Map editor WILL be improved after remaster

General Discussion
Courtesy of google translate:
"We wanted to implement the lamp [ramp I think] in 12 different angles. There are a lot of map editors and exchanges, but I am worried about lamps [ramps] and implementing custom lamps [ramps]. We plan to localize it as a map editor. I am sharing various information with SCM Draft 2, and I am trying to expand this function. I think that there are lots of creativity in the case of custom maps. We will provide support for custom maps, but the map we have to give up in the remaster was EUD maps. I have an abuse case. I thought this would cause security problems for the player. I am still thinking about how to proceed with the support of community users and maps. I think EUD maps have a lot of problems right now. Usage maps will be compatible and implemented immediately after the remaster update."

Source: Q&A session from http://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=6935865&memberNo=22031991

So in summary...
1. Map editor will incorporate/expand features of SCM Draft 2
2. EUD maps wont be supported because of security issues
3. Support for custom maps will be given after remaster
Will they use user created maps for ladder like they do with sc2?
03/27/2017 03:46 PMPosted by Candy
Will they use user created maps for ladder like they do with sc2?
The very reason why BW became a stable and balanced game is because of community made maps.

I think the elephant in the room here, is how will blizzard deal with things such as map pool cycling, that is such a vital thing on a old game like BW, I can't but be concerned that they might want to leave the official server with the same stale map pool for years on end like they did with WC3, or like they were doing at the start of SC2m or even right now, WoL and HotS haven't had a Map Pool update ever since they stopped being the "official" SC2.

The Classic Games DevTeam all sound like incredible people, hope they have got these things sorted out, if not, then issues are certain to pop-up down the line.
This is excellent news! As a fan, who spent a large chunk of my time on SCBW map editors (SCM Draft 2, StarForge 2.2), I would love to see more support for UMS options, as well (although, I'm not sure how that would affect F2P Brood War players).

My only ask is that the game devs retain the simplicity of the current SCBW map editors. I always loved the 'Triggers' functionality. Since I am not skilled at scripting/programming, I had a hard time using the StarCraft II map editor. The SCBW map editors were simple, but gave fans a lot of room for creativity.

(I always thought that the scope of the SCII map editor was so large that Arcade games were often way too complex. I've always enjoyed the simplicity of SCBW UMS games.)
EUDs aren't a security problem: they merely read data, not write it.
03/29/2017 03:43 PMPosted by Sacrieur

There have been EUD maps that cause computer to crash to blue screens
The current broodwar editor is pretty limited in what you can do with it. Hope it gets expanded while at the same time not changing or complicating the existing trigger functions.
I really hope this is true.
I wonder if Fish will continue to support 1.16.1 for EUD maps, or if people wishing to still play them will have to resort to another server like iCCup.
We definitely need a better editor
Warcraft III TfT style!
Please make Mac map editor for Starcraft.
I think an improved map editor is a must and will bring a lot of good stuff to SC:R
03/29/2017 03:44 PMPosted by Treason
03/29/2017 03:43 PMPosted by Sacrieur

These exploit bugs in the operating system itself, an EUD map should have no way to crash the system unless the user is on a pirated completely unpatched version of windows.
05/23/2017 01:50 AMPosted by SquallLion

These exploit bugs in the operating system itself, an EUD map should have no way to crash the system unless the user is on a pirated completely unpatched version of windows.
pirated versions are not less secure, in fact they get updates just the same
Mike Mohammad LMAO
No EUD support is a huge deal. The majority of games played on the fish server are EUD maps, will probably cause a split community. Not such a good outlook.
Will the 200 supply limit be changeable in custom maps or scenarios? Ive always wanted to have massive battles via the editor, but the 200 supply limit per color/player always prevented that. If I am correct, it was a precaution that the computers of the time couldnt handle massive amounts of units. If that was the reason, i see no reason why it cannot be an option in the remaster.

Thanks and keep up the great work!!!
05/23/2017 01:50 AMPosted by SquallLion

EUD's can be used to open command prompt and do anything they want. THEY ARE A PROBLEM. There is a map out there that opens cmd prompt and renames Starcraft. Not saying that is dangerous is pure ignorance.