Technical Support

Feb 5 CROWDS on Twitter - Season 7 Ep25: All Good Things About half a year ago, we've begun a little experiment to tap into the potential of the playerbase to help itself when it comes to a variety of issues that may not necessarily require contact with Blizzard customer support, such as technical issues or game-related questions. A number of volunteers, experienced at Blizzard games and interested in lending a helping hand to fellow players, have signed up over the months, contributing to our efforts in seeing our players' problems resolved. This CROWDS program was a player-based support initiative that allowed volunteers to help their fellow adventurers via Twitter, using an Android-based mobile app tied to our own social media channels. This app allowed participating helpers to see and respond to tweets that were asking Blizzard for help. You can find more detailed information on CROWDS and how to use the app on our support site article. Alas, the initiative has run its course and we are preparing to lay this program to rest as we proceed to look for other ways to improve the reach and efficiency of our support. Before this curtain will close, however, we wanted to run one last season in order to give everyone a chance to assemble one last time, to make use of this tool for a few more weeks, and to have a last shot at qualifying for our rewards. No matter whether you're a veteran CROWDS helper or want to give this a try before the opportunity fades, all are welcome to subscribe to the app and help their fellow gamers! These are the rewards from which you may pick, should you manage to outshine most of your fellow participants: Hearthstone: Card Packs (x7) Heroes of the Storm: Loot Chests (x12) Overwatch: Loot Boxes (x11) StarCraft II: Co-op Commanders (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) StarCraft II: Announcers (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) NOTE: Please be aware that using protected Tweets may prevent others from viewing your responses, disqualifying you from participation. Be sure to set your Tweets to public in order to remain visible and eligible for potential rewards!Vrakthris0 Feb 5
Aug 16, 2017 Forum Guidelines & Information Welcome to the Technical Support forum for StarCraft Remastered. This forum exists to provide StarCraft Remastered players a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 8am-8pm Pacific, weekdays) and will do their best to assist you with your issue. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues at http://battle.net/support/ and if unable to locate a solution, please go ahead and create a new post regarding your issue using the guidelines below. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Bug reports should be directed to the bug report forums. Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the General Discussion forum. When requesting assistance with or discussing an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the Forum Code of Conduct and forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Eloemaz0 Aug 16, 2017
Apr 28, 2017 Windows 7 Connection Troubleshooting Greetings, We've found some players are unable to connect because TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 is disabled by default on Windows 7. Check that TLS is enabled with this guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1.1-and-tls-1.2-as-a-default-secure-protocols-in-winhttp-in-windows Cheers, Classic GamesPete Stilwell0 Apr 28, 2017
Aug 9 SC and SC:R Installation Guide. In an effort to help folks get Starcraft and Starcraft:Remastered installed and launched, I put this together as a quick checklist. If after going through it all you still have trouble with the install and/or launch, visit this troubleshooting thread for more assistance: [Link removed as page no longer exists. Simply make a new post here in the Tech Support forum] Installing/Updating the Blizzard App In order for the Starcraft install option to appear, the Blizzard App must be updated to the most recent version. If you need to install the Blizzard App, doing so will provide the most recent version. The installer can be downloaded from your account management under Games and Codes>Download Clients: https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/ If you already have the the Blizzard App installed, but there is no SC tab, log out, close the app, reopen and log in. That should prompt it to check for and install updates. If there is an update available, there will be small, blue progress bar that appears under the "Blizzard" menu button in the upper left, and when it finishes, you will be prompted to restart the app. SC:R Advertisment Once the Blizzard App is fully up to date, a new "SC" tab will appear on the left. Click it to jump to the SC page: https://postimg.cc/image/4zbgw58r3/ If this is you first time to the SC page, you will be presented with a large SC:R advertisement. Click the "X" in the upper right to close it and