The ULTIMATE SC2 Optimization Guide

Technical Support
!!!!! This is old, below is the link to the newer version of this. Enjoy! !!!!!
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/10195020800

NOTE, If this doesn't help you, then chances are the issue is on Blizzard's end, you can tell them about the issue at the link below. Since this thread was made, it has been revised to make it safer, better, and easier. Results may vary.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13440/

Introduction

Hey! I've been on and off in the tech support zone for a while, I've seen and helped with plenty of the common issues that come with some people's configurations and Starcraft 2. This is not a "troubleshooting thread" exactly, but does contain many fixes that can solve a wide range of issues, along with improving your SC2 performance. I'll keep it as short, sweet, and simple as possible for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread may come in handy if you...
  • Have an old computer which struggles to run Starcraft 2.
  • Have memory issues
  • Have random FPS drops or unnaturally low FPS
  • Suffer game crashing
  • Wish to push your system some more and get SC2 to run better.
  • Wish to push up your graphics for free, and at little or no cost to FPS
  • Want the game to be more responsive
  • Want to lower your ping
  • Want to do a general troubleshoot, see if any of the listed fixes will solve your issue.
  • Want higher FPS.
  • And more...
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Section 1 - Bug scrubbing and prevention.

In this section, we will go over some general troubleshooting and fixes that generally fix/prevent a wide range of issues. Skip if you want to the next section.

1. Fully update and optimize Starcraft 2 so that the update bar is 100%. Ensuring that this is done after every update does do a lot in preventing small issues here and there, don't skip it! In the launcher, go to options, then download preferences. Check "Allow quick play regardless of network speed" This will allow the game to optimize during play, it will also resume it if it did not get a chance to finish.

2. Having a problem installing a patch? In the launcher, go to options, download preferences, and try disabling peer to peer transfer. In addition, you should exit out of everything else and disable your antivirus temporarily, and maybe even your firewall. Be sure your fully connected to the internet. You can also try restarting your modem and PC, and see if that helps any. You can also try booting into safe mode with networking, this should help if anything is preventing you from updating.

3. Game crashing? If you have less than 4GB of ram, try setting your virtual memory to 4GB, but no more than 8GB. Buying more ram always helps, if your willing to spend the money.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/change-the-size-of-virtual-memory
    You want the min and max values to be the same by the way.
    It could be that your PC is over heating. Check temps with a program I'll recommend later in this thread. You can try dusting your PC out with air spray or a vacuum on blow. Other methods to reduce heat are replacing thermal paste with good aftermarket stuff, opening up the side panel during play, and buying better cooling solutions.
    Also, You should get the latest drivers for your graphics card(s). Find out what you have, and go to the manufacturers site and look for drivers. This is pretty easy to do, and chances are you'd be going to Nvidia's website, or AMD's website. It is also best to run starcraft alone, nothing running in the background. Running the game as an Admin can help sometimes.

Section 2 - Improving performance

In this section, I'll recommend some things which are guaranteed to help SC2 performance.

1. Large address aware.
    This will allow Starcraft to use up to twice as much RAM, very effective in improving low end FPS, and fixing a wide range of memory issues. Remember that to use this effectively, you should have 6GB or RAM or more. Effects may vary. Download it from the link below.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34392&d=1269231650
    Unzip and open up the executable. Once you've opened it up, follow the steps.
    Step 1, select the SC2 shortcut form your desktop.
    Step 2, check the check box
    Step 3, Save.
    Done!

2. Razer Game Booster.
    This will help on old and new systems alike, it will improve game stability and FPS. It also allows you to see your temperatures. Below is a link to the official site, no worries, it's safe.
    http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster
    Once you've installed it, open it up, it will need you to make an account, so do that, and don't forget to verify your account before attempting to log in for the fist time. Once your in the program, click add, and get the SC2 shortcut you applied Large Address Aware to on your desktop. Once you've added that, go to boost settings. Find the "Others" section, check Explorer.exe, and "launch game on game desktop". Hit apply, and you've just configured Razer Game Booster to make your game preform better. Keep in mind The settings I had you check will make it so that you can basically do nothing but Starcraft when you run it from the booster. Not to worry, Your PC will return to normal after the game closes. In order to take advantage of Razer Game Booster, you must launch the game from Razer Game Booster.

3. Unparking your cores.
    (Create a restore point before this just in case! ONLY for those with multi core CPUs. Try at your own risk, note this should be fairly safe for most people. This will effect temperatures a bit, but more so for laptop users, keep that in mind.)
    This is a tweak that will essentially keep all your cores 100% active and ready to work at all times. This is a registry tweak, but this download will make it simple for you.
    http://www.coderbag.com/Uploads/Unpark-CPU-App.zip
    Unzip it and open the program up.
    Here is a how to video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyo6H3W-vu8
    You must restart your PC before it can take effect.

