General Discussion

1d Patch 1.22.1 notes Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors, Patch 1.22.1 has arrived. Welcome to Season 2 2018! Features and Improvements New Protoss themed ranked play rewards. S,A,B,U rank portraits and frames. Map pool update: (2) Benzene 1.1 (2) Heart Break Ridge 2.1 (3) Aztec 2.1 (4) Circuit Breakers 1.0 (4) Fighting Spirit 1.3 (4) In the Way of an Eddy 1.05 (4) Roadkill 1.13 Updated our placement algorithm to apply greater emphasis on previous season statistics. Ranks S Rank – Top 1% of players A Rank – 7% B Rank – 21% C Rank – 21% D Rank – 21% E Rank – 21% F Rank – 8% Note: For the first two weeks ranks will be MMR bucketed based on last season's data. After which we will switch to the percentage based breakdown above.Matt Sherman24 1d
Mar 26, 2017 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the StarCraft discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of StarCraft with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the StarCraft community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the forum Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The StarCraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to StarCraft The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to StarCraft, Battle.net, or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum code of conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.Traysent0 Mar 26, 2017
Oct 9 EUD Discussion Greetings all, We plan on offering high level support for EUD. The emulator does not support EUD maps that touch StarCraft graphics. An unsupported EUD map, when played, will cause the game to issue the following message: ”Sorry, this EUD map is not compatible with StarCraft Remastered.” The emulator tries to support all other maps, however, there could be cases were the EUD map exercises features that we did not account for in the emulator and hence one might get this error: “Sorry, this EUD map is not supported. Please report the map on the StarCraft forums.” cheers, -MattMatt Sherman152 Oct 9
Sep 23 1.21.3 Lobby latency bars Hi all, In our ongoing efforts to combat latency in SCR, we've revamped the custom games latency bar system to make it more meaningful for players. First, it's important to distinguish between the latency bars displayed on the game search screen vs the latency bars in the game lobby. In the game search screen, the latency bars are based on geodistance (the distance from you to the advertised game host) and therefore are very approximate. We do not show actual latency here because it would involve a lot of packets being sent to hosts and back, and would be somewhat akin to DDOSing the host. In the game lobby screen, we do show actual latency. We've revamped the system in 1.21.3. Now, the latency bars depend on which turn rate the host has selected. The meaning remains the same regardless of turn rate: 5 bars - high confidence that this player can play at selected TR on low latency 4 bars - the player should be able to play at selected TR on low latency 3 bars - the player should be able to play at selected TR on high latency 2 bars - the player should be able to play at selected TR on extra high latency 1 bar - the player is unlikely to be able to play at selected TR, or has no connectivity to you In 1.21.3, we have also rolled out our Dynamic Turn Rate system for custom games as an option. The meaning of the bars in this case are: 5 bars - the player should be able to play at TR 16 on low latency 4 bars - the player should be able to play at TR 12 on low latency 3 bars - the player should be able to play at TR 10 on high latency 2 bars - the player should be able to play at TR 8 on extra high latency 1 bar - the player cannot play at any TR on any latency It's also worth remembering that latency is a moving target - ping times can change (sometimes dramatically) during the course of a game (or even while in the lobby), which means these bars are a guide only. There's no guarantee that a player will maintain their current connection - it could get better or worse with time. Finally, and importantly, the current latency bar system only measures latency between you and the other player. StarCraft uses a networking algorithm that is optimal when all players have good connectivity to all other players. Therefore, it's incumbent on all players to make it known to the host if they have particularly poor connectivity to another player. In future we'd like to investigate elevating all latency times to the host so that the host can be properly informed.Grant Davies57 Sep 23
