Will The Campaigns Be Free As Well As HD?

Campaign Discussion
Can someone help with this
AS far, as i know, U have the game, u have the maps. lol.
But I am not 100% sure. We will find out!
And what about BW campaign?
StarCraft and StarCraft Brood War, in their entirety, will both be completely free. The HD version will be sold as an upgrade.
03/25/2017 11:12 PMPosted by Traysent
StarCraft and StarCraft Brood War, in their entirety, will both be completely free. The HD version will be sold as an upgrade.

Squeeeeeeeeee! <3

Do you have an estimated Price for the Remastered Upgrade?
The HD Remaster is free upg. When you go USEast/West/etc.
:) Its like all other updates.
03/26/2017 12:07 AMPosted by CaptJaneway

Squeeeeeeeeee! <3

That is an happy Overmind. :)

That is a good business model

i just wanted to ask about the release date of both the free version of Broodwar and the date of the HD version. I really want to start playing this game as soon as possible
03/29/2017 05:06 AMPosted by Overmind

i just wanted to ask about the release date of both the free version of Broodwar and the date of the HD version. I really want to start playing this game as soon as possible

Brood War goes free with patch 1.18 tomorrow, Remaster hasn't got a clear date yet and is only marked as during Summer.
Any idea how we go about getting the game now if we have never purchased it? I checked the "classic games" in the store, and it just says Starcraft anthology is currently unavailable.
Will I get any discount for remastered, because of purchasing classic diology few years ago ? Now its free, and I'm feel some deceived.
04/02/2017 02:16 AMPosted by scrtagnttmtm
Any idea how we go about getting the game now if we have never purchased it? I checked the "classic games" in the store, and it just says Starcraft anthology is currently unavailable.

It will be downloadable once the patch comes off from PTR, meanwhile you can download the PTR and play, it has everything the patch will have including campaigns and multiplayer.

04/02/2017 03:24 AMPosted by timmyfoox
Will I get any discount for remastered, because of purchasing classic diology few years ago ? Now its free, and I'm feel some deceived.

No. Nobody gets any discounts.
When will the StarCraft and StarCraft Brood War, be free?
How much will be the HD upgrade??
04/05/2017 05:44 AMPosted by UltimateOwn
When will the StarCraft and StarCraft Brood War, be free?
When patch 1.18 goes live, to which there's no known date as of yet. Last update on the 30th was that it would still be a week or more.
04/05/2017 06:09 AMPosted by theDeparted
How much will be the HD upgrade??
No word on price yet. SC:R is still a little ways off so it may be a while before anything is announced.
where can i find the official download link for the PTR?
04/02/2017 03:24 AMPosted by timmyfoox

Did Skyrim remastered cost money? Why shouldn't SC/BW:R? They're taking the time to update a 20 year old game and making it free to play. Blizzard is also offering a HD upgrade for money. Where's the problem? You can still play the game 100% for free. You deserve no discount. That whole concept is bananas to me.
and for those of us that have old CD copy's of both classic and Brood war and had to re-buy on the blizzard site due to CD keys fails? tough luck?

Skyrim RM was cheaper if you owned the old model on PC...