Technical Support

Feb 5 CROWDS on Twitter - Season 7 Ep25: All Good Things About half a year ago, we've begun a little experiment to tap into the potential of the playerbase to help itself when it comes to a variety of issues that may not necessarily require contact with Blizzard customer support, such as technical issues or game-related questions. A number of volunteers, experienced at Blizzard games and interested in lending a helping hand to fellow players, have signed up over the months, contributing to our efforts in seeing our players' problems resolved. This CROWDS program was a player-based support initiative that allowed volunteers to help their fellow adventurers via Twitter, using an Android-based mobile app tied to our own social media channels. This app allowed participating helpers to see and respond to tweets that were asking Blizzard for help. You can find more detailed information on CROWDS and how to use the app on our support site article. Alas, the initiative has run its course and we are preparing to lay this program to rest as we proceed to look for other ways to improve the reach and efficiency of our support. Before this curtain will close, however, we wanted to run one last season in order to give everyone a chance to assemble one last time, to make use of this tool for a few more weeks, and to have a last shot at qualifying for our rewards. No matter whether you're a veteran CROWDS helper or want to give this a try before the opportunity fades, all are welcome to subscribe to the app and help their fellow gamers! These are the rewards from which you may pick, should you manage to outshine most of your fellow participants: Hearthstone: Card Packs (x7) Heroes of the Storm: Loot Chests (x12) Overwatch: Loot Boxes (x11) StarCraft II: Co-op Commanders (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) StarCraft II: Announcers (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) NOTE: Please be aware that using protected Tweets may prevent others from viewing your responses, disqualifying you from participation. Be sure to set your Tweets to public in order to remain visible and eligible for potential rewards!Vrakthris0 Feb 5
Aug 16, 2017 Forum Guidelines & Information Welcome to the Technical Support forum for StarCraft Remastered. This forum exists to provide StarCraft Remastered players a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Tech Support staff members. Blizzard Tech Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum (between 8am-8pm Pacific, weekdays) and will do their best to assist you with your issue. If you cannot resolve your issue through the forum, we recommend checking our Knowledge Center for resolutions and workarounds for common issues at http://battle.net/support/ and if unable to locate a solution, please go ahead and create a new post regarding your issue using the guidelines below. Please keep all posts on topic. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues. Bug reports should be directed to the bug report forums. Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the General Discussion forum. When requesting assistance with or discussing an issue, please create your own thread unless a topic for the issue already exists. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. To provide feedback on a ticket or customer support response you have received, please utilize the survey system built in-game or on the online ticket. We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolutions to their issues. To help do this we ask that the Forum Code of Conduct and forum guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to discussions.Eloemaz0 Aug 16, 2017
Apr 28, 2017 Windows 7 Connection Troubleshooting Greetings, We've found some players are unable to connect because TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 is disabled by default on Windows 7. Check that TLS is enabled with this guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1.1-and-tls-1.2-as-a-default-secure-protocols-in-winhttp-in-windows Cheers, Classic GamesPete Stilwell0 Apr 28, 2017
Aug 9 SC and SC:R Installation Guide. In an effort to help folks get Starcraft and Starcraft:Remastered installed and launched, I put this together as a quick checklist. If after going through it all you still have trouble with the install and/or launch, visit this troubleshooting thread for more assistance: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20758517787 Installing/Updating the Blizzard App In order for the Starcraft install option to appear, the Blizzard App must be updated to the most recent version. If you need to install the Blizzard App, doing so will provide the most recent version. The installer can be downloaded from your account management under Games and Codes>Download Clients: https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/ If you already have the the Blizzard App installed, but there is no SC tab, log out, close the app, reopen and log in. That should prompt it to check for and install updates. If there is an update available, there