Sep 18 ScmDraft 2 – Creating maps since 2003 What is it: ScmDraft is an un-official map editor for StarCraft. It supports all map-making features available using the default map editor (StarEdit), but also supports additional features such as non-isometrical and extended terrain (Most common example of this is creating backwards ramps and wider ramps) which are used in most pro maps, direct sprite placement, copy+paste, brush management, extended map-debugging capabilities, and many more. I am currently in the process of finalizing the first official release in several years, ScmDraft 0.9.0. The newest alpha build is available for download here: http://www.stormcoast-fortress.net/Irregularies/ together with screenshots of the new features. This page is updated every couple of days with updated builds, as time allows. Configuration: When starting scmdraft the location of the starcraft data files should be automatically detected. If this is not the case, then click “Edit” in the profile select screen to access the profile options, and set the starcraft path in the corresponding field. To skip the profile select screen, add ‘-profile=Default’ to the shortcut used to launch ScmDraft. (Update the name of the profile as desired) System Requirements: I have not tested on anything older than Windows 7, however it is designed to run on windows XP. Other OSes: I have been told that the current version works reasonably well under WINE on Linux and MacOS, with occasional graphical glitches. Reporting bugs: In order to simplify bug reporting, please provide as many details as possible. If you run into a reproducible issue, either launch the program with the –console command line switch (e.g. via shortcut properties), or open the console from the debug menu located at the right. Include any warnings and errors which are printed to this window. If you encounter a crash, include a full dump if possible (Task manager -> process details -> scmdraft -> right click, create dump file), or include the automatically generated minidump if not. Changes between ScmDraft 0.8.0 and the current build: Vastly extended the overlay options. It is now possible to visualize the terrain height, whether terrain counts as cover (provides dodge chance), building and unit placibility, set creep to transparent, and many other settings. Visualize unit attack, detect, and vision ranges Pathfinding region display. This is what the game uses to determine a rough path from point A to point B. This tool helps resolve unusual mining and pathing behavior. Various symmetrical terrain options. Use this if you want to make a map with mirrored or rotational symmetry without creating the rough design by hand. Added new unit, unit-sprite, and pure-sprite palette windows. Reworked palette windows for doodad palette, and user-defined brush palette. Use the user-defined brushes to share predefined map chunks such as extended ramps. Reworked the tileset palette to be resizable in all modes Completely reimplemented the map settings window. Also added string filtering, multiple wav import, more… Updated the UI in general to use more modern controls. Fix player fog of war preview to take obscuring doodads into account Many many bug fixes, stability improvements, performance enhancements, and internal structural improvements. Many other minor changes. Note: Some options available in ScmDraft 2 are provided for backwards compatibility with StarCraft 1.16.1 and may not function with 1.18 / 1.19. (Such as extended player colors) Use this thread to post feedback, suggestions, and report bugs.Sinsanity300 Sep 18
Aug 24 1.22.0 hotfixes Hotfix Patch 1.22.0.4462 Notes: -Crash related to anticheat updates -Inadvertent blockage due to 1.22.0 anticheat updates. -Crash related to the retrieval of the map list on the matchmaking settings screen -Season 1 is now properly called Frontier League --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hotfix Patch 1.22.0.4466. Notes: - Our highest frequency intermittent crash. - Fix for the loading performance of portraits in the collections tab - Inability to perform Single Sign On Mac. In addition, last night we addressed an issue with match results failing to process. We are investigating whether we can retroactively apply games not processed in this outage window, but matches should be processed properly going forward. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hotfix Patch 1.22.0.4485 General -Bonjour service correctly installs again. -Fix for launching the game offline -Profile Panel - Seasons - Global Win Stats Per Race are determined more accurately. -Fix for certain player profiles not loading correctly -Performance improvements for player portraits in chat channels EUD changes: -Changes to the latency are ignored -Re-added support for address 0x005193A0 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hotfix Patch 1.22.0.4553 General • Fixed an instance causing matchmaking failures. There is still work to be done here, but this should alleviate the number of global failures. • Seasons history was not displaying maps played for certain profiles. • Updated Seasons UI to display "Wins" instead of "Your Wins" • Frontier League mmr data is now available in the Seasons UI • Added support for MMR nightly % adjustment • Added sound effect for the continue button in the news UI. Additionally, we've worked with the Discord team on resolving an incompatibility with their latest patch. If you still have problems with SCR freezing on startup, and you're using Discord, please ensure you are patched to the latest Discord version --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Maintenance Patch 1.22.0.4589 -Fixes for our pending China release. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Maintenance Patch 1.22.0.4615 -Fixes for our pending China release. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Maintenance Patch 4621. -Enables the China presale purchase in game which ends At 9:01am Friday PDT. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Maintenance patch 4625 -Ends pre-sale in China. This does not affect regions outside of China.Matt Sherman6 Aug 24
