Which version will be Free?

General Discussion
Will the HD version be free? Or just 1.18 BW?
Probably just the original BW.
It sounds like the new version will also be free. My logic for this is that they wouldn't want to split the player base between 2 versions of the game.
The original game will be free. The HD version will be an upgrade you can buy.
when do know the upgrades pricing?
Will they be released at the same time or can we expect 1.18 to come sooner ?
If we already own the battle-chest, will we receive the upgrade without charge? Or are we going to be asked to buy the new game, and watch the game we all owned be given out for free?

Furthermore (if you answer) will the HD Remake have mod support?
Question, will have a discount for the players all ready have the anthology version? or something like else..

Other question will be a Deluxe Edition of SCR??
Also will people be able to play with people who bought the hd-upgrade?
03/25/2017 11:02 PMPosted by Zerginator
would also like to know this, would probably be a mistake to separate them so I wonder if it is purely re skinned so people playing the different version can play together.
Are we going to be asked to buy the new game, and watch the game we all owned be given out for free?

Please respond to this.

The new matchmaking will ba available only with purchase?
03/25/2017 10:56 PMPosted by Traysent

I bought the Anthology a while back, while I did get a fair bit of enjoyment out of it, it'd be nice to know whether the purchase is being completely invalidated or not when the Anthology becomes F2P.

HD and non-HD users will be able to play with each other.
I bought the original last week, what will happen with that purchase since it's becoming F2P now and a HD version is being released?
03/25/2017 11:19 PMPosted by Traysent

OH. MY. LAWD.
03/25/2017 11:22 PMPosted by Tex815
I bought the original last week, what will happen with that purchase since it's becoming F2P now and a HD version is being released?
Dude try to return it and get a refund

03/25/2017 11:19 PMPosted by Traysent

good to hear!
JESUS NICE
03/25/2017 10:56 PMPosted by Traysent

I bought the original game for 20.00 USD about a year prior to this announcement.
Do you know whether or not I will have to purchase the upgrade?
I've had my physical copy of the game for years now, as well as had it registered to my BN account.

So I wonder if we already own the game, will that have any effect on the price of the HD version? Will we get it for free? At a discount?

It'd kinda be a drag to have to pay full price again, tbh. (Not necessarily a deal breaker, mind you.)

Heck, you know what, maybe even have some sort of bonus avatars or some other special thing to show that you did in fact buy the original game. I think long-time owners ought to get something at least out of this, yeah?
The original will be free??
I was going to buy it yesterday, glad they took it down!
So glad to hear all this though, I guess I waited till the right moment to get in on the classic lol i'm excited like it's 1998