continue: https://postimg.cc/image/z59vaxfnz/ NOTE: The advertisement displays regardless if SC:R has been purchased or not. So if you have, don't worry, just close it out. Installing SC and SC:R NOTE: SC and SC:R are a single game client, that is, both are contained in the download. What determines if the remastered content within is unlocked is whether or not SC:R has been purchased. At this point, those familiar with the Blizzard App will find that from here forward, things work exactly the same as the other Bliz games. But for those who are not familiar, first click on the "Install" button in the bottom left, and then "Start Install" in the next window to start the installation: https://postimg.cc/image/v1rqkru6n/ Once complete, simply click the "Play" button where the "Install" button used to be. Playing Starcraft:Remastered If SC:R has been purchased then the remastered content will be available in-game. Once SC is launched and open, use the F5 key to toggle between the original and remastered content. NOTES: At the time of this post, there is a known issue where the remastered content will spontaneously toggle on and off between sessions. So if the game loads up with the original content, just use F5 to bring the remastered back up. Currently, and it's not known if it's intended or not, in order to access the Remastered content, you must have an active internet connection. UPDATE: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20759205852#post-4Leviathan23 Aug 9
Mar 15 Guidelines/What to do if needing support Hello! My name is Duke, Technical Support MVP. I do not work for Blizzard, but I do work and consult with them as far as their endeavors on and support for the forums go. As a ranking community member I am able to serve you in an official capacity as I have access to lines of communication and lots of experience in helping those in technical need. I assume at some point we will receive a blue tech from Blizzard, but for now I will act as the chief technical assistant to you here. You can also expect to see some of my counterparts here. For assistance, please include: Operating system and basic computer specs. All relevant information pertaining to your situation For simple questions, please write them out thoroughly. I am quite savvy and can assist you in a wide range of technical issues, even those not StarCraft related, though we like to keep things on that topic. I can also speak to speculation and questions you have concerning the remastered edition, as it is not out yet. For issues relating to your account, you must understand that for your own privacy and account security, we can not openly discuss much here on the forums. Should you need help outside of something you think possible to fix without intervention, most of the time you will be directed to create a support ticket. https://us.battle.net/support/en/help For bugs, please see the Bug Report forum section and specify all details and weather or not you can cause it to occur. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/22814093/ Also, google and searching the forums for similar questions usually helps. I will gladly expand this thread later to include common questions and problems should trends begin to appear. Following these simple guidelines (not rules) will help us help you best and in a timely manner. Thanks! ~DukeDuke49 Mar 15
6h THE RACE BALANCE NEEDS TO BE FAIRLY CORRECTED. Many StarCraft competitions have been held recently with the release of the Remaster. But the race that won most contests is a Terran. Terran is easily won and hardly defeated, while other races win hard and are easily defeated. It is noisy that the fan community needs an update. In this way, not only will the competitions be destroyed, but the fate of the game will soon be over. If you are truly a StarCraft developer, seriously consider an update.두마리토끼0 6h
23h cant search ranked games since today the matchmaker searches for less than a second and then it says ''An error occurred while trying to find a match. (Error 3:15) help plsp0tnik1 23h
1d An unexpected error has occured - CTD when starting Sc:R Hello, when trying to start up Starcraft Remastered it completely crashes before i can enter the game giving me the message: An unexpected error has occurred. It is a fresh install, what can I do?Myst3ryLars1 1d
1d CTD Every. Game. Hi, for the last 5 or so games I have crashed to the desktop every time. Sometimes within the first few minutes and sometimes towards the end of the game. This was after I took a 6 month or so break from the game. Anyone have any ideas on fixing this issue?ZeroFuqsGivn2 1d
1d Real Time Lighting not selectable despite GTX1070 Per the title, despite the 8GB vram on my GTX10170, my Real Time Lighting option is grayed out. It seems that it was available , and I used it, in the past, but upon checking today, it isn't anymore. It's unavailable in all 3 display modes. Is there something I'm missing?Leviathan7 1d