Oct 12, 2017 Ending Support for Windows XP and Vista Greetings, Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors, StarCraft Remastered will no longer support XP/Vista as of next patch. Microsoft ceased mainstream support for these versions of Windows in 2009 and 2012, respectively, but since a decent portion of our audience was still using them at the time, we continued supporting them. However, there have been three major Windows releases since Vista, and at this point, the vast majority of our audience has upgraded to one of the newer versions. StarCraft Remastered will no longer run on these older operating systems once we've ended support, so we encourage any players who are still using one of the older OSes to upgrade ASAP. Please reference the system requirements for additional support details here.Cydra0 Oct 12, 2017
9m Quality of life suggestions I was thinking about small quality of life suggestions that are easy to implement, so developers are not overworked with things people are not guaranteed to use. Option to reveal map when you win or lose Option to show control hotkeys on grid, so new players don't have to hover over the button to see/remember the hotkey A notice in the settings menu when hardware cursor is disabled on windowed or windowed fullscreen systems running Windows 10 or Windows 7 with Aero enabled, as it can produce lag and confuse uninformed users Option to automatically join a specific channel when you log in like in wLauncher, because crowded Brood War-Ko default channels make many users lag or crash Show which map you are playing on and what race your opponent is (excluding random of course) when you press the chat history button (numpad +) Option to customize the Match Found notification soundWhat do you guys think?Heart4 9m
13m Adjustable speeds during rank play I might get a lot of flak for this idea, it might seem rather heretical to diehards. Is there any chance it would be possible to impelement adjustable speed settings during ladder play? Perhaps cap it at fast speed. I'm not a young man anymore, and I definitely cannot pull the 200 APMs I used to pull back in the day. I like how Star Wars Rebellion does it where if an opponet slows down the game, the game is played at the slowest player's speed setting. I do have a recollection of playing ladder matches at the fast setting back in the day. I'm not saying cap it at fast, I'm just suggesting that speeds be adjustable. Of course, I could play custom matches at this speed, but there's no reason not to play at very fast at the very beginning of the game.PraetorPyro2 13m
8h Blizzard's games 64-bit on macOS 10.14 Next release of macOS will require all processes to be 64-bit as 32-bit won't be supported anymore. I already get warnings when starting StarCraft Remastered on macOS 10.13.4 that the game needs to be updated or it will stop working. Hopefully Blizzard has plans to push all of their games to 64-bit.Fallen8 8h
8h Load Replays from Within Multi-Player? After a tough match I like to save the replay to see what my opponent was up to. Its not a huge change, but having to go back out to the Single Player menu to load replay files is a bit of a faff. As a quality of life change, being able to load them from within Battle.net would be pretty cool, either in an update to vanilla BW or on Remastered. Thanks!Viraemia4 8h
20h 20th-Anniversary Console Reward Greetings Cerebrates, Commanders, and Executors, Yesterday we released our commemorative 20th- Anniversary console reward for StarCraft: Remastered. The feedback thus far from our forum community has been very constructive. We appreciate the support. Over the coming days we will be making some artistic adjustments and providing a snap shot or two for additional evaluation. Once again, thanks to everyone who has supported StarCraft for so long. En Taro StarCraft https://starcraft2.com/en-us/sc20Matt Sherman37 20h
1d HaHa!! It`s Funny! I`m a buyer for a virtual Blizzard pass. I Checked Consol Skin. I laughed my head off. Beacause, I know, this is all Blizzard's prank. I admire Blizzard's sense of humor. Other users may trick, but you cannot trick me. And I know you will change this consol skin to finished skin next day. HAHAHAHA!!!SoUL0 1d