will be small, blue progress bar that appears under the "Blizzard" menu button in the upper left, and when it finishes, you will be prompted to restart the app. SC:R Advertisment Once the Blizzard App is fully up to date, a new "SC" tab will appear on the left. Click it to jump to the SC page: https://postimg.org/image/4zbgw58r3/ If this is you first time to the SC page, you will be presented with a large SC:R advertisement. Click the "X" in the upper right to close it and continue: https://postimg.org/image/z59vaxfnz/ NOTE: The advertisement displays regardless if SC:R has been purchased or not. So if you have, don't worry, just close it out. Installing SC and SC:R NOTE: SC and SC:R are a single game client, that is, both are contained in the download. What determines if the remastered content within is unlocked is whether or not SC:R has been purchased. At this point, those familiar with the Blizzard App will find that from here forward, things work exactly the same as the other Bliz games. But for those who are not familiar, first click on the "Install" button in the bottom left, and then "Start Install" in the next window to start the installation: https://postimg.org/image/v1rqkru6n/ Once complete, simply click the "Play" button where the "Install" button used to be. Playing Starcraft:Remastered If SC:R has been purchased then the remastered content will be available in-game. Once SC is launched and open, use the F5 key to toggle between the original and remastered content. NOTES: At the time of this post, there is a known issue where the remastered content will spontaneously toggle on and off between sessions. So if the game loads up with the original content, just use F5 to bring the remastered back up. Currently, and it's not known if it's intended or not, in order to access the Remastered content, you must have an active internet connection. UPDATE: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20759205852#post-4Leviathan23 Aug 9
Mar 15 Guidelines/What to do if needing support Hello! My name is Duke, Technical Support MVP. I do not work for Blizzard, but I do work and consult with them as far as their endeavors on and support for the forums go. As a ranking community member I am able to serve you in an official capacity as I have access to lines of communication and lots of experience in helping those in technical need. I assume at some point we will receive a blue tech from Blizzard, but for now I will act as the chief technical assistant to you here. You can also expect to see some of my counterparts here. For assistance, please include: Operating system and basic computer specs. All relevant information pertaining to your situation For simple questions, please write them out thoroughly. I am quite savvy and can assist you in a wide range of technical issues, even those not StarCraft related, though we like to keep things on that topic. I can also speak to speculation and questions you have concerning the remastered edition, as it is not out yet. For issues relating to your account, you must understand that for your own privacy and account security, we can not openly discuss much here on the forums. Should you need help outside of something you think possible to fix without intervention, most of the time you will be directed to create a support ticket. https://us.battle.net/support/en/help For bugs, please see the Bug Report forum section and specify all details and weather or not you can cause it to occur. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/22814093/ Also, google and searching the forums for similar questions usually helps. I will gladly expand this thread later to include common questions and problems should trends begin to appear. Following these simple guidelines (not rules) will help us help you best and in a timely manner. Thanks! ~DukeDuke49 Mar 15
17h Cant login to Starcraft original I have had the account WheatThins for years and years since the old game was out and now it says there is already an account with that name but yet it wont let me log on. ive had the account name on every server including Starcraft 2, and am wondering why i cant log in with my name when i have done it before *recently*WheatThins0 17h
18h FAILED TO CONNECT CLASSIC SERVER ERROR 3:10 FAILED TO CONNECT CLASSIC SERVER ERROR 3:10 error even thought I have internet working fine.saviior4 18h
1d Error 6:3 When trying to connect to the servers, it shows me the error 6:3 or 6:9. I know that mostly all of you know this issue, but someone can compilate them in one only topic? like a FAQ. THanksSaiNT104 1d
1d cant play starcraft Every time I try to load StarCraft, the Battle.net app closes and a screen pops up saying the app encountered an unexpected error. It has a space where I can describe what happened, and a box that say "send to Blizzard" but no actual button that say "send". I've tried running both the app and StarCraft in various compatibility modes, but nothing has worked so far.Wulfe4213 1d
