Remastered Stand Alone?

General Discussion
I may have missed it somewhere, but is it known if SC:R will be a complete, stand alone client separate from the SC client? As in, it won't matter whether the original SC is present or not on the system in order to install it?

Or is SC:R something that builds upon SC, thus requiring SC be present?
It's standalone and uses the same game engine as the original.

So you are not required to own the original StarCraft, but it will be cross-compatible so you can play along with people who have the original with patch 1.18 and can also share replays and saved games between versions.
I was curious about this as well. I'm still re-Installing the classic but,
was hoping it would show up in the bnet app, I't being a standalone would allow for that sense they can implement the connection to the app.
You can change from the original texture to the remastered one with a simple button while playing.
03/28/2017 10:25 AMPosted by Leviathan
I may have missed it somewhere, but is it known if SC:R will be a complete, stand alone client separate from the SC client? As in, it won't matter whether the original SC is present or not on the system in order to install it?

It's all the same client.

Players will be able to connect and play, watch replays, or share saved games seamlessly between free Brood War, and the SC:R upgrade. It’s all the same client! Each player and observer in the game can opt to play in standard or high def individually, and you can switch instantly and seamlessly at the press of a button right inside the game or while watching a replay.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/520464-an-interview-with-the-devs-of-starcraft-remastered
you can switch instantly and seamlessly at the press of a button right inside the game or while watching a replay.

This is interesting. I expected to be able to change in the lobby but this is cool as hell. Is there a measure of customization involved where we can be like high res for all units except for reavers and dragoons for example? Or maybe opt for the higher res UI but keep unit textures and portraits?
Amazing!

03/28/2017 12:27 PMPosted by ExcaliburZ
03/28/2017 10:25 AMPosted by Leviathan

It's all the same client.

Players will be able to connect and play, watch replays, or share saved games seamlessly between free Brood War, and the SC:R upgrade. It’s all the same client! Each player and observer in the game can opt to play in standard or high def individually, and you can switch instantly and seamlessly at the press of a button right inside the game or while watching a replay.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/520464-an-interview-with-the-devs-of-starcraft-remastered
The pre-order page says it requires the StarCraft anthology. This makes it seem like it is a patch on top of the original game.

Also, since this is the same client as the original, will we get an icon in the Blizzard launcher?
It will not be a patch. I am sure they'll integrate this into Blizzard launcher, else it doesn't make sense.