1d Top vs Bottom How do I actually get it so me and my friend start beside each other? Is there no way to customize starting positions? Idk why its called top vs bottom and we are almost never together. Just playing vs AI btw.Tairon5 1d
1d Bring disconnects back to records! What was the purpose of removing the disconnects from being displayed in custom/standard records? All this does is encourage people to disconnect mid-game or near the end of the game as they are about to lose so they don't get a loss on their record. There are so many players that are so worried about their stats, that they choose to disconnect during a game (sometimes ruining games for their teammates as well), just to have no impact on their record. As an example, someone who appears to have a custom record of 235W-30L, may in reality be a record of 235W-30L-185D. Having the disconnect portion of a record added back on will discourage this heavily. I think the majority of players that are doing this would rather take the loss and have an even looking record than have an odd looking, high win/low loss/high disc. looking record. I have been playing since 1998 and there have always been players that disconnect, but its out of control now. It happens a LOT more often than it used to, and that's also with us having an online user count that's about 2% of what it used to be as well. The amount it happens now is exponential to what it used to be and this just ruins the experience.Stimaddikt7 1d
1d Please make teams section like 2vs2 3vs3. Hello, I am a Starcraft user who have played most team play like as 2vs2, 3vs3. Always, I set up a top vs bottom game. but, you know it's a hassle job to close each slot in every game. Why do I have to close each slot, when I play 2vs2, 3vs3 in game 4v4. I don't know why there are useless teams section as 7vs1 6vs2 5vs3 and so on. Please make teams section like 2vs2 3vs3. Didn't you promise to make a 2vs2 rating etc.? I also want to have function to check the race of all players when hit zero(0) in the NumLock key after game start The W-launcher program has always helped us useful the functions that are not in Starcraft, It has functions mentioned earlier. but I don't know why Blizzard blocked access to this program. It was a program that helped make it easier to play the stracraft in KOREA.TurtleShip1 1d
1d Playable with mouse only controls? I wanted to know if I can play this game with the mouse only and completely without the keyboard. I've played StarCraft 2 with the mouse only and I wanted to know if it was the same with this. Since, this is a remastered game I am not 100% sure.Canuck7 1d
1d BWCL Red-A vs NaS Starting in 15 minutes! Red-A vs NaS (Season 44 Winners vs Season 45 Winners) 1v1 Red.CadenZie vs SuGo[NaS] 1v1 Red.KuH vs beast[NaS] 1v1 Red.BesT vs Battousai[NaS] 1v1 Red.Cryoc vs DragOn[NaS] 2v2 Red.voodoodo + Red.domino vs Irish[NaS] + Quantel[NaS] Tune in over at https://www.twitch.tv/vincent4tvchrisolo1 1d
1d BWCL Red-A vs NAS - Now Today we enjoy the premium Clanwar between Red-A and NAS. 1v1 Red.CadenZie vs SuGo[NaS] 1v1 Red.KuH vs beast[NaS] 1v1 Red.BesT vs Battousai[NaS] 1v1 Red.Cryoc vs DragOn[NaS] 2v2 Red.voodoodo + Red.domino vs Irish[NaS] + Quantel[NaS] Tune in https://www.twitch.tv/vincent4tvVincent0 1d
2d Random units stop and stuck on the map bug This bug gets really annoying. Some units will just stop and stuck on the map not reacting to further commands. To get them moving you should start clicking back then forward, maybe stop, I try anything that works to keep them going. I heard about dragoon bug and on Liquipedia and there it says the bug's only relevant for ranged units, but the I get it even with zerglings from time to time. Dev team, do you know if this bug came from 1.16.1 or it's something new introduced in Remastered? I'll see if I can reproduce it and have a clean replay.BRuǂQuaD2 2d
2d On Frontier League Greetings Executors, Cerebrates, and Commanders, Thanks to everyone playing the new matchmaker; there are definite problems, but we have priority fixes incoming. Thank you also for the input to help source the bugs and your patience while we get things sorted. We want to shed some light on the situation and talk about next steps: Known Issues The system designed to verify game results is disposing of matches it should not Leaderboards do not match Season stats (caused by above) Navigating away from the Chat Channel disconnects queued players from matchmaking Matches are sometimes made against ghost players (because they navigated away from Chat) Sometimes Leaderboards slightly exaggerate a player's points (who isn't happy about having their rating pumped up by order of magnitude of a thousand?) Things In Motion We're honing in on the cause of match results not being applied - this will be a server fix that we will announce, but won't require a client update A server deploy will also fix the exaggerated score issue We have a client fix in test for disconnects from matchmaking We will be resetting the Season when these issues are resolved Hot Topics Will there be 2v2 or larger matchmaking? Yes. Timeline is dependent on getting current implementation of 1s stable and confidence in the rating system Turn rate? We are evaluating changing the turn rate, but do not have an official stance yet. Long term we would like to create a system that can adjust turn rate based on latency between players. Emphasis on long term. Cheers, Classic GamesPete Stilwell146 2d
