War Pigs: Origins, Discussion

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 7 8 9 15 Next
Name: Carah Krista
Primary Weapon of Choice: Needle Gun
Secondary Weapon of Choice: ?
Defining Characteristics: Calm and collected most of the time she freaks a bit when she is put into combat but is great at her job. 5'7" tall with long blonde hair. She enjoys helping others in anyway she can. Has a CMC-300 painted white with red crosses denoting she is a medic and a needle gun. Tends to wear short skirts and tight blouses when not having to wear her military or medical gear.
Backstory: She graduated from Med school and joined the Confederate Military as a Medic. She had paid her own way through school as a drug dealer and continued her business into the military. It didn't last long until her base's CO wanted a cut of the profits. She refused perhaps stupidly and several times he tried to shut her operation down but failed until he finally got her convicted for illegal activities on base and 'mal-practice' even though her record of treatments was far better than most other medical staff.
Accepted.

We needed a frickin' Medic.

---

Hey guys, sorry for my inactivity. Just got rid of my crappy computer and swapped it for an equally crappy computer.
No problem.
How does...nevermind. You're fine.
---Announcement---

Due to TheLostMorph's disappearance and his character's unexpected vital role in keeping the RP moving, I have temporarily commandeered Carah Krista until her owner returns. In this time, she is immune to death, serious injury or character development.

If the RPer wishes to recap and quote, inserting thoughts or emotions, such actions will be allowed as long as it doesn't instigate a reply from another character.
Mark, you fliggered up the War Pig's form of transport...
I did nothing. It was Natalie who saved all our hides by throwing the Silico into every overdrive imaginable.

I assume this is indeed what you meant?
No, I mean the Silico. The War Pigs used a retrofitted BC, not a frigate.
I have no clue what's going on. May I be recapped?
The War Pigs are evacuating the planet and killed a bunch of innocent miners who wouldn't cooperate because the Zerg were closing in.
Felt like a link to this should be supplied. Just sayin'...
Hahaha, are you serious? In every other RP I've linked every single thread even remotely pertaining to the one being viewed. Separatist Space had roughly fifteen links on the third post. This was the only thread which I really didn't link anything because I know nobody uses them. NOW you want me to link it?

Alas... You're probably right.

Anyways, now that this is up again, it's purpose remains. To discuss War Pigs. So, I have to ask you guys, what do you think of Natalie Ross' development? She's not done, I have a few more curveballs left to throw at her, but her "Mysterious Past" has been revealed. I'd like to know what you think.

And please... I don't think I have to tell you just how honest I want you to be. Brutally and rudely honest.
I don't do brutally or rudely. The unremembered murder, possible set up, was good. However, I think the real name reveal was a bit...premature.
The true name reveal did seem forced and somewhat, overly trusting. I feel like anyone in that kind of business would have waited a little longer to reveal something like that. The way you handled her trying to choose between names was also pretty damn good though.
01/01/2014 11:23 AMPosted by Zarkun
No, I mean the Silico. The War Pigs used a retrofitted BC, not a frigate.

Just realized, I never answered this.

Actually in the comics they use a wanderer-class vessel, which is what the Silico is. I copied the exact ship, just gave her a different name.

02/16/2014 11:20 PMPosted by Zarkun
I don't do brutally or rudely. The unremembered murder, possible set up, was good. However, I think the real name reveal was a bit...premature.

Fine, I'll settle for just honesty. But if the two must co-exist, by all means, be brutally and rudely honest if necessary.

Anyways, thanks! I meant more how I pulled it off and how Natalie is working as a character rather than just a backed up generalization of her "trope", if you will.

Really? I thought the real name reveal was perfectly timed. The emotions are there, Natalie feels comfortable around Alison. The setup is nice, they're still alone and their relationship is still feeling deep. She's just now for the first time admitting she has two identities, not just two names. She's always thought it, but for the first time really acknowledged it. I thought it flowed nicely.

EDIT-NINJA

02/16/2014 11:28 PMPosted by ShadowFury
The true name reveal did seem forced and somewhat, overly trusting. I feel like anyone in that kind of business would have waited a little longer to reveal something like that. The way you handled her trying to choose between names was also pretty damn good though.

Overly trusting? Interesting... That's possible. I suppose in my mind it wasn't, but for the reader it would be. I haven't gotten into her psychological new found trust of Alison on page yet.

Forced? Subtly, it was a little forced. I wanted to get it in now rather than waiting for their next moment next moment of intimacy.

You like that? I'm really glad somebody recognizes it, actually. I thought it was pretty good too. I patted myself on the back after I wrote it.
Just bringing this back up to the front.

Incidentally, I've had a character from Alison's past rear their head. They may be getting a character sheet soonish.

WIP

<Who do you think?!?>
Name: Eric Williams
Primary Weapon of Choice: 2 heavy gauss pistols
Secondary Weapon of Choice: 2 gauss machine pistols
Armor: Customized HE Suit, reinforced with light armor plates
Defining Characteristics: 6' 3", lanky, neatly trimmed mustacheless brown/blond goatee, slicked back heavily stylized hair dyed neon blue and green, half-a-dozen ear piercings, intense blue-green eyes, surgically elongated canines.

Backstory: Born into wealth and power as the son of a major weapons manufacturer, Eric was handed a life of luxury and constant exposure to guns; not the best of combinations. In order to stave off boredom of his teenage years, Eric began learning how to use the weapons that his father sold. Quickly moving from novice to apt practitioner, Eric continued pouring hours and hours into practicing his gunplay.

As Eric grew up, his hobbies and interests grew ever darker and more extreme. Among them was his habit of wandering the streets of Tarsonis' slums looking for trouble. As fate would have it, this is where he met Alison Chau. Through an agreement brought around by untold circumstances, Eric began supplying Alison's gang with weapons and ammunition as well as fighting with them on numerous occasions.

Time passed and things changed. The New Venice gang wars ended and Eric had more important matters to attend to, namely the management of the family business; William-Ducane Arsenals. Eric having inherited the business after the sudden and unexpected death of his father, the former CEO of the mega-corp.

Though the opening couple of years were rocky, Eric grew to be a competent manager of the company while still finding time to enjoy his vices. In more recent months with the growing power of the Sons of Korhal, Eric organized the quiet but swiftly thorough relocation of his company to Umoja before stepping down as CEO of William-Ducane Arsenals. Since then Eric Williams has not been seen in public, though he remains a major shareholder within his former company.
Awesome! That's great. Let me know when he's finished and we can begin brainstorming how to get him incorporated with the War Pigs.
I was thinking that he could be a bodyguard or gunslinger for KO's character, figured that would give him an easy entrance into the group.
And then he could decide to join because of Alison? That would be perfect.