1d cant play starcraft Every time I try to load StarCraft, the Battle.net app closes and a screen pops up saying the app encountered an unexpected error. It has a space where I can describe what happened, and a box that say "send to Blizzard" but no actual button that say "send". I've tried running both the app and StarCraft in various compatibility modes, but nothing has worked so far.Wulfe4216 1d
2d Local Network Not Working I have two computers on a local network (both wifi) and both have firewall exceptions in place for Starcraft - all ports for TCP and UDP. Out of ~20 attempts, we have had one successful game creation broadcast. The rest of the times, the games are created on the host computer, but they never appear for the other computer on the network. I have scoured the internet for hours trying to find a solution - Please help...AbuAndrew2 2d
2d SC is NOT registering keystrokes properly Dear Blizzard Developer Team, Grant Davies, Matt Sherman, Mark Chandler, Pete Stilwell, Mickael Bohin and other Technical Support Members. I ask You to take into account the Critical bugs described below and fix it as soon as possible. Issue 1. The core cannot register fast keystrokes. This bug is more relevant to zergs. If you try to 6sh7sh8sh9sh0sh quickly, some key inputs will be missing. The only sollution is to go slower (with some delay between key inputs). Watch this video for your good understanding https://youtu.be/pY4n5N-L-Bw This critical bug must be fixed. Issue 2. Holding down the left/right mouse button completely blocks all keyboard inputs from being registered. For example: You have 3 control groups of units you want to 1a2a3a. Step 1. You press 1, you press "A", you click on the map. Step 2. You immediately press 2, but you haven't yet released your mouse from clicking on the map from step 1. This results in your 2nd control group never getting selected. What we need: when key pressed it shouldn't block mouse; when mouse pressed it shouldn't block key. Hope I bring the all above accessibly. Information was taken from Teamliquid forum.MadCatz5 2d
3d BNET KEEPS LOGGING OUT I QUIT RIP Starcraft Everyday I get logged out of battlenet while I'm in and out of game randomly. Some days I get logged out so often I have to do blizzard security checks twice in the same day. I've read many, many posts of others with similar issues and no real answers outside of Eloemaz "Support Forum Agent" from this topic that has been locked: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20759376263 His answer was: Hey Rjftmepdl, Error 6:10 means the connection was dropped. This error can be caused by several different things. May take some troubleshooting to see what is causing it in this instance. • Run the StarCraft repair tool. • Run the computer in a selective startup mode. • Please power cycle the network equipment and flush the DNS. • Wireless connections are not the most stable thing in the world. Anything from a cellphone to a microwave oven can disrupt the signal. If the computer is on a wireless connection, see if using a wired connection improves the connection • If these disconnections still happen, please post the results from a pathping and trace route. Paste the pathping and trace route into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "code" button (</>). That'll make the information much more readable. I have run the Starcraft Repair tool, I have absolutely no extra programs starting up with my computer or in the background outside of driver related programs, I have power cycled my network equipment and flushed the DNS, I am connected directly through the ethernet cable and am the only device connected as well, I have forwarded ports for Starcraft and the Blizzard App, and below is my pathping and trace route information. I still get logged out on a daily basis, multiple times a day. Tracing route to uswest.battle.net [12.129.236.19] over a maximum of 30 hops: 0 DESKTOP-BAI42JM [192.168.1.2] 1 www.routerlogin.com [192.168.1.1] 2 cm-1-acr05.cosprings.co.denver.comcast.net [96.120.12.229] 3 ae-105-rur102.cosprings.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.105.45] 4 ae-23-ar01.aurora.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.103.53] 5 be-33652-cr01.champa.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.92.129] 6 be-12021-cr02.1601milehigh.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.84.226] 7 be-12124-cr02.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.84.230] 8 be-12441-pe01.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.89.206] 9 75.149.230.162 10 cr2.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.123.16.110] 11 12.122.2.82 12 gar5.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.129.25] 13 32.130.250.8 14 32.130.250.25 15 * * * Computing statistics for 350 seconds... Source to Here This Node/Link Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address 0 DESKTOP-BAI42JM [192.168.1.2] 0/ 100 = 0% | 1 0ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% www.routerlogin.com [192.168.1.1] 0/ 100 = 0% | 2 7ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% cm-1-acr05.cosprings.co.denver.comcast.net [96.120.12.229] 0/ 100 = 0% | 3 8ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae-105-rur102.cosprings.