2d When is warcraft remastered coming out? I like star craft but are remaster of every Warcraft game would be amazingNotCapTn92 2d
2d I think my time with SC is up... It's a great game, and I hope things improve, but playing this game is an unacceptable chore at this point. We all need a VPN to play vs Koreans and sometimes the games are TR24, sometimes they're TR8 on extra high latency, sometimes the game trips up the VPN and matches with another foreigner causing unplayable lag... The menu is slow, too... Joining a Brood War-Ko channel with a VPN on causes so much lag you can't even type to escape to an empty channel. I don't know why. Data downloads are always failing. Worst part? You turn off the VPN, and it's the same thing... Everything takes so long to load it's just not fun. The best way to play is without a VPN, but then queue times are several minutes instead of a few seconds and your opponent has a 500 MMR difference. I don't understand why I can play vs Koreans in eastern North Carolina with TR24, then Blizzard says the game just can't be changed to accommodate everyone. Blizzard, if Koreans are all you care about, you should know us Koreans abroad can no longer play the game we grew up with. There are a lot of us.Heart22 2d
3d CTD Every. Game. Hi, for the last 5 or so games I have crashed to the desktop every time. Sometimes within the first few minutes and sometimes towards the end of the game. This was after I took a 6 month or so break from the game. Anyone have any ideas on fixing this issue?ZeroFuqsGivn1 3d
3d StarEdit Campaign Tutorial Hello all, In April I'll have some time off, and one thing I was thinking of doing was learning StarEdit, as there's a Campaign idea I've been developing that I want to try making. I have not used StarEdit before though, so does anyone know of and can recommend a good Campaign tutorial? Videos or written is fine with me. Thanks!Juxtapose139 3d
3d Broodwar needs a balance patch *This is the THIRD time im writing this. somehow it got destroyed TWO times before. this is going to be lazier as a result Underlying presuppositions of the broodwar community: i) We can balance the game with maps ii) any patch would be undesirable My response: 1) We can and did balance through maps. It came with a sacrifice as the game became more figured out. Island maps were tossed out. Then semi island maps. Then maps without naturals. Then maps without natural gases, because toss needed them vs zerg. Then went out maps that didnt make the natural real easy, so protoss could FE and zerg could expand relatively simply against terran. then went out maps with cliffs, or dead space of any kind really, mineral oreintations in the main facing outwards exposing them to drops. Out went small maps of any kind, out went maps where zergs couldnt put down and finish a sunken colony from start to finish before a terran could reach them. out went maps that didnt have a close to secure third gas. on and on. zvt is a good example of a broken matchup. The results speak for themeselves though: roughly 50%, champions for both sides. But what is the context of all this? Terran has a plethora of early game options, defensive and offensive, they can recover and transition those options in very fluid ways. Zerg has 12 hatch into 3 hatch muta into 3 gas defilier. Terran has a lot of mid and late game options, 5 rax, tank timings, mech, mech transitions, wraith play, sk terran, battle cruisers etc. Zerg has 3 hatch muta into defiliers. In the early game, terran pulls so far ahead that if it werent for the luck of finding out how to glitch mutalisks in late 2005, zvt would be impossible. That luck allowed the necessity of a patch to be kicked down the road for years. But still, terran is massively ahead by mid game in a traditional sense, often they can be up by 50-80 supply and still cant close a game out simply because a single unit is casting a spell. Even if the results are balanced, is it good game design? That a single unit is so essential? That zerg has such weak and limited options? outside of 3 hatch muta virtually every zerg build is a shambolic mess that only exists to keep a terran honest or relies on luck: i.e 9 pool vs 14cc, or 2 hatch lurker being a virtual coin flip build. zvt might be balanced but its only in the narrow confines of fighting spirit and fighting spirit clones. any serious deviation and this already wonky and stale matchup will explode immediately. Consider: from 1999-2004 lost temple was the standard map, but during this era professional and amateurs alike played on island maps, semi island maps, concept maps of all kinds. 