UMS Maps Archives

General Discussion
Got this from Reddit.

There are vast map archives that you can browse & download. All you'll need to do is put the maps in your map folder and host them and others will be able to download them from you.

https://gitlab.com/scmaps.net/starcraft_brood_war_maps_archive/tree/master

http://www.staredit.net/sc1db/browse/allmaps/

http://renaka.com/pages/starcraft

Together, all of these archives probably contain every notable map ever made. I've personally looked through them and was able to find all of the maps I could remember the names of.

I've come across a few Tower D, and Evolves on Renaka.
I'd List what maps your interested in, or remember for that matter so people can start diggin em up.
Sims High School was popular, Aeon of Strife was semi-big, Sunken D was also pretty popular, Sim Dragons was my childhood favourite, Cat n' Mouse (pick a version, it was played a lot), Cops and Robbers GOLD, DBZ - All Sagas was a fairly popular UMS iirc, E V O L V E S was also a big deal. Anyone else remember some?
Some of the more popular maps I remember:

Aeon of Strife
Builders and Fighters
Cat and Mouse (any version)
Evolves (any version)
Custom Hero Wars
Temple Siege
Diplo (any version)
RP (any version)
Cops and Robbers
Impossible maps (any version)
Bunker Wars (and just about any other combination of a noun and "Wars")
Heaven's Last Stand
Zombie maps (Usually Resident Evil I think)
Special Forces
7v1
Phantom
Mass Attack
LotR
Oh! What was the name of that one map where people could be Knights, and others would be Kings? And a couple other UMS I frequently saw was God's Land, and Fastest Possible Map.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to add in Helm's Deep.
^ You both are doing awesome!

Making a list and checking it twice because I need all of these in my life.
I downloaded all 19.7k from the gitlab, I'm pruning off maps I don't see myself ever using after I found out that loading a folder that big crashes the game lol

You did god's work by providing those links, thank you sir, have a pair of likes!
03/26/2017 03:59 PMPosted by SakkyWaves
I downloaded all 19.7k from the gitlab, I'm pruning off maps I don't see myself ever using after I found out that loading a folder that big crashes the game lol

Holy Xel-Naga, you rock.
03/26/2017 04:00 PMPosted by StormPanzer
03/26/2017 03:59 PMPosted by SakkyWaves

Holy Xel-Naga, you rock.

Thanks! Plan on hosting all day once the update comes out, share the map goodness with those who didn't see this post ^.^
03/26/2017 04:01 PMPosted by SakkyWaves
03/26/2017 04:00 PMPosted by StormPanzer

Holy Xel-Naga, you rock.

Thanks! Plan on hosting all day once the update comes out, share the map goodness with those who didn't see this post ^.^

You find any Diplo, E V O L V E S, I hope you'll have them at the top of your list ;)
03/26/2017 04:06 PMPosted by StormPanzer
03/26/2017 04:01 PMPosted by SakkyWaves

You find any Diplo, E V O L V E S, I hope you'll have them at the top of your list ;)

Already got a Diplo and E V O L V E S ready to host after the update, just hope that my internet lets me host for once lol I've got it port forwarded as is and tested it already, but the good old Connection Timed Out still occurred, even when I tried with DMZ enabled. uPnP is going to be a godsend.
If you have the Direct DL link's to those maps, you could post them here?
I don't have the Direct DL links unfortunately, I got them in a separate folder from my download of the archive, I could find the versions I have on the sites listed and provide those links but it'll take a good amount of time.
03/26/2017 04:13 PMPosted by SakkyWaves
I don't have the Direct DL links unfortunately, I got them in a separate folder from my download of the archive, I could find the versions I have on the sites listed and provide those links but it'll take a good amount of time.

I'd rather you keep sifting to find the juicy ones, I won't trouble ya! I'm at work, but when I'm off I plan on doing allot of sifting myself.
Resident Evil: Raccoon city, by PanzerKavalier

a classic ums game.

there was another i believe it was nemesis.
03/26/2017 04:17 PMPosted by samirduran
Resident Evil: Raccoon city, by PanzerKavalier

a classic ums game.

there was another i believe it was nemesis.

Ah, that's one that I couldn't remember the name! Well done! Let's hope we can find it!
Update to the list: Big Game Hunters (any version)
Poker D
The Thing (any version)
Run Zergling Run
300 Spartans
Dawn of the Dead
A Civilian Life
03/26/2017 04:22 PMPosted by SakkyWaves
Poker D
The Thing (any version)
Run Zergling Run
300 Spartans
Dawn of the Dead
A Civilian Life

THE THING AND RUN ZERGLING RUN....stahp, it's to much.
03/26/2017 04:23 PMPosted by StormPanzer
03/26/2017 04:22 PMPosted by SakkyWaves
Poker D
The Thing (any version)
Run Zergling Run
300 Spartans
Dawn of the Dead
A Civilian Life

THE THING AND RUN ZERGLING RUN....stahp, it's to much.

Got to get the list ready for others, not everyone's willing to DL 2GB of maps. Stupid 1 post every 60 seconds limit.
Helms deepest
Seige of Minas tirith
protect bob
protect the president
starship troopers
starship troopers be the bug
godzilla vs military