounds into the head of one of the berserkers charging down it, downing it in time to have to avoid the second and slide the rifle back onto my back, the knife and revolver coming back out.
IC:
[Stefan]
Whirling, I snap my gun into concentrated beam mode and lay into the oncoming berserkers with a focused stream of plasma.

[Amanda]
Focusing on a single berserker, I shoot out it's eyes and switch my aim to every weak point in it's armor that I can find.