Will the remaster have achievements?

General Discussion
04/05/2017 10:46 AMPosted by Ferkv
I know this might seem silly.. but nowadays I want to be able to store my progress in the cloud, in some way.

Not that silly actually. Pretty much any decent game on Steam features cloud saving, including HD remasters of old games like Final Fantasy VII. It's interesting to know that I can spend 1000 hours in a FFVII save and it will be there in a data center 10 years from now.
I mean I totally understand why people would want cloud-saves and why it's a good thing, but in the meantime God forbid that you backup your files onto a partition that isn't C: for that inevitable time when Windows craps out.
I hope NOT. Make this game exactly like SC:BW. If I want SC2 feature I'll play SC2
Please bring in achievements.
I think so.They will link achievements to new user portraits in bnet.See they have added a blank portrait in 1.18.

They'll probably be a bunch of portraits to buy in the transactions area too.
I'd like achievements. I know they piss a lot of people off, so I think you should be able to disable the notifications from them or something, but I really enjoy little extra challenges here and there and it doesn't change the core gameplay at all.
omigosh yes please campaign achievements.

Those that do not like them don't need to complete them and those that do like them have something to strive for. Achievementing hunting is a huge part of my gaming passion (and others for sure!)

I guess we will wait and see...
04/05/2017 10:46 AMPosted by Ferkv
I know this might seem silly.. but nowadays I want to be able to store my progress in the cloud, in some way. Otherwise it makes me feel like the effort of beating a game was all for naught since it gets lost as soon as I change computer or reinstall the game.

Achievements and leaderboards are ways to give you a feeling of tracked progress, imho.
Both increase the replayability too, in different ways.
I have this Griddlers PC game (google it, it's a sort of "sudoku") that I've ALMOST completed it like twice, but had to change PC [they broke :( ] and lost all progress. Game is offline and has I think around 120 levels. The first 40 are kinda ez but after that levels can take up to 30 minutes to complete... or more...

:rip: me. How I wish there was cloud saving for Griddlers Beach Season

Links: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonogram
http://www.gamehouse.com/#/games/griddlers-beach-season

:)
I don't think they are planning on adding them, but I'm not really opposed to the idea.

If you don't want 'em, just don't get 'em. It doesn't really hurt anyone to include them, and a lot of people would enjoy having them, so why not, right?
Give us achievements.
Achievements would be nice. Could tie them to character portraits for StarCraft 2 so StarCraft 2 players have something to work towards.
It will ruin the balance of the game!
I think it is weird that all the new games have achievements. It is kinda weird that they feel like that they have to give their player base something to do.

Back in the days you just played a game until you were through with it and always found new things to do anyways...

Does somebody else also think this way?
08/13/2017 01:59 PMPosted by SuDDenLife
I think it is weird that all the new games have achievements. It is kinda weird that they feel like that they have to give their player base something to do.

They don't feel like they have to, they are just giving people more interesting things to do. There are many achievements in games of all genres that I would play my own way first, and then end up having to use a completely different strategy to earn the achievements, and that's a good thing. It gives a game replayability and can keep people playing long after they would have otherwise stopped, and can encourage them to join the community to ask for suggestions or show off their achievement.
08/13/2017 01:59 PMPosted by SuDDenLife

Back in the days you just played a game until you were through with it and always found new things to do anyways...

Does somebody else also think this way?

I do. I stopped pursuing achievements a while back and then shortly thereafter ignored therm altogether. It changed my gaming habits dramatically and highlighted which titles were only as fun as the achievements, unlocks and other incentives (consequently I mainly play older games now...). The downside to over-reliance on those mechanisms is that people who don't buy into those will play your game less, maybe even stop within a few hours. Some modern games really do need them to provide an illusion of content. Older games like BW didn't need them and don't now.

That being said, I'm not opposed to them, but I consider them a cosmetic feature that should be worked on for implementation when everything else is ready to go. I think Blizzard has their hands full with other issues and community improvement requests to deal with first (you can tell just be looking at the front page of this forum). There are some games that get released unplayable due to crashes and bugs, but have fully functioning achievements.
I like achievements (or trophies on ps4) because it is a literal badge of completion. Anyone can say that beat a game on brutal, but that little "ding" just feels so good sometimes. Especially after a tough boss fight.