2004-2007 was the era of luna, the idea of a standard map entered the horizion 2007-2010: python era, standard map being fined tuned and... 2010-2018: fighting spirit and fighting spirit clones we've been on the same map pool for almost as long as it took to go from lost temple to the flash era. you cant say the game hasnt stalled when zergs have been doing the same 3 hatch muta into 3 gas defiler zvt build since late 2005. ii) Its a risk to go for a patch, but its a gambit worth taking. We've had twenty years of experience learning this game, surely as a community we've figured out a few of its key design flaws by now? The game as is, has stalled, is dying, and deserves to die. The gameplay has ceased to be strategy oriented, it is all mechanics and mechanical refinement. A patch might be risky but its worth the risk. We settled for no patch and balance through maps, we deserved better. We can do better now!Dazed26 3d
3d Looking for a SC:BW Custom Map. I believe it was called Space Empires. In this map, it works similar to Diplomacy games, where you start off as one of several nations (races in this game), and you travel around taking control of cities (planets) to earn income and fight each other. The races were: USMC (Halo), Flood (Halo), Rebel Alliance (Star Wars), The Empire (Star Wars), Gou'ad (Stargate), Humans (Battlestar Galactica), Replicators (Stargate) and Asgard (Stargate). If anyone can help me find the map, i'll be extremely thankful!MidnightB6662 3d
3d How do you disable map ping display? How do you turn off map pings being displayed? As in set the game so ping does not show up when someone does it. Can you turn map ping display off at all? If not you should be able to. It seems so often in a team games you get someone on your team who keeps doing it over, and over, and over again even if you say something. Its a massive distraction from whatever it is I am doing. I usually end up having to unally them.ThomasPaine0 3d
4d This forum is a cult. If you do not downvote this thread, then the entire world will know: You are all a cult. Just trying to start a constructive dialogue here.Lowell23 4d
4d Anyone noobs wanna play? Okay, so since this game is filled with competitive players, I decided to try find some players who are just not so very good either and just want to play for fun. Now, I'm looking into more of 1v1's to play but 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 will be fine aswell. All I'm really looking honestly, is just some fun, I'm not gonna be raging at you when I lose, I will take the loss no problem. I'm just sick of fighting pro players who pretend to be noobs and go around destroying me in a game. So, just add me and will play some games, if anyone is interested. Edit: I already have a fair bit of people who are around my skill to play with but alot of them have been absent, leading me to gather more people to our group.FieryChar19 4d
4d broodwar unable to set dragscroll speed So i bought broodwar, because i am tilted with sc2. There is no option to set drag scroll sensitivity and drag scroll speed is out of contol. Well this suck, i am so used to this, it will probably take some time to get used to play without it. I played game made wall and lings runned through :D i have no idea how to wall of in this game LOL I use dragscroll intuitiveli and carema moves to the corner, because sensitivity on this is insane and there is not option to disale this lol. I saw at beta custom hotkeys and there are none LOL. I guess i wasted 15, nice remaster no hotkey customization ... Oh there are but still not for cameras and cannot disable annoying dragsroll Wait time 300second, estimated 30...GOFAI21 4d
4d Drop Hacks I mostly play UMS, but drop hacking seems to be prevalent again from the amount of people who either drop and disconnect themselves, drop entire games, or drop with others. It even happens in lobbies with people just dropping instead of leaving. What gives?Nolidor21 4d
4d Suggest: add country flag or local CHAT Previous versions, when we log in to the Game channel (we same IP country = local channel) Please add the country channel in the tab "join channel" or add the country flag next to the nickname. https://i.imgur.com/bKBxIY8.png [img]https://i.imgur.com/bKBxIY8.png[/img]AGRIVIET1 4d
5d 20th Anniversary UI Console has disapeared i can't find 20th anniversary ui console.cautionary3 5d
6d suggestions for improving the editor it lacks a lot of functionality present in the warcraft 2 map editor, like the ability to change the range of units. then there is the trigger editor. it could really use a condition that deals with a unit being restored to full hp. maybe they could also add an option to choose what weapon a unit uses. that could possibly make starcraft more popular.andreasasp0 6d
6d Disable minimap ping display. Is there a way to disable this so I do not see it when someone does it?ThomasPaine1 6d
