Next season 1v1 map pool

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
ALL new maps come on, those 4 are part of the problem.
or
Just give us Gwangalli Beach!!!
I mean look at it, top 3 best looking maps ever made
interesting, a smaller map pool! I like!
Replace Derelict Watcher with Newkirk or Planet S or Ravage or Naro Station... or Atlas - what ever happened to Atlas? (Edit: Very happy with the other old maps.)

Can't comment on the new maps, other than yay new maps! and what made you skip Ravage?

07/29/2013 11:33 AMPosted by iBuyWins
I can't comment on Polar Night, although I'm assuming that since it's a Korean made map for pro's it's probably got some glaring problems masked by a layer of standard lay outs to please all the Meta game hugging try hards.
hahahahahahahaha
I can't really make it out from the posted image. http://i.imgur.com/ZnQ7Qqyl.jpg Are those things on the side LoS blockers? It looks a little like Abyssal City.

As for aligning the map pools, I think that's a great idea and an obvious next step after aligning the seasons and bringing the map pools closer to ladder. I have one big concern though: Will this make it harder for mapmakers to get their maps noticed? Obviously a new GSL map has been added, and the TLMC maps might currently be taking the place of future non-blizzard additions. This policy would replace the map pools of four of the biggest independent starcraft tournaments (ladder and nasl loosely defined) with one seven-map pool. There are other venues of course. I don't know. Discuss?
yeonsu has a really classic look to it, reminds me of BW
Thank goodness better late than never. Neo Planet never should have made it to any map pools in the first place. Good riddance.
I would like to see Ravage included as well, or at least an explanation as to why the 1st and 3rd placers from the TLMC were chosen, but not 2nd, and possibly whether any other finalists could be considered.

TL Ravage thread - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409287

TLMC 1v1 finalist thread - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=416739
i want daybreak, ohana, and cloud kingdom! and i want them NOW
Isn't frost a broodwar map?
Damn, was really hoping whirlwind would be gone.
i wish xel naga should be a 1v1 map
i wish xel naga would be in 1v1
No more whirlwind, please! D:

Almost every protoss player I know has that map veto'd, it's actually the only 1v1 map I've ever done it to.
07/29/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Cerebrate
Isn't frost a broodwar map?

You're thinking of Bifrost. Frost is a new map from the TLMC.
I'll miss red city and newkirk.
No more whirlwind, please! D:

Almost every protoss player I know has that map veto'd, it's actually the only 1v1 map I've ever done it to.
honestly i don't understand the point of having 4 player FFA maps in 1v1 pools. it adds nothing to any matchup except more potential to hide bases and draw games out longer than they should last

what i actually think would be really cool is having 1v1 maps where you can actually back away from your opponent by having rear expansions
4 returning maps:

Akilion Wastes
Belshir Vestige
Derelict Watcher
Whirlwind

Excellent maps to retain.
07/29/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Waise
what i actually think would be really cool is having 1v1 maps where you can actually back away from your opponent by having rear expansions

Well I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that, sounds like a map that would become base-race city pretty quickly. Someone hits your expansion, you just go attack their main because it's closer and it falls apart from there.
I like the new maps.
Belshir Vestige
Derelict Watcher

no please for the love of God get rid of those maps and put back in Cloud Kingdom and Daybreak.
I would love to see Cloud Kingdom back. Had too many 45 min. pvz's on split map Daybreak to wish that on anyone else, and I don't mind Belshir terribly much.

If I had one wish it would be for there to be LESS maps in the pool. Every map has a dozen or so unique features that you have to get accustomed to and I find myself more annoyed learning new maps than getting excited over new possibilities.

Crux Frost: How is this not turning into split map every day?