NOTE: Unparking cores has been noted to cause crashes in some cases, this mainly occurs among laptop users. Luckily, any issues caused by unparking can be reverted.

4. Variable.txt edits.
    The video below shows a couple tweaks for a file in SC2 to improve FPS. Changing the bit depth to 16, which wont effect eye candy much, but yields a good performance boost, and disabling shadows for slower computers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUh_MElGgoI
    BTW, you have to manually type in bitdepth=16, it's not there by default. don't forget to save the file when you're done. Remember you have to edit the file with notepad.

5. Setting up graphics properly.
    Yeah, you may have a good GPU and all, but for some reason, your FPS is not where you'd like it. Tomshardware has determined that the CPU is the main bottleneck for this game, so setting the graphics properly can yield the best looks at the best performance. First, set models to low, this does not effect the "quality" of the models so much as it makes them less individual. It makes them all the same essentially. Chances are you wont notice the difference, so set it to low, and enjoy better FPS, and especially in big battles. Also turn other settings that use the CPU off or low. These settings, again, don't effect the overall look as much, so go ahead and turn them down. These settings include physics, which I'd set to medium or low, reflections off, and effects low-medium. This will help regardless of how good your CPU is, but will greatly help those with a decent GPU but a somewhat lacking CPU. With the other settings, set them as high as you're comfortable with. test configurations out, you can see the FPS by hovering over the menu button in game.

6. Letrix Latency Fix.
    This is a simple tweak that will change the way windows treats incoming network packets or something, basically it will cut your game ping in half, I can vouch for this. This will help allot for those on lagging connections.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/download13581-LeatrixLatencyFix
    Unzip it and run the Letrix Latency Fix application. All you have to do is click install, then you're done. You must restart your PC before it can take effect.

7. Sound Settings.
    Go into your settings, then to the sound section. Uncheck "enable reverb", then reduce the sound channels to 16 or 32. This will be hard to notice and can make a good difference with weaker CPUs.

8. Overclock your CPU and or GPU.
    Don't make me explain this, google it and do it on your own. It can help allot, and keep in mind that overclocking most any GPU is fairly easy and safe. Again, google it. MSI Afterburner is a good tool for overclocking your GPU BTW. Watch those temps as well.
    http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

8. Disable your AV while you play.
    This won't help much unless you're using a crappy AV like Norton, a resource hog.

9. Change the way the game uses your CPU.
    I know that on Nvidia cards you can changes the pre rendered frames, meaning the frames your CPU prepares before they get fully rendered by the GPU. Sorry Radeon GPU owners, I don't know how to do this for you. Right click on your desktop, click Nvidia Control Panel, once it opened, go to "manage 3D settings", in the drop down menu, find Starcraft, or add it using the same shortcut on your desktop. In the settings list, find "maximum pre-rendered frames", and set that to either 1 or 2, you might test both out and see the results, but I recommend 2. Only do this if your GPU is a 8600 or better, so GTX 530+, GTX 630+, and GTX 450+. Helps a lot for older CPUs, it will also reduce the input lag of your mouse and keyboard.

10. Power settings.
    Make sure that in your control panel, your power setting is set to high performance, or change your current plans settings. To change the settings, "click change plan settings", then
    "change advanced power settings", near the top there should be a drop down menu, try and find high performance on that, then set it to it. This may or may not help, you're just doing this to be sure, because at the high performance profile, your CPU is not limited to 50% power like it may or may not be on the other profiles.

11. Unit Preloader.
    This is a custom map that loads everything it can form the game into the RAM, this will improve your FPS and stability when you play. Just run the preloader before you start to play. They make a WoL version and a HotS version.

12. Timer Resolution.
    This will change the time in-between where the processor waits to receive a new task from probably 15ms for most, down to half a millisecond, it will help a little, and will make things seem more responsive. It may also help with micro-stuttering.
    http://www.lucashale.com/timer-resolution/
    Download the free version, unzip it, and run it, no install included. Just click the "maximum button" and downsize the window. The next time you want to use this, You will have to open it up and click maximum again, it does not save settings after you close it.

Section 3 - Further improvements.

1. Disabling Mouse Acceleration.
    Did you know that by default, Windows will speed up slow movements you make with you mouse, delay the time it take to get to a point because of acceleration, and will slow down faster mouse movements? It even has the nerve of telling you is better by calling it "enhance pointer precision". In all reality, this makes your mouse movements less consistent, and require more processing. Go ahead and disable this by going to control panel, searching mouse, clicking the result labeled "mouse" or "mouse settings", then go to the pointer options section, and un-check enhance pointer precision. Then click apply.