6d A new CoachAI has arrived ! Whats new in v3.1: - A live list of enemies units/buildings you've killed during the game. ... Main thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/533143-coach-ai-has-arrivedMoataz0 6d
6d Give me an even match up. My opponent and I always have a mmr difference 2~400 and there is only two results. I smashed them, or I got smashed. The problem is when I play ZvZ with low rank. ZvZ is affected by search and build a lot and sometimes I loss to a bit low level rank then I loss 38 lp. To recover the points I need 6 straight wins against low level players, or 3 wins against same level players. In this way, it takes too much time to get up. Until this problem is solved I'm gonna dodge all the ZvZLaCalm6 6d
6d better ai when are the new ai / computer been released? i read somewhere this is an upcoming feature i have a some questions: 1) Will i be able to load the new AI online and play with friends vs a computer? 2) How and where do you download this AI bots and how to install them? 3) Are this new AI going to work also for the campaign? 4) Are this bots made for people to train specifics? like big army encounters etc?Andy4K10 6d
6d some questions from a beginner i got some questions, can you answer some of them please? 1. what is melee game mode? 2. how can i see my ping in game (with number in ms)? 3. why when i wanted to play a game with computers, they all attacked me? looks like they was a team, i just wanted to play on a 4 player map in melee game mode. 4. one on one and free for all and melee, what is difference? thank you for answering!ProXFox4 6d
Oct 11 Sharing My Blog to the Forum (New Post pg. 3) Sharing a new Writing with the Forum (cut and paste the following link) "If Zerg were Staggered in Value but not Concept" http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/534048-if-zerg-were-staggered-in-value-but-not-concept This could be moved to blogs later "Some people say that starcraft is a game of rock paper scissors I say that zerg IS the race of rock paper scissors (Zerg is the Zen of the Trinity) There is and has always been this assumption that the game of starcraft starts out equal, but how difficult of an achievement is this when the game practically follows a golden ratio design philosophy where 1 race(protoss) is 50% different then another race(terran) and then the 3rd race(zerg) is 100% different from the other two. The fact that all 3 races start out equally in terms of values might seem balanced but the reality is most likely that it is not and that the race which is 100% different is being FORCED to be like the other two in a despicable kind of discrimination. In the forcing of starting out with the same value(400) as the other two races, it caused an imbalance of concept (start with a supply structure/unit, overlord) Imagine if you staggered the values at the start instead of the concept.... Zerg Start with 2 Hatcheries (1 at two different expo) and no Overlord = 600 Terran - Command Center and Supply Depot = 500 Protoss - Nexus and Pylon = 500 The problem here is that zerg would only start with 4 supply (2 per each hatchery) But this would be an opportunity to investigate also the proportioning of supply between hatcheries and overlords. Let's say that each overlord were to yield 6 supply instead of 8 and each hatchery were to yield 3 supply instead of 2. All this would do is stagger the supply between overlord and depot/pylon, once again showing a difference of value, but maybe it is this difference of value that has the potential to truly establish the balance of concept. So zerg would be leaning toward the production of more hatcheries and not overlords. Sounds legit... why is zerg leaning toward the production of a supply UNITS only to represent an offensive aggression that they don't really have and negating the production of additional hatchery which would be part of their play-style philosophy? So now we actually have something... a zerg that starts with 2 hatchery and 6 supply(600) and a protoss and terran that start with their main + supply structure(500). But this could actually really mess up the meta... because where are the locations of the starting supply depot and pylon going to be? Since it is complete insanity to start them off anywhere out of the player's choice, then the starting supply depot and pylon are going to start out in reserve stock to be placed anywhere and immediately completed upon placement. With this said, imagine how quickly a protoss player could rush a zerg that starts out with 2 hatcheries and no overlord, even if the zerg were to start with 6 supply. This would then lead to the idea that zerg is actually a tri-optioned race from the start and the 3 different starts that zerg could choose from would be the following.... 