Feedback Hyperloop

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
En Taro Adun Commanders,

A big thank you to everyone helping with 1.18 on the test realm. We appreciate your help in testing this update.

As we promised, this is an effort to not be disruptive, and to ensure updates will either maintain or improve this game that you love. Playing and feedback on the test realm has been invaluable to that end.

Patch 1.18 will need to be pushed back at least another week from now, but the PTR will remain available for free. Thank you for taking this first big step with us, and we look forward to continuing the journey with you by our side.

Before we extend beyond the Public Test Realm, we want to incorporate the feedback we’ve received from the community. Specific topics we’re evaluating and working on:

Chat Channels
  • Timeouts
  • Missing social functions and unexpected behavior (Friend commands, ignore, etc)
  • Updated chat channel aesthetic (Background, chat colors, etc)

Create Game
  • Updating latency controls to improve game responsiveness (was defaulted to L2)

Find Game
  • Filtering by game type

Lobby
  • Moving player position
  • Locking Observer by default

System
  • Reported input sluggishness
  • Crash reports from 64-bit OS configurations
  • Reported latency issues
  • Maps not downloading to completion
  • Setting FPS to 200

More to come, and we look forward to the next round of feedback with you.

Cheers,
Pete
Thanks Pete :)
If 1.18 wont be out for a while can you put Fish as a Gateway on the PTR for now?
Howdy Candy,

Great question. We're working with our friends at Fish as we speak. Hope to have that gateway available for test soon as well.

Cheers,
Pete
Pete, I wish you and your team good luck with your travels. Keep up all the good progress, and don't listen to all the impatient kiddies. This has been the quickest and best remaster I have seen. Staying true to the game, and only upgrading the things your fans want. Thank you for all your hard work!
03/30/2017 04:34 PMPosted by Pete Stilwell
Howdy Candy,

Great question. We're working with our friends at Fish as we speak. Hope to have that gateway available for test soon as well.

Cheers,
Pete

Nice!

Thanks for the response!
Thanks for the update and all the work! Will a beta for Mac still be coming out today?
Awesome man.
will it be coming out today?
So, will the patch be delayed ? Some infos on that would be appreciated!!
Howdy SRJ,

We're also working to get the Mac build ready. It needs to have some parallel changes with the PC client. Ultimately, not today, but our team has some registered Macheads so we'll get it there.

Cheers,
Pete
03/30/2017 04:39 PMPosted by Pete Stilwell
Howdy SRJ,

We're also working to get the Mac build ready. It needs to have some parallel changes with the PC client. Ultimately, not today, but our team has some registered Macheads so we'll get it there.

Cheers,
Pete

Sounds good! Thanks for the update!
I would rather it be delayed than rushed out, keep up the good work.
I think you should make customizable hotkeys more organized, as in per race, function or something, its really hard trying to figure them out the way they're laid out.

Also, can you please clarify if your gonna add the option to rebiding control group hotkeys and camera location hotkeys? I think its crucial to have them customizable, too.
My trust comes back in you guys. These are fast responses, 1 day of testing cmon! Days are not big issues after waiting for so many years .
En Taro Adun!
We appreciate your hard work.
Hey Pete, since you're answering some questions, was that Battle.net interface what we'll see in the final version? Sorting for games seemed really difficult and observer being enabled by default in open lobbies was frustrating.

Top vs Bottom, Use Map Settings, etc would be a lot more efficient to find games on Fish Server than a search bar because Koreans use all sorts of shortening and slang in their titles. 빠른무한, 빨무, 빠무, 바무, 빰우, and several more are just the terms for Fastest Map Possible!
All good news, this is exactly what people asked for!

Is there any effort to restore in lobby latency checking?
Oh and thanks for listening with the ping issue! L2 should be standard, not L1 (the current setting). Maybe even L3 would help because the different there isn't by much and would help a LOT with cross-continent play.
When can we update Starcraft 1.18? There are no notices about updates. I am waiting endlessly...