What i want to see in Starcraft Remaster

General Discussion
Hello.

Here are some things i expect in Starcraft Remaster:
-Portraits System;
-Achievement System;
-Matchmacking TAB from Starcraft 2 (option to play vs AI, training, unranked, ranked, etc);
-Ranked system from Starcraft 2, with leagues and per race mmr;
-Automated touraments;
-Co-op missions. YES. I want to play Starcraft 1 missions in CO-OP.

I think that's all. You agree with me?

EDIT:
I forgot to mention.
To have the posibility to set mouse sensibility.
>coop missions
Blizzard please
Multiplayer
+Quick matchs
+Automated tournaments
-All replay and spectator stuff that is in SC2

Maps
-Improved map editor with similar capabilities than War3 or Sc2.
-New tilesets, more doodads and destructible things.
-More freedom in editing maps like adding wide ramps, large bridges, etc.
-Maybe some new things of SC2 maps like high yield resources.

Campaing
-Make custom sprites for all heroes. In original starcraft only kerrigan has custom sprites.
-Add hard or brutal difficulty modes to campaing.
+coop mission

Custom games
(Sometimes I like to play free for all in a big map, so the following things would be nice:
-Increase max size on maps.
-Increase max number of players.
-Improve AI.
-Capability to increase supply limit.
-Give free minerals to AIs, when the map is low in resources.

Others
-SC2 soundtrack
-Linux version
I want to know how much Blizzard going to improve SC1.

Personally, SC1 is potentially a better game than SC2. If they add micro-transaction into this game, they can support SC1 as much as SC2.

Afteral, SC1 just is sprite based, not complicated 3D models like SC2.
This is what you are getting:

Highlighted Features

Remastered Graphics
Revised Dialogue and Audio
Blizzard Friends and Matchmaking
Classic StarCraft Gameplay
03/26/2017 02:45 AMPosted by Vassy
Hello.

-Portraits System;
-Achievement System;
-Matchmacking TAB from Starcraft 2 (option to play vs AI, training, unranked, ranked, etc);
-Automated touraments;

It's unlikely that they go all the way to make separate bunch of achievements, but having proper ranked system for matchmaking is likely. Automated tournaments and WC3 style Win X games/tournaments/etc. based Portraits could be fun.

Co-op option for campaign sounds good and wouldn't probably be too hard to implement as there's already "team melee" mode where people play as team as one player.

I'd really like to see improved editor + AI editor so we could whip up new campaigns and stuff more easily and replace the standard silly AI.
From what they've announced, what I'd want more is the ability to spectate a game from the in-game client. Control your camera, choose which caster you want to listen to, have stats available to you.
add insane brutality to campaign! since most of us can finish it as easy as finishing!! cake!

and if posible remaster cinematic!
I forgot to mention.

Very important. To have the posibility to set mouse sensibility.
I'd like to see windowed mode. ICCUP launcher has it, but since I run games on a 40 inch 4k monitor and zoom is presumably fixed in competitive games, I'd like to have it in a window at various resolutions.
Fix the sprite limit. Cannot Create More Units is a turd to encounter
03/27/2017 08:06 AMPosted by ERMAHDERD
Fix the sprite limit. Cannot Create More Units is a turd to encounter

I think I read somewhere this was being done, but I can't 100% confirm. Honestly this is the very first thing I thought of when I heard about this update.
03/26/2017 02:45 AMPosted by Vassy
Hello.

-Portraits System;
-Achievement System;
-Automated touraments;

EDIT:
I forgot to mention.
To have the posibility to set mouse sensibility.

-Portraits System;
-Ranked system from Starcraft 2, with leagues
-Automated touraments

and of course the map editor to have some of the custom tools.

Everything else you suggested I'm mostly meh, but leaning no towards.
03/26/2017 10:14 AMPosted by Ravenlock
This is what you are getting:

Highlighted Features

Remastered Graphics
Revised Dialogue and Audio
Blizzard Friends and Matchmaking
Classic StarCraft Gameplay

This, either way I'm a happy camper
You can expect:
  • An improved multiplayer system, but with a strong reminisce and functionality of the old battle.net
  • A ranking system of sorts...
  • Extremely similar gameplay and mechanics, most of the changes are cosmetic and technical under the hood improvements.
  • Improved editor with more tools and triggers and slightly smarter functioning.
  • As I understand, the goal was to take the same old StarCraft and make it playable again, with some added benefit of improvements to the framework and functioning of the engine and multiplayer systems -- not to fundamentally change it in anyway.
    03/27/2017 09:21 AMPosted by Duke
    You can expect:
  • An improved multiplayer system, but with a reminisce of the old battle.net
  • Extremely similar gameplay and mechanics, most of the changes are cosmetic and technical under the hood improvements.
  • Improved editor with more tools and triggers and slightly smarter functioning.
  • As I understand, the goal was to take the same old StarCraft and make it playable again, with some added benefit of improvements to the framework and functioning of the engine and multiplayer systems -- not to fundamentally change it in anyway.

You make me happy Green.
    03/27/2017 09:21 AMPosted by Duke
    You can expect:
  • An improved multiplayer system, but with a reminisce of the old battle.net

That Improved Editor will be a major boon for the newer map makers.
    03/27/2017 09:26 AMPosted by StormPanzer
    You make me happy Green.

It's not easy, being green!

Also, understand that the engine is mostly the same. It will be patched, the original game will also benefit from the slight improvements and the "new"er multiplayer systems. The remaster is an HD mod essentially -- for a game Blizzard is now supporting again, though don't expect development to become active, the game itself will be largely identical to the original outside from the cosmetic difference.
    Hey Duke, here's a thread where BW Modders and Community UMS Creators are outlining issues (bugs) and features which they consider would be very good to achieve better working and more interesting maps.

http://www.staredit.net/topic/17207/2/
    http://www.panschk.de/mappage/comments.php?mapid=4888

http://www.staredit.net/wiki/index.php?title=Quirks_and_nuances

I'm Kantuva/Uvantak a SC2 Community Mapper, and I'm compiling these kind of requests on a doc, I'll then forward said document to Rackle. Be sure to keep an eye out for it, so it can be forwarded to the BW:R devteam in order to correct the bugs they haven't yet squished, and add those low effort high ROI features.