1. Two hatchery no overlord (600) 2. Hatchery spawning pool no overlord (500) 3. Hatchery two overlord (500) (opponent not knowing which the zerg has chosen) This would help to prevent cheese rushing, but I'm still wondering if the game would already be balanced with a zerg that starts out with two hatchery bases and no overlords with hatcheries yielding 3 supply each and overlords yielding 6 supply each and protoss and terran starting out with a reserve stock pylon or supply depot that can be immediately completed by probe or scv by mere placement. The question would be... does zerg still have a tri-direction of options or do they not? for the sake of keeping the game what it is and has always been.... It is between the two hatchery standard start, or the tri-option start that is the real controversy of zerg and the real controversy of starcraft." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Previous Blog http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/532130-proving-zerg-is-half-a-race-by-the-golden-ratio#1AtlasMeCH58 Oct 11
Oct 10 Disable map ping display?? Disable map ping function? Is there a way to make it so you do not see map ping when someone does it? It would be nice to turn map ping off or toggle it on/off so you don't have to see it when people do it. If not can you implement an option to turn map ping off? Like a "display pings" button in game options. if there is one just let me know where it is.ThomasPaine0 Oct 10
Oct 10 Run AI Script question I'm making a single player campaign. On the early levels I want to limit the tech tree. but i'm aware that the "run ai scrip @ location" like [race] campaign scripts will stop working if i disable part of the tech tree. so how do I fix this? I still want the computer to build troops and send attacks. example of what I have so far. protoss computer -builds base -> builds pylon/gateways -> trains zealots -> sends them to attack me -> builds dragoon (and that cybernectic core building) -> sends zealots + dragoons to attack me. then the computer stops training things. because i've turned off the rest of the tech tree. how do i make the computer just keeps making zealots and dragoons and nothing else?Wonderlust10 Oct 10
Oct 10 new to starcraft and i'm trying to learn how to play zerg. I have most of the stuff down but i can't for the life of me understand the termonilagy of the strategies that zerg uses. like 9 pool, 3 hatch. Are the numbers referring to the number of drones that are pulling resources? Is Hatch referring to the building or me hatching that number of zerg?Bloodrush5 Oct 10
Oct 9 BWCL Red-B vs ReV BWCL in 15 minutes! Red-B vs ReV 1v1 rOuta vs Skrik 1v1 Sea vs TheCamper 1v1 ALF vs MaytOss 1v1 Zuba vs XzOz 2v2 Darkstorm + pRedatox vs MaytOss + Skrik Tune in over at https://www.twitch.tv/vincent4tvchrisolo1 Oct 9
Oct 9 Multitask trainer map? I'm looking for my favorite SC2 training map for BW. It gives you score for: - the amount of time you wasn't building workers on not-saturated bases - the amount of time you had more than X amount of minerals unspent. - you have to control a probe being chased by a ling all the time you are doing the macro, to keep you minimap aware - you have to click on the incoming drops to kill them (you can see them on the mini map) otherwise they will devastate your economy - you have to defend against reasonable sized pushes Anything like this available for BW?Toster12 Oct 9
Oct 9 Will there be S1 portrait again? Maybe this is a stupid question. I'm just wondering if I have missed Season 1 and would like to award that Tank Portrait. Will Blizzard make it back again in the future?KorWarder0 Oct 9
Oct 9 Protoss Scout Upgrades Seeing as how the Scout is unused due to its high cost and production time, two time consuming and expensive upgrades, and cheaper alternatives, I was wondering if it was ever considered eliminating the upgrades and making them researched by default while leaving all other stats the same. Perhaps that would be enough to make it usable. Thoughts? Thanks.Creel18 Oct 9
Oct 8 StarcraftV2 "kick?"KiraroV210 Oct 8
Oct 8 Gaming on Linux. Well guys. It's definitely a thing. Please watch the video first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsgI1mkx6iw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-vG_0_F3TI So, mark my words. It might not plead to everyone, but it's definitely a thing, specially tech enthusiasts are embracing it and people will continue to do it. Look at the amount of Linux posts only in this forum: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/search?forum=22814089&q=linux&page=1 Look at the tutorials https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20754367310?page=2#post-22 There's a help thread here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20754367310?page=1 Another thread here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20753736251?page=1 Another one https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20754397130 StarCraft 2 has also been played Linux on for years too (I had been playing it on linux for some time as well.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHuviTf86rw (old video I just found, it's just Linux Mint 17 and HotS)Josue1 Oct 8