Possible changes for balance test map

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 23 Next
08/14/2013 06:54 AMPosted by MithrAuder
I think the Overseer buff is good. I am confused about the Mech/Air shared upgrade; didn't they try this already in Beta and it did not work. I don't mind a small nerf to the WM splash radius in exchange to a buff to the tanks (additional damage to armored units). It is pretty simple, not sure why Blizzard is holding off.

Mech/air upgrades works because terran upgrade sky weapons vs Toss not sky armor.Now suddenly hellbats are upgraded with vikes too=balance .
Well at least =diversity for all matches vs terran
08/14/2013 06:18 AMPosted by Protostitute
Protoss players are very much aware that they have an advantage late game.

Terran players are very much aware that they have an advantage mid game.

Asymmetrical balance.

This was true in WoL. Not in Hots.

You know those fancy new things called Oracles and Mothership Cores?

Try building them and see how easy it is to harass terran midgame and defend midgame.
08/14/2013 10:33 AMPosted by RamboJeezus

Terran players are very much aware that they have an advantage mid game.

Asymmetrical balance.

This was true in WoL. Not in Hots.

You know those fancy new things called Oracles and Mothership Cores?

Try building them and see how easy it is to harass terran midgame and defend midgame.

y would it be hard to defend oracles or momma cores? you have plenty of AA by that point in the game and if you scouted you have missile turrets as well. I think oracles could use a buff simply because I never see them because they are so easy to defend
Those r terrible ideas, if ur going to give vipers full energy in morph, than I feel u should give back that amulet for te high Templars, instant warp in with storm, although I haven't played much last couple if weeks, Terran has all the tools late game to beat Protoss, 1emp and the army is destroyed!bad ideas here
we don't need overseer speed buff to contaminate barracks, you're losing tracks here.
And I agree, overseer speed doesn't help to deal with random mines. If there is an upgrade not to let overseer to be hit by ground unit (mech) in late game (tier 3 upgrade) it would be much help. random mines all over the place is not hard to do, and it's so hard to deal with.
The most random "Balance change" EVER!! No mothership core change! No swarmhost change! No widowmine change! Just... wow! Good job!
I think blizzard is making to many radial changes at once (except ovey speed boost)

Less than this? No, they need more, much more.
Although I don't understand the logic of giving Vipers full energy at birth. Ok, it shaves off about a minute before they're at maximum use, but the Viper IS the only spell caster that can gain energy at will, it seems the least in need of a free Pathogen+Moebius+Corvid+Caduceus+Behemoth super upgrade.
If they wanted to make mech viable in TvP, then why the heck is the TEMPEST only 4 supply. Like really? At least make it 6, jesus
08/13/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Qendel
I would like to see a buff to Banelings myself.

Their cuteness has been buffed, what more do you want?

Back on topic, I agree with #1 and #2, as they will definitely help diversify the match-ups. #3 is absolutely pointless, as the Viper has an ability to increase their energy faster than other casters. I would increase the rate of Consume before giving them full energy.
They're too expensive given how little damage they do to the units they counter. :p
08/14/2013 10:57 PMPosted by Adysin
They're too expensive given how little damage they do to the units they counter. :p

By this argument you would endlessly buff Vipers no matter how effective they are.

Blinding Cloud is broken against mech as it is, while less useful against other units. The ability needs rework such as a smaller flat 6.5-8 range reduction down to the minimum of melee range, but a larger radius and a short duration where the buff persists on units shortly after they leave the cloud. Something like that alone would make Vipers better while making them more reasonable against mech.
Who hired all of these incompetent retards that come up with these ideas? We want to make Mech better, but, patch after patch, we have made it worse. WTF is going on over there in the balance team's brain? How about you actually use your heads and come up with some good ideas. Don't say you are going to buff Mech, but, actually nerf it.
08/14/2013 11:52 PMPosted by WorkHorse
Who hired all of these incompetent retards that come up with these ideas? We want to make Mech better, but, patch after patch, we have made it worse. WTF is going on over there in the balance team's brain? How about you actually use your heads and come up with some good ideas. Don't say you are going to buff Mech, but, actually nerf it.

This answer made me lmao
08/15/2013 12:40 AMPosted by Drathjon
This answer made me lmao

It is somewhat ironic that between the bio tag on Hellbats (weakens Hellbats against Archons in TvP), and a number of other changes (such as adding stronger hard-counters to Siege Tanks in TvZ when Siege Tanks were not improved in combat) Blizzard has actually done this.
They continue to dance around real problems in the game and give random, nonsensical "buffs", David Kim, a Grandmaster player with all three races in Korea? Rofl...give me a break...There is no way a player at that high of a skill level would have such an insanely short sighted and myopic vision for this game.

http://www.teamliquid.net/calendar/2013/08/#event_18079

An interview with Mr. Kim himself, I really am hoping that he just totally wows me with alot of good news, at that moment I will promptly smother my words with humility sauce and eat them.

But...I'm not exactly hopeful.
where can i see the interview??
Seriously stop with the mech crap. It doesn't have to be viable in every single match up against every single unit comp. This will definitely make it more viable against toss and vipers aren't that great vs. a tankless mech comp. (i.e. hellbat, hellion, WM, thor)
Do Terran really need to be even cheaper on gas?
What if pathogen glands affects both casters?
Free full energy vipers just sounds wierd, right?

At that rate, they minus well just get rid of energy and give viper cooldowns instead
Instead of gimmicking Viper starting energy, and keeping them completely useless vs HT, why not scrap energy altogether, make the abilities cooldown based and then change Consume to allow the Viper to eat units to heal itself?

This would fix pretty much all issues Viper have, and a cooldown limitation would actually encourage zerg to make more than 3 per encounter.
I don't really think I am the whiny kind but I guess I will be attacked right away that I am only gold but... oh well.

First of all, David Kim doesn't seem to be the right guy at the right place. I understand balancing a game like SC2 must be difficult... very difficult. However the number of stupidities they have made is just ridiculous, like vortex for mothership, etc. Maybe it's time for somebody new (or old? from sc1 team).

Overspeed buff is nice and all but I don't really see a problem with it right now, and it won't really solve too many issues imho.

Vipers and T armor upgrade changes seem to be like shooting in the dark, "we don't know what to do, so we will do something, let's see how it will turn out".
Vipers are absolutely useless against MMM and therefore useless in most of ZvT. Changing the starting energy will not change that.
Zerg late game options are weak. Zerglings vs marines is a joke. WM is a huge problem. Yes, I cannot micro like pro. And why should I? I would just like that the opposing T didn't win if he is at the same level as me when he plays much worse. I cannot attack anywhere with mutas or lings cos of mines. Funnily this applies to pro games as well (are you serious that you put an accidental WM hit as no. 1 spot of WCS Aug 14? - now that sure needed a load of skill!). Totally broken mechanics. If I lose to P or Z I always know what I did wrong. If I lose to T, I almost never know... well, I do, I should be much better in micro, like twice the T, so I don't get half of my army killed to 3 mines.

Instead of these changes I would like to see some more options for late game. Zerg lack them big time. Give us more upgrades, expensive ones if necessary, so that we can trade relatively cost-efficiently with other races.