2d setup isn't a valid Win32 application Hi everybody. I've just downloaded the new setup, and when i tried to install the game, i had an error (my windowd is in french so my translation of the error is approximate) saying "Starcraft setup isn't a valid Win32 application". What to do to solve this issue? FYI : i'm running on W7 64bits Thx for your help.Yevgi4 2d
3d StarCraft Remastered won't boot up properly It seems that my SC:R wont load. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, updated my drivers and even did a repair scan but couldn't find any of the causes of why the game is constantly freezing. the video feed of the Blizzard Logo freezes while the audio continues then ends, its stuck like that and I even try to press ESC to skip it but it won't let me. I click around and it says SC:R has stopped working and I have to forcibly close it... I'm honestly unsure what my issue is. any help would be great. I'll put my DxDiag in a separate post below.Supermaraude2 3d
3d StarCraft Remastered freezing on load Hey I'm having trouble getting the game to start at all. It was freezing on the loading splash screen, so I tried reinstalling it, and now it won't go past the Blizzard logo without freezing and crashing. My laptop specs are: Intel Core i5 (7th Gen) 7300HQ / 2.5 GHz Quad Core 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 4 GB Windows 10 Home Edition, 64-bitPitchblende3 3d
3d Cant connect to battle,net Broodwar Single player works, and yes i am i connected to the internet, but when I i click multiplayer, then battle,net OR local area network, the 'ok' button for battle.net is grayed out!?Crizzle0 3d
3d Starcraft Remaster will not log into battle.net SC Remastered can't play. I can load up the game completely fine. When I get to select to go into battle.net it doesn't work. It Only gives me the option to play a LAN game. I have updated and re-installed the game. My internet connection is 100% connected. ThanksMopain4u1 3d
4d void Thrasher co-op victory bug Void thrasher will not engage victory message when we killed all the thrasher and all bonus mission. I have the replay saved, how do I report and send it?Gigatergar1 4d
4d Bonjour Fail Bonjour won't work. Any ideas, it always fails... Can't play any PVP....MrMagoo0 4d
5d The application encountered an unexpected error. The application encountered an unexpected error. To help us identify the problem, please describe what you were doing when the error occurred. Please use the Report ID below when communicating with Blizzard about this issue. F09ADE23-20A7-41D8-A05E-19FBCD33641CSneakyTurtle8 5d
5d game wont let me make a profile im trying to use stuffedtiger as my profile name, but it says that profile already exists, please try a different name or realm. i own the classic battle.net account stuffedtiger on west. why wont it let me make a profile? edit: i used to have the profile stuffedtiger, but deleted it. can i not remake the same profile name?stuffedtiger0 5d
5d SC:R won't load Downloaded SC:R to my new computer twice now and the game won't load. I get into the blizzard app fine but when i hit play I get this message: https://imgur.com/a/ZGPjK2x Not really sure what to doPbplays4 5d
5d Install Error BLZBNTBTS0000004A Been playing starcraft for years. Tried to download the new patch, and this error comes up. "something went wrong while downloading a required update" I uninstalled starcraft and then attempted a reinstall, and the same thing happened.ForTe20 5d
5d Mouse Drag Issues Everytime I try to drag and select a group of units, my mouse just stops. I have to then make a secondary movement to get the mouse moving again... Please check into this issue. I am currently using a macbook pro High Sierra 10.13.2 I bought this game like 3 days ago, and haven't been able to play it on my laptop.. Kind RegardsRadlife4200 5d
6d Remaster won't load I tried starting up remastered this morning but the game won't load for some reason. It was perfectly fine two days ago. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game as well as battle.net but it still wont loadCondensation14 6d
Aug 10 Blurry graphics in HD mode I'm running SC Remastered with all the new HD options enabled aside from real time lighting, which is disabled for me, but the sprites all look really blurry and definitely not as were advertised. The only sprite that's clearly more detailed, even (or especially) after zooming in, is the pre-order command center. See below. http://i.imgur.com/tACShMc.jpg http://i.imgur.com/XgXJVif.jpg (see the contrast between the CC and SCV) And I was expecting something like this (screenshots not mine) - http://imgur.com/a/19QCv None of the options I try solve anything. I'm running Win10 64bit, Intel Core i5-7200U, 2.50GHz, 8,0GB RAM with AMD Radeon R7 M440 in 1920x1080. Any ideas what can be done, since there's no resolution options in the game?Suavek121 Aug 10
Aug 9 ranked not working Is the MM system integrated yet? it says an "error occurred when trying to find a match" when i try to queue up in Ranked model33792 Aug 9