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.105.45] 0/ 100 = 0% | 4 10ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae-23-ar01.aurora.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.103.53] 0/ 100 = 0% | 5 11ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% be-33652-cr01.champa.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.92.129] 0/ 100 = 0% | 6 11ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% be-12021-cr02.1601milehigh.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.84.226] 0/ 100 = 0% | 7 25ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% be-12124-cr02.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.84.230] 0/ 100 = 0% | 8 23ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% be-12441-pe01.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.89.206] 0/ 100 = 0% | 9 25ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 75.149.230.162 100/ 100 =100% | 10 --- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% cr2.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.123.16.110] 0/ 100 = 0% | 11 --- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% 12.122.2.82 0/ 100 = 0% | 12 --- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% gar5.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.129.25] 0/ 100 = 0% | 13 --- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% 32.130.250.8 0/ 100 = 0% | 14 --- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% 32.130.250.25 Trace complete. Tracing route to uswest.battle.net [12.129.236.17] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms www.routerlogin.com [192.168.1.1] 2 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms cm-1-acr05.cosprings.co.denver.comcast.net [96.120.12.229] 3 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms ae-105-rur102.cosprings.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.105.45] 4 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms ae-23-ar01.aurora.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.103.53] 5 10 ms 12 ms 10 ms be-33652-cr01.champa.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.92.129] 6 11 ms 12 ms 12 ms be-12021-cr02.1601milehigh.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.84.226] 7 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms be-12124-cr02.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.84.230] 8 24 ms 24 ms 23 ms be-12441-pe01.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.89.206] 9 26 ms 27 ms 27 ms 75.149.230.162 10 57 ms 55 ms 55 ms cr2.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.123.16.110] 11 54 ms 55 ms 55 ms 12.122.2.82 12 49 ms 48 ms 48 ms gar5.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.129.25] 13 50 ms 52 ms 58 ms 32.130.250.6 14 48 ms 50 ms 48 ms 32.130.250.15 15 * * * Request timed out. 16 * * * Request timed out. 17 * * * Request timed out. 18 * * * Request timed out. 19 * * * Request timed out. 20 * * * Request timed out. 21 * * * Request timed out. 22 * * * Request timed out. 23 * * * Request timed out. 24 * * * Request timed out. 25 * * * Request timed out. 26 * * * Request timed out. 27 * * * Request timed out. 28 * * * Request timed out. 29 * * * Request timed out. 30 * * * Request timed out. Trace complete. Thank you for your help, the following can be ignored as it is a rant I feel I need to share and get off my chest to other players. I have never had so much trouble staying connected to battle.net (or any other game I have ever played in my entire life) even before Brood War was released and I was connected via Netzero's free dial up service on a 33.6kb modem all the way up until the release of Remastered. It makes me sad to see so many say that they have quit playing this game because of these frustrating experiences but I cannot blame them. I have waited in game lobbies for over 20 minutes waiting for it to fill up only to get logged out as the host for no reason and have to start all over again. Frustrating experiences like this makes this game very unpleasant and almost unbearable. I have bought new cable modems and routers trying to solve this issue. I have changed router, firewall and many other settings in an attempt to solve this issue. I have been a tech for 8 years and I am still at a loss as to how I can fix this issue. I have read so many others on this forum and many other forums who have also been unable to find a solution to this problem. This leaves me to believe the only thing that can be the issue here is Blizzard's new login method they implemented with Remastered and/or possible server changes as well. If this is true than it is a helpless situation where our only options are to deal with being logged out on a daily basis or simply quit playing the game and my patience and love for this game is immense but I am near giving up and coming to terms with letting this classic game lay to rest, at least until it becomes an enjoyable experience again.Shroomz2 3d
