Mac support

Technical Support
I see in the v1.18 patch notes that Mac support is in progress and won't be part of this week's patch. Is there an ETA? Will SC:R support Mac on release?
I think sc will support mac, i am not sure about windows xp cos blizzard stop supporting it. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7400087 here is which games are supported. I think since sc remastered will be new update for sc, they should add mac support.
I will be pretty bummed out of Blizzard doesn't support mac OS for the release of SC:R.

If it comes down to it, I will just install bootcamp but native support would be ideal, seeing how the original had a native client, albeit releasing a year after initial release.
Yes, mac will be supported.
03/27/2017 09:02 AMPosted by Duke
Yes, mac will be supported.

I have been wanting to play these series for a while before jumping into the second one, and since my PC broke down a little while ago, all I got is my Mac. So this is fantastic news.

Thank you for the answer!
03/27/2017 09:06 PMPosted by Pete Stilwell
GoldPants,

We'll have the Mac Beta out with 1.18.0 on Thursday. A few of the engineers went above and beyond to get it ready. Hope you and our other Mac users can log some serious hours to help with smoking out any bugs.

Cheers,
Pete
Incredible. Thanks for putting all this work into my favourite game of all time! I switched to Mac for work a decade ago now and have been missing Brood War dreadfully. Will it be an open beta?
Sorry if it was clarified previously, but if I'm understanding correctly there will be a Mac version of Starcraft 1 tomorrow when it goes free? again sorry if it was already clarified, thanks.
03/29/2017 07:08 PMPosted by Pwrhau5
Sorry if it was clarified previously, but if I'm understanding correctly there will be a Mac version of Starcraft 1 tomorrow when it goes free? again sorry if it was already clarified, thanks.

Yes, well a beta version anyway.
Where do we go to see beta clients for either Mac OS or Windows?
03/27/2017 10:30 PMPosted by Mark Chandler
GoldPants,

We'll have the Mac Beta out with 1.18.0 on Thursday. A few of the engineers went above and beyond to get it ready. Hope you and our other Mac users can log some serious hours to help with smoking out any bugs.

Cheers,
Pete

LITERAL GODS, TASTELESS.
03/27/2017 10:30 PMPosted by Mark Chandler
GoldPants,

Cheers,
Pete

i have no words to express how exited i am.
So is the Mac version out yet? I can't find it. My life needs BW in it.
03/30/2017 10:18 PMPosted by TengslEnda
So is the Mac version out yet? I can't find it. My life needs BW in it.

Same here, I stopped shower for days waiting.
Has this happened yet?
03/31/2017 11:05 AMPosted by Pete Stilwell
Howdy Mouse,

Yes, we'll put up new patch notes with the next PTR build to notify when the Mac build is ready. Thanks for checking in, and apologies it wasn't quite ready for day 1 of the PTR.

Cheers,
Pete

This was the last thing that I've heard about it. I'm guessing the beta will be out sometime next week. Figures crossed!
Any update on the macOS support? I know quite a few old players only have macs these days and are eager to play, myself included.
Nothing outside that it's slated to come with 1.18's release, which is TBA. Whether there will be a Mac PTR, it seems that there may be.

Sounds like the next update will come with the next set of patch notes/next PTR update.
03/31/2017 11:05 AMPosted by Pete Stilwell
Yes, we'll put up new patch notes with the next PTR build to notify when the Mac build is ready. Thanks for checking in, and apologies it wasn't quite ready for day 1 of the PTR.
04/03/2017 07:19 AMPosted by Nihilus
Any update on the macOS support? I know quite a few old players only have macs these days and are eager to play, myself included.

Years of Starcraft on Mac gave me the nice snap I have in my wrist. :D