Aug 7 OS X: Erratic mouse behaviour in SC:R My USB mouse works perfectly in desktop and other apps, but it's unusable in Starcraft Remastered. When I move the mouse, the cursor stays in place and wobbles. I can sometimes move it around in violent motions, but there's no accuracy and it usually returns to wobbling in a different spot. If I move the mouse very slowly it seems to move as expected, but anything faster causes the behaviour described above. I've played with mouse sensitivity, mouse scaling, and hardware cursor in game, but haven't noticed any improvement. The trackpad functions as expected in game, but obviously I don't want to play the game that way. I'm using a Logitech G400 optical wired mouse. I did have Smoothmouse installed, but disabled. I've now uninstalled it, but it didn't solve the problem. Furthermore, when I do start a game, the graphics don't seem to be as high resolution as I've seen in screenshots. However that's another issue. OS X 10.12.6 MacBook 12", retina, early 2015 1.3 GHz Intel Core M 8GB RAM Intel HD Graphics 5300 1536MBZeroGravitas80 Aug 7
Aug 6 SC Remastered doesn't load Hi, since the last patch (1.22) the Remastered edition doesn't load. Every time I enter the game, it opens the classic edition and I can't set the HD graphics on the options menu.GabsNarkev10 Aug 6
Aug 6 Mac Save Files & Character Hi, can anyone tell me where the Character & the save files are stored on the MAC version? (MAC OS 10.11) Can i use my old Windows Save Games for the new Mac version (1.18b)?RobsiRobs10 Aug 6
Aug 6 Everytime a popup appears about bonjour service When I try to connect battle.net, everytime a popup("Bonjour is required for full LAN functionality. ...") appears. Even if I try to activate the Bonjour service, always it fails with a popup("Failed to activate the Bonjour service.") So, how can I stop appearing the popup.. Please, help me.Nathaniel5 Aug 6
Aug 5 Battlenet keeps logging me out Hi, problem is as title states - whenever i try to play games in battle net, i keep getting logged out. Whenever i try to join games it says the game creator closed all slots and wont let me join any games as well. The logging out doesnt really seem to have any pattern to it, sometimes it happens when i enter battle net, sometimes when i join queue for ranked, i don't know what causes it, but i havent been able to play a single game online. single player works perfectly fine.Rjftmepdl11 Aug 5
Aug 5 wins 0 loses 0 on /stats and numpad 0 when i use the command /stats my profile always says wins: 0 and loses: 0 disconnect: 0 also when i press the Numpad 0 at the start of a game all the stats of anyone i play are always 0, is this only happening to me? how can fix it?Awaiting0 Aug 5
Aug 5 Display doesn't support Full HD My Display doesn't support Full HD How can i change the screen resolution to 1360*768?Kasperl0 Aug 5
Aug 5 Do I need to buy Starcraft:Remastered to use new cliffs? Why I cannot even see them in the latest SCM draft 2 build?Oviy0 Aug 5
Aug 4 You have been logged out I keep getting this message and booted out a few minutes after logging into the client. Win10, no issues with connectivity in other Blizzard games.BlueShiftOne21 Aug 4
Aug 3 Turn off allied back stabbing... Once game starts..there should be no options to 'un-ally' Too many people pad their stats towards the end of the game un-allying. Makes it not fun to play.Tanarus8 Aug 3
Aug 2 Starcraft Remastered LAGS in game! Starcraft Remastered lags in HD or regular graphics and in single player too. On my DXDIAG I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 Memory: 1.6 GB of Ram Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20 GHzMightyOwl35 Aug 2
Aug 2 Mouse Jitters During Gameplay As described in the Reddit post at https://reddit.com/r/broodwar/comments/6toxf3/mouse_issues_in_starcraft_remastered/dlq4sms/, StarCraft: Remastered is all but unplayable due to the mouse jittering (or jumping around) only while games are in progress (not on menu screens or anywhere else in the OS). I've tried different mice (connected different ways), different surfaces, and various settings (Vsync on and off; fullscreen, windowed; mouse sensitivity on and off; mouse scaling on and off; and hardware cursor on and off). Current version is 1.20.7 on macOS.sidragon10 Aug 2
Aug 1 Can't launch the game Everytime I click the Play button, it will say Launching (game running) , then Playing Now, then it returns into the Play button again. BTW I'm using Windows 7LOLje37 Aug 1
Aug 1 Battle.net crashed - can't login All profiles are gone and players online dropping radicallyAginor4 Aug 1
Jul 31 Cannot create character I cannot get into the game because I am getting repeat errors at the create character screen. File error creating new character. Make sure there is enough disk space on the disk StarCraft is installed to, and that you have permission to write to that disk. I know this was an error previously that required a reinstall but how do you fix it for the PTR?Jeffernason21 Jul 31
Jul 31 Starcraft Crashes I'm running Starcraft on Windows 10 and it crashes every few minutes. How can I fix that? Is there a patch that works.GiantAxe21 Jul 31