4d Retrieving Cloud Saves To Computer The folder that stores the replays files played from cloud is. C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\Blizzard\StarCraft\Cloud\YOURBLIZZARDID\Incoming . Just in case anyone is wondering how to do this. The replays will be downloaded to that folder and after you leave the game they are automatically deleted so you should save them before exiting the game.(Not The Replay) This is regarding the Free Starcraft Brood War version , also known as Starcraft Anthology .DyssteRDuh0 4d
4d How to cloud save/transfer Existing Games? I just installed starcraft remastered over my legacy starcraft on my laptop. Then I installed starcraft remastered for the first time on my PC. How do I get my existing game save from my laptop to my pc? and then how do I get them to always sync with each other so I can continue play from either? I see the cloud option.... but I don't see how to save or retrieve from "cloud". When I'm in the game play, and i click save.. there is no cloud option, nor do i see a way from the main menu to get existing game saves into the cloud. please explain.. i'm a noob.Silvershark18 4d
Oct 15 StarCraft and iCUE Noticing a lot of frame hits in the forums, and the thing that fixed my lag problems was shutting down iCUE in the background, it doesn't seem to want to play nicely with StarCraft, will do some further testing, because I think iCUE also has an overlay option, and maybe StarCraft doesn't like overlays, will post results when I can.Neilex1 Oct 15
Oct 15 Map Editor Hello. Blizzard. I am trying to make maps but I cannot launch the map editorAztec1 Oct 15
Oct 15 map hackers current map hackers New007 cloud blizzard when are you going to stop this crap ?MAXXER1 Oct 15
Oct 15 20th Anniversary UI Console has disapeared i can't find 20th anniversary ui console.cautionary1 Oct 15
Oct 14 Rank doesn't appear in BNet menus, but does after a ladder match See images: https://imgur.com/a/r9CCV9T https://imgur.com/a/oZhFpZpTopRamen7890 Oct 14
Oct 13 Brood War Looking for the last update to brood war. Any help PLEASE.LAG724040 Oct 13
Oct 13 Starcraft on Linux With the rise of Linux/GNU in the home and gaming market, you think we could see a Linux port of Broodwar?DrScaphandre121 Oct 13
Oct 11 Starcraft Remastered LAGS in game! Starcraft Remastered lags in HD or regular graphics and in single player too. On my DXDIAG I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 Memory: 1.6 GB of Ram Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHzMightyOwl37 Oct 11
Oct 11 battle.net and options menu problem hello. i have 2 major problems. 1. when i go to multiplayer section, the ok button for battle net is grayed out like the screenshot I've uploaded here -> https://ibb.co/g0uB1k 2. when I click Options on the main menu or in-game the back screen fades as if a new dialog box will open to display but nothing happens and I have to Alt+F4 to exit game. This is my status: Patched to latest version. Did a clean uninstall and reinstall the game. Installed the latest drivers. Checked firewall. Running the game as administrator Contacted support via ticket but they asked me to post on the forums so developers can see and fix it.DarkWarrior41 Oct 11
Oct 8 (Unofficial) StarCraft Linux Support UPDATE: As of 08/03/2017 StarCraft 1.19.x is broken on Wine. Please follow the following bug report page for a possible fix or an update. https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43434 ------------------------------------------ OLD STUFF ------------------------------------------ For those who want to play 1.18.x on GNU/Linux, here are some links to help. NOTE: As of 05/16/2017, all required patches to run StarCraft are included to wine-staging release 2.8. If your distro provides a wine-staging 2.8 package (or above), you can simply install that and play the game. Arch Linux: Install the latest wine-staging (2.8 or above) from official repo. $ pacman -S wine-staging Debian, Fedora, Ubuntu, Mint: Please check the following website for installing wine-staging on your distro: https://wine-staging.com/installation.html Lutris: https://lutris.net/games/starcraft-anthology/ Play on Linux (POL) https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20754367310?page=2#post-22ironblood82 Oct 8
Oct 7 Game slows down if I click too much If I repeatedly click while controlling a unit, the game begins to lag for everyone. Is it my turn rate or something?Jaimsta0 Oct 7
Oct 7 Menu Lag I'm having a problem with SC:R where the menus all lag like crazy/take forever to load. I don't have lag issues with the game itself, only the menus. Its gotten to the point where I can't even see the map/matchup when I ladder before the game starts. Anyone know how to eliminate/reduce this problem?Enkidude1 Oct 7