2. Even better graphics (high end computers only).
    By Xapti, original thread, http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/375107634#new-post

Extreme settings not available through GUI. Note, this runs EXTREMELY SLOW from what I heard, even on newer cards. The visual difference is almost ZERO in many cases, too.The major difference this does I think it make the shadows super-detailed. There's some other differences, but you don't notice them as much. I do not recommend this change to put in your variables.txt due to the performance cost compared to graphics boost.
    Add the following lines:

GraphicsOptionOverallQualityVer7 [5] = 4
    SSAO=1
    SSAOBlockerLookup=0
    SSAOOptimizedSampleDelta=1
    SSAONoiseBits=1
    SSAOEncodedDepth=0
    SSAODepthDownSample=1
    SSAOSmartBlur=1
    SSAOBlurPasses=2
    SSAOSampleCount=8
    shadowmapsize=4096
    TerrainTextureSize=4096

Trust me, it will feel awkward for at least an hour, but after you spend at least a couple days with it, it will feel much better than before, this is my personal experience, and that of many others I've read about. I tested my mouse accuracy before and after, and to say the least I got a better score.

Section 4 - Thanks
    I give credit to Me, YouTube, the Blues here, and Google.
    If you like this thread and it helped you, show your appreciation by giving this post a +1.
    I will modify this thread whenever I find something beneficial for you guys.

Duke, Volunteer Tech Support
    THIS NEARLY DOUBLED MY FPS, AND THE GAME LOOKS HARDLY DIFFERENT!
    THANK YOU!!!
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000
    I no longer suffer from low FPS in larger battles and 4v4s!
    THANK YOU!
    +1
    Hey thank's guys for supporting this thread.
    I'm going to be adding a few more things today, and hopefully I'll have to time to reorganize it so it's easier to read.
    Wow, this thing got stickied fast :O

But Thx :D I can now actually STUTTER STEP.
    Stay tuned to this thread through the week, as I'll be updating this thread with several more tips, but mainly today.
    Wow! Nice work on this Duke!
    Thanks Leviathan, I'm updating it with the revised version tomorrow.
    I'm really slow to trust when it comes to people on the internet saying "GO DOWNLOAD THIS!"

...But... Might be worth the risk...
    @Duke Hey I was getting 20-30 FPS , 3-4 Stalls and 13-16 Network spikes. I just did everything you listed and now im getting 130 FPS , 1-2 stalls and 5-6 network spikes. So overall it went from a freeze that lasted a second to a freeze that is more of a stutter now. This is all on LOW GPU settings. I just don't understand how my GPU ran WOL on ultra/extreme flawlessly and now im forced to play on LOW settings and still have a slight stutter?

My specs:

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 8/8/2013, 12:41:11
    Machine name: MIKE-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
    System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8176MB RAM
    Page File: 1797MB used, 14551MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6739)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6739&SUBSYS_200F1787&REV_00
    Display Memory: 4095 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1011 MB
    Shared Memory: 3084 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: SyncMaster SB300_S23B300B (Digital)
    Monitor Model: S23B300
    Monitor Id: SAM08AF
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1191 (English)
    Driver Version: 12.104.0.0
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/28/2013 22:37:02, 1155264 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2479-11CF-9070-0500BEC2C535}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x6739
    SubSys ID: 0x200F1787
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Driver Strong Name: oem11.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_NI:12.104.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_6739
    Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C
    Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
    D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
    DXVA-HD: Not Supported
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled

-------------
    Sound Devices
    -------------
    Description: Speakers (Razer Banshee)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: USB\VID_1532&PID_001B&REV_0100&MI_00
    Manufacturer ID: 65535
    Product ID: 65535
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: USBAUDIO.sys
    Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English)
    Date and Size: 11/20/2010 06:43:52, 109696 bytes
    Other Files:
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    HW Accel Level: Basic
    Cap Flags: 0xF1F
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
    Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
    HW Memory: 0
    Voice Management: No
    EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
    I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

Description: Speakers (VIA High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: No
    Default Voice Playback: No
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_4397&SUBSYS_18490397&REV_1000
    Manufacturer ID: 1
    Product ID: 100
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: viahduaa.sys
    Driver Version: 6.00.0001.7500 (English)
    Date and Size: 9/17/2009 19:04:18, 1250816 bytes
    Other Files:
    Driver Provider: VIA Technologies, Inc.
    HW Accel Level: Basic
    Cap Flags: 0xF1F
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
    Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
    HW Memory: 0
    Voice Management: No
    EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
    I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

---------------------
    Sound Capture Devices
    ---------------------
    Description: Microphone (Razer Banshee)
    Default Sound Capture: Yes
    Default Voice Capture: Yes
    Driver Name: USBAUDIO.sys
    Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English)
    Date and Size: 11/20/2010 06:43:52, 109696 bytes
    Cap Flags: 0x1
    Format Flags: 0xFFFFF