Jul 31 Game Adjusting Itself to Windowed Mode Greetings Blizzard Entertainment, I fired up StarCraft: Remastered for the first time since Thursday evening, and an odd bug is happening: Whenever I launch the game, which I have set to "Fullscreen," it immediately adjusts itself to a windowed view. The Remastered loading splash screen pops up in proper Full Screen, and after a few seconds it adjusts itself to windowed. I go to Options>Video, and it still says Fullscreen however. Re-selecting Fullscreen seems to correct it for this play session, but once I Exit the game and re-start it, the issue re-occurs. Note on Friday evening I did update my nVidia Drivers to the current 391.24 version. Any suggestions? Thanks!Juxtapose39 Jul 31
Jul 30 REPLAY storage is strange. REPLAY storage is strange. Two out of ten occur. Please make improvements in the next update. Attach the broken REPLAY. See REPLAY, which is broken when making improvements. The reason I think. 1) Game time is long 2) There are many units produced in the game. please answer about my question. ATTACH LINK1 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EFr-PGaSldklmbh8GKix8r3SNC-dtKkV ATTACH LINK2 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rYTJ48iCwxeJPWgO_lT9ZzzvlmOOP2si근성물리0 Jul 30
Jul 30 Can't Create New ID Hi, whenever I create a New ID in game, or for battle.net, i get the following error: File error creating new character. Make sure there is enough disk space on the disk StarCraft is installed to, and that you have permission to write to that disk. Anyone else had this/have a solution?BruceC3 Jul 30
Jul 30 Ladder wins unaccounted for Hi, I won all my placement matches (with great difficulty!) but my record shows as 3-0. I'm not entirely sure if I'm supposed to report this problem or if Blizzard is working on addressing this issue. Thanks, oxtQoxtQ1 Jul 30
Jul 29 HELP!! Can't Host!! HELP!!! Every time I host an online game, it boots everyone at the start of the game!! However, I have no problem joining games. I want to be able to host and play all of my favorite classic UMS games!!!SpeedyRogue0 Jul 29
Jul 29 Why do you block Wlauncher.dll file? Why do you block Wlauncher.dll file? This file is no longer compatible with the program. I can not use it anymore, so I feel a bit uncomfortable. Wlauncher is a light for dark ages(sorting Maphacker) and Follow a friend, view the all team's races(including random) in the game despite cannot check for starting 5seconds, view the Ping rate, etc. there are many features., but you do patch,prohibit wlauncher. the producer does not service anymore, and I am really disappointed blizzard. korea technical support is bad. Late reply and They ignore question&asking.화성으로가리0 Jul 29
Jul 29 Btnet app update error and BONJOUR the Btnet APP keeps showing me an update but when i click it comes back again, and again, and again FOREVER i tried deleting the app file, reinstalling etc, not working !!! every time i open remastered there is an update, always an update. Also i always press OK on the bonjour thing ALWAYS !!!! why is always asking me always, always, always !!! please fix this, it is going to be already a year since release.notme5 Jul 29
Jul 29 Are Mac users Doomed? are mac user able to still play battlenet on broodwar? i want to buy the remastered but if this problem continues why should i buy it?SanJose1 Jul 29
Jul 27 SC is NOT registering keystrokes properly Dear Blizzard Developer Team, Grant Davies, Matt Sherman, Mark Chandler, Pete Stilwell, Mickael Bohin and other Technical Support Members. I ask You to take into account the Critical bugs described below and fix it as soon as possible. Issue 1. The core cannot register fast keystrokes. This bug is more relevant to zergs. If you try to 6sh7sh8sh9sh0sh quickly, some key inputs will be missing. The only sollution is to go slower (with some delay between key inputs). Watch this video for your good understanding https://youtu.be/pY4n5N-L-Bw This critical bug must be fixed. Issue 2. Holding down the left/right mouse button completely blocks all keyboard inputs from being registered. For example: You have 3 control groups of units you want to 1a2a3a. Step 1. You press 1, you press "A", you click on the map. Step 2. You immediately press 2, but you haven't yet released your mouse from clicking on the map from step 1. This results in your 2nd control group never getting selected. What we need: when key pressed it shouldn't block mouse; when mouse pressed it shouldn't block key. Hope I bring the all above accessibly. Information was taken from Teamliquid forum.MadCatz4 Jul 27
Jul 27 crash at launch "unexpected error" whenever i click the play button it sais running game i get this error then the play button goes back to play instead of it saying running game.... it crashes at launch i cant get it to startup at all "unexpected error" EFBD99EF-A178-42D1-B89D-AFDD0E3C895F region: americas/usa pc specs os windows 10 64bit sapphire rx 580 8gb gpu 16gb ram (8gb each x2) i7 7700k cpu 500gb crucial solidstate asrock b250 fatality gaming k4 motherboardstrangedust1 Jul 27