Oct 7 Cannot run launcher app [mac] Cannot run installer. Download installer from this: https://battle.net/download/getInstallerForGame?version=PTR&gameProgram=STARCRAFT cannot run the launcher app : The application “StarCraft Public Test Launcher.app” can’t be opened. System Software Overview: System Version: macOS 10.12.4 (16E195) Kernel Version: Darwin 16.5.0 Hardware Overview: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 8 GBultrasnord21 Oct 7
Oct 7 Cloud saves? How do cloud saves work? I don't see any progress on my second PC. You have to create a new ID, it didn't pull any in. Gave it the same name but no saves. A little lost.McD48 Oct 7
Oct 5 Game won't Launch after 1.20 Need some help As of this patch 1.20, the game no longer launches correctly. After hitting play from the battle net app, it will change to 'launching,' a process will show up in task manager, and then it closes before the game even opens... Reinstalled the game, tried opening directly from exe file located in the SC folder, no dice. Any thoughts on this? Let me know if any specs are neededvash36 Oct 5
Oct 4 crashing in downloading settings stage hello. i get the game yesterday, first time i launched the game it was ok but after that while game is downloading settings but game freezes, it will say not responding and i can't do any thing except close it. i can enter game by clicking cancel while downloading settings but sometimes it won't work. also i can play without log in but in that time i can't go in multiplayer how can i fix it?ProXFox0 Oct 4
Oct 3 How to change to old patch? hey, guys. I have updated new patch 1.22.1, but I cant create the super map. It was shown the message cant advertised it. Can anyone tell me how to do it? or how to change the old patch 1.21.5? Thanks for help.calvin0 Oct 3
Oct 3 How to play old version hey guys. I want to experienced the old version. But i found that I can only play the remastered version. How can I play the old version after I have bought the remastered version. btw, I am not sure whether it is a technical issue. Plz forgive me if I asked in a wrong forums,pojis2 Oct 3
Sep 28 Brood War multiplayer help? I just want to play against some bots on hunters like the old days, but when I go to start a game (lan) the option to add bots and that whole menu where I choose what race to play just stays blank? Also I got a friend installing, are we able to play against bots together? -reposted from general because I think i went to the wrong boardAshRabbit1 Sep 28
Sep 28 Won't start because no OpenGL. Game won't start. Says "Unable to initialize OpenGL. Please verify that your video card drivers are up to date." They all are up to date and the best possible for my computer, which is only like a month old (got it brand new) I really love playing starcraft, and now all of a sudden I can't. I'm so close to beating the terran campaign as well, so this really irks me. I need this fixed!bearktopus4 Sep 28
Sep 28 12 gigs of RAM but no real-time lighting option. Yes, it is integrated, so it cannot "prove" to SC:R that there is more than 2 gigs available to the GPU even though there absolutely is. The only way I can think to change this is through registry edits, and I'm not sure that's a good idea to put a tag in there manually boosting the maximum available GPU RAM. The system does that on its own, taking as much RAM as it needs. I can run all sorts of other games, with more advanced lighting than this, but here we don't even have the option to turn it on and see if it works for us or not? Other posts talking about this issue are a year old, and the issue still hasn't been resolved. It doesn't make sense to not be able to click an option (one which we know our system can run) because the game doesn't THINK we have enough RAM. There's got to be a workaround solution for this. Does anyone know a way? Maybe with a command line? Something like that has got to work.Cyaron1 Sep 28
Sep 26 1.18 Opengl requirement Hi, My laptop's video (Mobile Intel 965) only supports a maximum of OpenGL 2.0. Is it the 1.18 patch that requires at least OpenGL 2.1 or just Remastered? If its the 1.18 patch, When it's live on Battle.net will I no longer be able to play due to "failed to initialize OpenGL" ?? Please tell me I wont have to quit Starcraft after 17 years because my laptop from 2008 isnt good enough to play it...... My laptop works fine for everything I use it for and I don't have the resources to upgrade. This patch will effectively be kicking me off my favorite game if OpenGL 2.1 is required to play it and it becomes live. People dont play Starcraft broodwar UMS because they have good computers. Please bear that in mind.Dankest50 Sep 26