Description: Stereo Mix (VIA High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Capture: No
    Default Voice Capture: No

Description: Front Mic (VIA High Definition Audio)
    Default Sound Capture: No
    Default Voice Capture: No
    Also, here is a tracert to google.com if it helps any.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Mike>tracert google.com

Tracing route to google.com [74.125.226.199]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 23 ms 23 ms 29 ms cpe-24-90-136-1.nyc.res.rr.com [24.90.136.1]
    3 12 ms 12 ms 13 ms ten-0-2-1-0.nycmnys-rtr02.nyc.rr.com [24.168.135
    .205]
    4 15 ms 15 ms 17 ms bun116.nycmnytg-rtr001.nyc.rr.com [184.152.112.1
    43]
    5 18 ms 16 ms 14 ms bun6-nycmnytg-rtr002.nyc.rr.com [24.29.148.250]

6 15 ms 14 ms 11 ms 107.14.19.24
    7 11 ms 13 ms 192 ms 107.14.19.153
    8 * 71 ms 70 ms 66.109.9.118
    9 162 ms 71 ms 20 ms 209.85.255.68
    10 18 ms 16 ms 16 ms 72.14.239.250
    11 23 ms 21 ms 19 ms lga15s28-in-f7.1e100.net [74.125.226.199]

Trace complete.
    @Duke , Also this is a good video of what was happening during my gameplay. As you can see up above I have a computer that can handle sc2 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnQWFdbHFNg

Now instead of it "freezing" for a second or 2 it's "freezing" for about half a second from doing what you suggested above.
    A friends pc died after applying point 3 on section 2, anyone knows how to undo the changes the core unparking software did? he did not had a recent registry back up
    @Duke , So I disabled my network card and played in "offline mode" and the game ran smooth. I could even go back to ultra/extreme settings with no stuttering and like I said it played very very smooth. So its a network issue either on my end or blizzards. I posted a tracert up above can you tell If its coming from my end by looking at that? I also realized I have my modem and cable boxed connected to a splitter then to the wall. When I do a speed test on speakeasy.net and use New York City servers I get 55k mbps down and 5.5k mbps up. I never had an issue before HOTS and I am using the same service provider (time warner). Basically im trying to figure out if you can tell by tracert if this is on my end of blizzards since theres so many out there having the same issue as me and also I don't want to be on the phone with time warner for hrs if its not on my end. Thank you for your time!
    @NeWYork
    This seems to be on Blizzard's end, as you stated. I am aware that there are many issues that are intended to be fixed in the next update, so hopefully your problem will completely go away by then. But, you can try and check if your network card's drivers are up to date. Could be an issue with your modem.

@ ITTleeiFFel
    A friends pc died after applying point 3 on section 2, anyone knows how to undo the changes the core unparking software did? he did not had a recent registry back up

You can undo the changes the same way it with made, with the tweak. He can try a restore point, and a system repair from the OS disk if he has it. I highly doubt that unparking cores would cause this sort of thing. If he needs anymore help, just ask me.
    And what exactly do you mean by
    08/09/2013 08:04 AMPosted by liTTleeiFFel
    A friends pc died

Also, what CPU does he use?
    I added an 11th tip.
    I did most of these things and when I lag I drop to 1-2 fps..game basically gets unplayable.

I have a ASUS Laptop, AMD A6 Vision Quad Core processor, AMD Radeon HD 6520g graphics, windows 7, I have 8gb RAM. I can run Diablo 3 on ultra everything with no lag..
    I never really played WoL online but I play Hots a lot, I lag always in 2v2 and I never lag in 1v1.

Is it my laptop? Or is it Blizzards end?
    08/09/2013 12:43 PMPosted by MazdaMike
    Is it my laptop? Or is it Blizzards end?

What's the speed of your CPU? Has this always been an issue? Are you sure it's not internet related?
    To determine if it's internet related, play a 4v4 vs AI.

Also, can I get your internet speed and average ping. To find this, run 3 tests at
    http://www.speedtest.net/
    @NeWYork
    tip 11 might help you stuttering, I've just added it.
    Hello all! hope you doing good.
    May I ask for some help please? I tried some of this tricks on my notebook and it wouldnt work anymore, it just freezes..
    I downloaded the Razer game booster, but didnt get it running. Then I tryed unpacking my cores. It was all parked, I clicked on Unpark all. Some minutes later, computer freezes.. now I cant do anything.
    Later, I logged within the error proof safe mode, parked all again, but didnt get anything..
    After this, I set my pc to load the last working setting, then got the fatal error blue screen..
    It only works on the error proof mode. If anyone could give me some tips on what can I do to get my notebook to work properly it will be really appreaciated!
    -Intel core tm i3 cpu m380 2.53ghz
    Ty in advance.