Will Cinematics be remastered?

General Discussion
I hear 2, 3 versions of this on reddit.

so I thought I come here and ask, anyone know?
I think it says so somewhere in the SC:R announcment
i will take as "we are not 100% sure" then.
Delete
Do the original cutscenes look bad? I would figure they could just use a resolution boost, but hopefully not need to be changed
06/12/2017 11:52 AMPosted by llllllllllll
Stylized Briefings
Race-themed comic book interludes tell the original story with a fresh coat of paint.

from the front page of starcraft.com guessing it'll be something like the d3 cut scenes.

he's talking about the cutscenes not the briefings.
On the homepage try clicking the TV screen.

Still not a real answer but it seems to point towards simply touching up the cinematics, not redoing them.
06/12/2017 12:07 PMPosted by wtvr
Do the original cutscenes look bad? I would figure they could just use a resolution boost, but hopefully not need to be changed

That makes them look worse actually. You would not be pleased.
I have the rare widescreen DVD "special limited edition".
More detailed yes, but that makes it look worse because you can see how painfully old it is.
06/13/2017 10:22 AMPosted by Duke

That makes them look worse actually. You would not be pleased.
I have the rare widescreen DVD "special limited edition".
More detailed yes, but that makes it look worse because you can see how painfully old it is.

You should upload it somewhere :o
I would hope so, but it does seem like a gigantic use of Cinematic department resources for something the game definitely doesn't need as a selling point.
Could the cutscenes be re-rendered for higher resolutions like Platinum did for Vanquish, assuming Blizzard still has the video data?
I played through the campaign recently, and the cut-scenes look like they were made by a high school student. It's HILARIOUS how bad the cutscenes are compared to todays standards. They are also soo dark that I can barely see what's happening.
06/14/2017 08:49 PMPosted by PheoNIX
I played through the campaign recently, and the cut-scenes look like they were made by a high school student. It's HILARIOUS how bad the cutscenes are compared to todays standards. They are also soo dark that I can barely see what's happening.

People say a poor craftsman blames his tools...but it's pretty clear that tools can make a damn huge difference in quality of the end product.

Rewind about 19 years and everyone would laugh at this comment.

the cutscenes were cutting edge at the time

The Final Cutscenes in SC and SC:BW (Tassadar's sacrifice and UED falling) are still better than every cutscene SC2 ever shat out.

Graphics while great, pale in comparison to just being well scripted with good atmosphere.
06/15/2017 08:49 AMPosted by AnonTwo

The Final Cutscenes in SC and SC:BW (Tassadar's sacrifice and UED falling) are still better than every cutscene SC2 ever shat out.

Graphics while great, pale in comparison to just being well scripted with good atmosphere.

The only thing that comes anywhere close to the SC:O ending cutscene and the BW opening scene in SC2 is maybe the WoL combat scene on Char and that's just for action only, not dialogue.

There aren't enough ship-to-ship cutscenes in either game tbh. In SC1 just seeing the Hyperion rendevouzing with the Gantrithor was awesome. I think the only one in SC2 was the Valerian ambushing the the Hyperion in WoTL.
Well I think that actionwise, HotS opening kills it. Funny, since pretty much everything else in that game seemed lame to me.
I hope they atleast remaster the broodwar opening cutscene, but do you think that they should keep the zergling design the same, or should they make it how the zergling looks in game?
06/27/2017 09:14 AMPosted by PheoNIX
I hope they atleast remaster the broodwar opening cutscene, but do you think that they should keep the zergling design the same, or should they make it how the zergling looks in game?

Exactly !

The producers sayed about make the units in game and in the art be the same. Standardize the visual of the game. Some units I would prefer if they were adopted the model of cinematics, like the Hydra.

But they use the model in game as the model, and change the rest, as we can see
in the Victory screen.

So...... it will be strange the cinematics with different versions of the units concepts in the rest of the game.

Typical middle schooler reply.