Oct 14 Chat bug, and no dots "." in our nicknames Hi! 1. Not sure if there's anything to do or what, but at least I wanted to bring it up that I am struggeling with chat bug. Hence, there's often text that people can't see when I write it. 2. The other issue is something I have yet to receive any form of answer for yet, nor seen it answered in any other instances. It's the issue of not being able to use dots in our nicknames. I was wondering if this is permanent, or if it will be fixed? If it will be fixed, is there any estimate as to when it'll be fixed? Or if it's on the agenda? This affects our clan, as our proper tag is ".ReV", but since we can't use dots anymore, all new members have to use "-ReV" at the end of their nicknames. If it's permanent, I would much rather change the tag so that all members can have the same one. But if it is to be fixed somewhat shortly, I would of course rather wait until then. But can I please get some form of answer? I don't need a promise that it will be fixed soon or something, I just want to know - is there anything to wait for at all? Is it a bug? Is it intentional to prevent links? Anything! Thank you for all your hard work and I wish you a fine day or evening or whatever it may be when you guys read this! Sincerely, Incomplete.ReVIncomplete3 Oct 14
Sep 24 Unable to initialize OpenGl make sure graphics driver up to date Got error message after another new patch today say unable to initialize open Gl make sure graphics driver up to date. SC was working fine last night until another patch today..... I checked my drivers and not sure if dell supports my out of date computer lolKarmaBites2 Sep 24
Sep 24 Crash on startup My game is crashing on startup, never had issues before. Fresh install. The other post on the front page says a Windows update fixed it, but that didn't work for me. Here's the crash code: A2EBA02A-5773-435B-862B-D3935BE76360Madvillager1 Sep 24
Sep 23 Starcraft Remastered crashes in game I bought this and it crashes during game play. I run on windows 10 modern computer. I want my money back!DevZamorak2 Sep 23
Sep 23 Blurry graphics in HD mode I'm running SC Remastered with all the new HD options enabled aside from real time lighting, which is disabled for me, but the sprites all look really blurry and definitely not as were advertised. The only sprite that's clearly more detailed, even (or especially) after zooming in, is the pre-order command center. See below. http://i.imgur.com/tACShMc.jpg http://i.imgur.com/XgXJVif.jpg (see the contrast between the CC and SCV) And I was expecting something like this (screenshots not mine) - http://imgur.com/a/19QCv None of the options I try solve anything. I'm running Win10 64bit, Intel Core i5-7200U, 2.50GHz, 8,0GB RAM with AMD Radeon R7 M440 in 1920x1080. Any ideas what can be done, since there's no resolution options in the game?Suavek124 Sep 23
Sep 21 SC: Remastered crashes on launch Just bought the game today, saw it was on discount and picked it up. To my disappointment, it crashes immediately on launch. The error, which I've seen a lot of people encounter as well, shows the "The Application encountered an unexpected error crash" upon launching. Here's my error code: 6A017F1F-7896-44B0-B1EC-312C35DD0A7B Just to be clear, I've already done the usual troubleshooting steps: 1. Uninstalled the game completely then reinstalled 2. Uninstalled Battle.net and deleted all folders related to it then reinstalled 3. Turn off antivirus/other applications 4. Close Discord (saw that was a common issue) But none of these worked for me. Any suggestions?MarkBadong1 Sep 21
Sep 21 WINTRUST.DLL does not exist 1.18 ptr Anyone has this error when running the 1.18 ptr release? Failed to load Critical error during loading process Required library "WINTRUST.dll" does not exist I was able to stop it and make the game run on one of my PC by moving the game folder from drive D:\ to C:\Programfiles, but I cant make it work on my laptop. Both machines are running windows 7 x32, I have the wintrust.dll on system32 folder and already ran regsvr32 wintrust.dll Any help would be appreciated :)LucenFerrer15 Sep 21
Sep 20 My laptop uses the integrated gpu for SC:R Should I change it to the dedicated gpu? Is there any reason to do that? Thank youShyFX0 Sep 20
Sep 17 Games are unable to be created On US East and US West games are not showing on the game list. you can created the game but it created on a proxy and not listed. (no one joins) Please check to make sure servers are in operation.Zesty0 Sep 17
Sep 14 Game says install when it needs an update My StarCraft game is having the problem of showing install on the battle.net app when I already have the game and when I try to start it up through game files it says it's not the proper version. I don't want to have to uninstall it so I don't have to lose save files but if I have to I will.FilianShadow1 Sep 14
Sep 14 Sombra BlizzCon skin issue. Hi, I’m interested in buying the virtual ticket for BlizzCon only for the Sombra skin (on Overwatch). And people are saying that it will be available in 2019! Can someone clarify what will happen. Thanks, A Overwatch playerTrickyHunter1 Sep 14
Sep 13 Cannot open Blizzard App Yesterday I could play just fine but today Blizzard App closes when I try to open it with the following error ID: 11B30ED0-E314-4B49-A41E-77005FD28C3FStrudel2 Sep 13